• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the Queen Anne's Revenge

In COAS there is a 'warship' with a high stern and even a flag pole on it, but I don't remember if you get any 3rd person camera problems.

What we've recently realised is that the 3rd person camera takes into account the size of the root model (usually the hull), which is the one responsible for collision detection etc.
So the only way to change the camera's position is to adjust the size, particularly the height, of the root model.
With the QAR, though, we can't exactly scale the stern down. The best that can be done is to remove the topmost part of the stern and attach is as a separate model with a locator.

The model looks great now. Would that mess up the way it looks?

In COAS there is a 'warship' with a high stern and even a flag pole on it, but I don't remember if you get any 3rd person camera problems.
That might be because the flagpole was attached as a separate model; that's the key to avoiding the camera issue, and you'd never know it was the case unless you look in GM Viewer... ;)

The model looks great now. Would that mess up the way it looks?
Not if done correctly, no. It would look seamless if appropriate parts were separated and re-attached with locators.

Maybe setting another ship at fire with the bow chasers? Might be possible, since KBlack also managed to influence the bow chaser accuracy and such with the ship upgrades.
Wouldn't be easy though.

Is it just me or was the whole Greek fire thing rather underused in the film? Not to mention that there's no proof whatsoever that it was Greek fire in the first place. Might've been an "ordinary" flamethrower.
On the other hand, maybe it was OVER-used. It didn't really serve much purpose; it was set up only to never go anywhere. Unless they intend Barbossa to use it in PotC 5.

If it's not greek fire, then it's some other chemical that can stay lit on water. There HAS to be one more. I wanna what Jack and Gibbs do with the Pearl.
william.gif

I'm so glad she wasn't sunk. Like Jack, I am especially fond of the Pearl. Maybe even obsessed . . . hahaha
keith.gif

i have 2 things to say 1:) it would be both hilarious and extremely cruel to set another ship and crew on fire and 2:) dont you mean his grab bag of assorted ships (jacks probably crazy with happiness, or should i say more crazy, about that) :onya :cheers

I'm sure Jack is happy about his mini fleet, but the one ship he really only cares about is the Pearl.
keith.gif

He's going to be happy once he figures out how to get the ship back to normal size.
Hopefully that happens EARLY in the fifth film and they can continue with Jack actually being Captain for a while.

He's going to be happy once he figures out how to get the ship back to normal size.
Hopefully that happens EARLY in the fifth film and they can continue with Jack actually being Captain for a while.

We also don't have to worry about Barbossa stealing it anymore. lol

ahhh i cant wait anymore... when is it coming dude!? :D

Patience. It'll be done when it's done.
icon_wink.gif

Haha, OK.... This will porobably be my new favourite ship in the game after i saw ur screens in this thread :) :D

Pffft. I don't think any ship will ever replace the Pearl as my favorite.
me.gif

Pearl was my favourite ship too but i kinda got tired of it playing long as Jack now im Peter Blood and the hunt forthe Queen Anne's Revenge can soon begin! :D

Hmmm Methinks I'm gonna have to do a Black Pearl vs. Queen Anne's Revenge video.
keith.gif
Now that would be interesting! Seeing as they're so similar, the battle would no doubt go on for ages, maybe even without a decisive victor... :ixi

The only reason the Pearl lost her first encounter with the Revenge is because Blackbeard cheated and his powers.
mybad.gif

In quests you can have set ships as encounters.
Might be fairly easy to do it for a governor pirate hunting quest.

Back