• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the Queen Anne's Revenge

It's not cheating if it's an acknowledged, accepted, believed and legitimate power mate....so geriatric "Blackbeard" the zombie Magician won fair and square.

I would personally love to see a video of a battle between the Pearl and Jenny Craig's Revenge......as long as the beautiful Black Pearl won and we could all witness the other one sink into the depths of oblivion....never to be seen again. :woot :2guns :cheeky

Then undead monkey could finally do his victory dance proper :mi :mi :mi

:razz :rofl

MK

"He's even more annoying in miniature."
jack1.gif

Hey i just noticed something... i have some experience with sailing and ships and all that actually my dad is a shipwright and so do i soon and i noticed the ropes that are tied between the sails on the blueprint at the beggining that are supposed to hold the mast look a little weird and arent quite right ://

As you guys know, I've made a QAR model for Pirates but I don't want to try to get her to work until I've got the Pearl fixed. I've been trying to get the Pearl on the FTP but I can't get the passwords right, could someone please put up a pic of what you need to have in the boxes please.

why wont you bring her out befour the pearl? :// i really love QAR and will start hunting it in the same second it comes to teh game... about the password or that i dont know NOTHING... sry ://

For info on how to get the FTP working follow this link and read post #1. It works for me! http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/

:drunk

Can you post a screen of the beauty :) ?

"beauty"??? :shrug In the eye of the beholder I guess....here you go, you will like this: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JK29067

I would have loved this when I was a kid.

MK

MK, your efforts are valiant mate, but I'm afraid we are fighting a loosing battle. Disney has brainwashed a generation with this cash cow. I watched them dismantle the classic Sea Dogs and turn it into just another fluff Disney promo. Without these forums and the dedication of modders like yourself, POTC would have died a quick, painful, death a long time ago. Actual history means nothing anymore, it's all about flashy lights and shiny objects, and how much you can sell them for! I would absolutely love to see a historically accurate La Concorde in the game, if I had even the slightest bit of talent I would do her myself. History ain't what it used to be mate. It used to be that history was written by the victor, not anymore. History is written by whoever has the biggest bank account. They don't get much bigger than Disney's. Uncle Walt would be turning in his grave if he saw what Disney has become!

If you have never seen it, you should watch Idiocracy, scariest damn movie I have ever seen!

That's why I think we should have a second, historically accurate version of the Queen Anne's Revenge made along with the movie version being made. Just have them both.

being historical ship enthousiasts, i'd say we're kinda biased. but that doesn't mean i don't think that disney ship's not an ugly bugger. i've got nothing against fantasy ships, but they could at least have them make some degree of sense.

MK, your efforts are valiant mate, but I'm afraid we are fighting a loosing battle. Disney has brainwashed a generation with this cash cow. I watched them dismantle the classic Sea Dogs and turn it into just another fluff Disney promo. Without these forums and the dedication of modders like yourself, POTC would have died a quick, painful, death a long time ago. Actual history means nothing anymore, it's all about flashy lights and shiny objects, and how much you can sell them for! I would absolutely love to see a historically accurate La Concorde in the game, if I had even the slightest bit of talent I would do her myself. History ain't what it used to be mate. It used to be that history was written by the victor, not anymore. History is written by whoever has the biggest bank account. They don't get much bigger than Disney's. Uncle Walt would be turning in his grave if he saw what Disney has become!

If you have never seen it, you should watch Idiocracy, scariest damn movie I have ever seen!

There's no accounting for taste Thagarr. I'm just having/poking a little fun watching the topic. America is the land of puke colored shag carpet, Elvis impersonators, and pink Cadillacs, and while I may hate them, I would defend the rights of those who love them to the death....including my own right to make fun of them. I hear what you're saying though about "flashy lights and shiney objects" and I've seen the movie..."it's got electrolites" LOL. I think that the 500 year timeline in that movie has actually occurred much faster. Really within a generation the country has "dumbed down". In another generation...I can't imagine. Already we have a generation of geographical and historical morons.

While I don't want to hijack this thread and turn our beloved game/ship interests political, Disney as a large corporation is very much responsible for the current state of things. In a recent poll, 26 percent of Americans didn't know who we fought to gain our independence. Just go look at a couple of you tube videos on this subject and you get a little discouraged. I work at a fairly high level inside the beltway and could write a book about the stupidity I see everyday in our system. Some attribute it to our learning model that we adopted in the early eighties. Females weren't achieving well, so we changed everything. Males learn in a much more visual and spacial way. Just look at the stats now of who are going out for science degrees and the dropout rates. Females will dominate our society very soon. I'm already seeing it in government. Our school system fudges test scores to make things look a little better. ADHD kids, medication and constant visual diversion ("flashy lights and shiney objects") are the new normal.

So idiocracy is already here...many are just calling it Plutocracy: http://archive.truthout.org/bill-moyers-money-fights-hard-and-it-fights-dirty64766 Its a good read. The facts are that not one banker or speculator has gone to jail in the recent economic crisis, and our corporate owned US news agencies only show fluffy stories about Anthony Wiener and Casey Anthony (I have to watch foreign news just to see what is really happening in the world...very sad). This is not a government conspiricy, its a corporate conspiricy - our government is no longer in charge and the corporations clearly are - they wont pay taxes even when their profits have been at record highs throughout the crisis. Exxon and Disney alone made more money than many country's whole GDPs combined and this was after overhead. Some say this is all a long term effort to deliberately make Americans ignorant and willing to take low paying jobs so that we can bring back manufacturing from China with no unions and low cost in the next generation as their affluence and power grows....who knows.

