• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the Queen Anne's Revenge

The model is pretty much done now, just the odd thing to finish up.

The figure head done and dusted. As I said in an earlier post, I'm not putting on all of the skeletons because of the poly count.
the_revenge_is_mine_06_by_bonjourmonami-d3jr0xx.jpg

and the completed stern
f2938ed84248abc2214b5244f9e50247-d3jr0vh.jpg

After I'm done if someone wants to improve on the textures, be my guest. I'm a modeller not a texturer and I know the textures could be better.

Impressive work! The ship has come together really well. :onya

By the way, what's the situation for the Black Pearl? Is it uploaded anywhere, or does it still have problems?

Holy crap!
w00t.gif
She looks amazing! Verrrrrry nice work on the figurehead. I'm very impressed.
me.gif

I can't wait to play her. I'm sure Armada with step up to the plate with additional texturing.
keith.gif
Perhaps some of the smaller skeletons can be faked with textures. And the sails need to be tattered a little. Plus they need to be dirty looking. But great job on the model itself. wow. just wow.
me.gif

I forget. What's wrong with the Pearl again?
dunno.gif

[attachment=6646:chrome 2011-06-05 16-49-11-24.jpg][attachment=6645:chrome 2011-06-05 16-10-08-95.jpg] Here's some better shots of the sails.

They got a few holes in them, but not anywhere near what the cursed Pearl has.

Looks very good, mate! Less skeletons is good as far as I'm concerned; makes her a bit less over-the-top. :shock

I wonder why the designers gave her such a huge stern? The Revenge's stern is even bigger and more elaborate than the Dutchman's.
danse1.gif

True that. The cursed Black Pearl couldn't possibly sail with it's ripped up sails, but it looks really cool. Realism doesn't always equal fun, and that's what movies are all about.
keith.gif

you do realise that there's no way the player could see what's behind him while on deck, right?

Well then that's another part Disney neglected in their design work.
I'll bet this ship will also have the 3rd person camera centred a little too high, due to that stern. :facepalm

the problem could be solved if you're able to walk into the cabin and look out a rear window. but that might be too much too ask.

Actually, that sounds like a good solution, if possible. That stern window is huge, after all, so you'd have a great field of vision. :yes

Well then that's another part Disney neglected in their design work.
I'll bet this ship will also have the 3rd person camera centred a little too high, due to that stern. :facepalm

Is there any way to change the way the 3rd person camera is centered?

What we've recently realised is that the 3rd person camera takes into account the size of the root model (usually the hull), which is the one responsible for collision detection etc.
So the only way to change the camera's position is to adjust the size, particularly the height, of the root model.
With the QAR, though, we can't exactly scale the stern down. The best that can be done is to remove the topmost part of the stern and attach is as a separate model with a locator.

Back