So while I play my beloved Sailing/Pirate video games and go sailing for real when I have the time - to forget about reality, run away from it all - and work out my anger and agression on non-existent electronic persons and objects on the other end of my mouse......I can't help but get a little miffed when cheap, hokey "flashy...shiney" corporate images contaminate my digital utopia.

I'll get over it though. Just the fact people are here, to me, shows a higher level of intelligence....maybe I'm biased. :rolleyes: However, everyone should stay informed and should make an effort to educate and better themselves whenever possible. I am happy to say I learn things on this awesome site all the time. If nothing else, the thing my mates teach me here, cause me to search for facts and learn other things I wouldn't ordinarily seek out.

So I say KUDOS to Pirates Ahoy!!!!!....I'm becoming more of a real believer in the freedom of the black flag every day. :dance

MK

why wont you bring her out befour the pearl? :// i really love QAR and will start hunting it in the same second it comes to teh game... about the password or that i dont know NOTHING... sry ://

The reason why is because she would have the same problem as the pearl and there isn't much point until the pearl's fixed.

Aye mate, this forum is something special! I have meet several fantastic people here over the years form all over the world, and learned a great deal from them as well. If it wasn't for this here fine bunch of mates, I probably would have went off the deep end a long time ago! I get as much satisfaction and relaxation tracking down stories, reading the forums, and reading what others are working on as I do from playing POTC and CoAS and a few others. Jumping in and helping someone on a mod occasionally is even more satisfying!

Interesting speech there MK. Some of what he discuses I had already known, but it definitely provided me with some new insight on the way things work, even though his speech was mostly one sided. Laying all the blame at the feet of one party is ignoring half the issue! I have been on the receiving end of exactly what he was talking about in that speech pretty much my entire working life. The past few years the company that I work for has cut their work force in half. There have been 2 separate times during the past 10 years where they went 2 years plus without giving raises. Even though their sales and profit margins continued to rise. They were actually dumb enough(or perhaps arrogant enough) to tell us that! That of course means us "fortunate" ones who were left were also stuck doing twice the work for what amounts to less money. I don't have a college degree in business, but I can balance a checkbook! I figured out a long time ago that I would be working till the day they plant me. And to be honest, I much prefer it that way! Anyway, I will refrain from really digging into were I think this is all heading, at least in this post.

It was not my intention to hijack this thread either, nor show any disrespect for anyone trying to make POTC a better game by including what they feel would make the game better. I know there are a lot of people out there who only play New Horizon's because of the Jack Sparrow, or other POTC offshoot film story lines. In my opinion though, a historically accurate ship would be more worth the effort than just another Black Pearl re-skin. The point I am trying to make is that there is a reason that Teach named his ship Queen Anne's Revenge! There were reasons that Teach, and others like him, did what they did; not just because they were simply blood thirsty greedy bastards. If you take a look at what is going on off the coast of Somalia today, it's obvious we as a society haven't learned a damn thing from history.

Anyway, back on topic! If anyone out there with much more talent than I have is interested in actually doing something historical, these are the best pictures I have been able to find of a historical QAR. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any hull plans. From what I have been able to piece together over the years she was basically an English built merchant frigate, perhaps based on a Dutch design, with some modifications to her cargo holds to accommodate more slaves. And of course the modifications Teach did to increase her cannon.

qar1.jpg

2597948039094cc6bd35z.jpg

qar2.jpg

I know I shouldn't..............

This isn't the place for politics, so I'll keep it short. Some call it Plutocracy. Depending on my mood, I call it Corporatocracy or Fascism. Whatever you want to call it, this isn't the America I grew up in.

This is a big tent we have here and there is room for a lot of different ideas and opinions. Build both versions of the QAR! The more people we have working on ships here, the faster POTC and COAS will advance.

Omg people! This a thread for the Queen Anne's Revenge, not politics or America bashing. Stay on topic please.
mybad.gif

ah, but did you notice the bashing was done by those living in america?

anyway, i think both ships suit me just fine. the movie version for nothing but pleasing the movie fans, of course. otherwise they'd just be whining about it. the real QAR, however, might well turn out to be my favorite ship to use due to it's reputation, though it will depend a little on it's stats.

ah, but did you notice the bashing was done by those living in america?

anyway, i think both ships suit me just fine. the movie version for nothing but pleasing the movie fans, of course. otherwise they'd just be whining about it. the real QAR, however, might well turn out to be my favorite ship to use due to it's reputation, though it will depend a little on it's stats.

I DID notice it actually, but I'm not gonna start a fight about it.
dunno.gif

Indeed, I'd be happy to have both versions, and I would play with them both because I love fantasy ships AND historical ships. After all, my two favorites in the game are the Pearl and the Constitution.
me.gif

well, the pearl makes sense. without holes in it's sails, that is. but it was at least one of the more plausible fantasy ships i've seen, so i rather like the thing, not to mention that i like the ship type itself. the disney QAR just has too much of an ass to be able to even move like a normal vessel.

Back