• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Smart Start Mod Version 70: New starting gear for Charles! (CHEAT CODES TOO!) (dlc compatible)

After a few hours into this game, I gave up lol. The graphics is great and the currency system is nice but it's still not the same as our New Horizons. Lol. I wish we can combine these two that would be great :read but whatever:checklist. I'll stay with PotC xD I can do more over there, I don't want to spend an eternity over this one. I'm just gonna stick to the one I can literally do more, in-game or not, :type1 Maybe I'll play this game once in a while.

Okay how do I change the blade damage here. They say it's calculated by stats or special or whatever but what is it and where?

EDIT: And how do I properly change the cannonreload time? I tried tweaking the cannons file but didn't work in the game.
EDIT2: Nvm, I found a way. I tweaked the effect in one of the amulets. :cheeky:p

Last edited:
I have a correction to make, previously I made a guide about increasing the amount of money the usurer can hold, I made a mistake you will have to increase both numbers

first for peso change 1000 into bigger number
if ( (sti(Pchar.Quest.Deposits.(sDepositType1).Result) + sti(Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(sDepositType1).Sum)) > sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*1000)
{
dialog.text = "Pardon me, captain, but this sum is too huge for my provincial bank. I won't be able to bring it into here to pay you your interest. And the lack of a reliable guard... I hope that I'd understand. Anyways, the maximum sum I can accept from you is " +
FindRussianMoneyString(MakeMoneyShow(sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*1000, MONEY_SIGN,MONEY_DELIVER)) + ".";
Link.l1 = "Too bad, I have to find an another banker then.";
Link.l1.go = "Exit";
}
else
{
send for doubloon change 10 to bigger number
if ( (sti(Pchar.Quest.Deposits.(sDepositType2).Result) + sti(Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(sDepositType2).Sum)) > sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*10)
{
dialog.text = "Pardon me, captain, but this sum is too huge for my provincial bank. I won't be able to bring it into here to pay you your interest. And the lack of a reliable guard... I hope that I'd understand. Anyways, the maximum sum I can accept from you is " +
FindRussianDublonString(MakeMoneyShow(sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*10, MONEY_SIGN,MONEY_DELIVER)) + ".";
Link.l1 = "Too bad, I have to find an another banker then.";
Link.l1.go = "Exit";
}

I also recommend increasing the money and doubloon available to usurer in utils.c to make sure it work because I see it has something to do with Usurer Deposit, though i'm nut sure what is the number of Usurer Deposit.

PS: Sorry for my mistake...
Just a correction here and for a clearer explanation for those who haven't done modding. Doing this, has negative impact on other Usurers and I don't have time to figure out and or explain why. This mod by @Nelsonliang will definitely work on some Usurers but others won't accept one shilling or doubloon from you at all. So if you want to apply this to all Bankers/Usurers, all I can suggest is to completely remove the limiter, this makes it easier for everyone, anyway. Here's how:

To remove the limiter open PROGRAM\dialogs\russian\Usurer_dialog.c using notepad or whatever app you choose and find these lines in the codes (CTRL+F):
DepositType1 is Peso.
DepositType2 is Doubloon.

Code:
// boal limit
            if ( (sti(Pchar.Quest.Deposits.(sDepositType1).Result) + sti(Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(sDepositType1).Sum)) > sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*1000)
Code:
// boal limit
            if ( (sti(Pchar.Quest.Deposits.(sDepositType2).Result) + sti(Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(sDepositType2).Sum)) > sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*10)

See how it says "// boal limit" in there? Yeah this is the limiter. Add this "//" before the word "if" to disable the whole function just like this:
Code:
//            if ( (sti(Pchar.Quest.Deposits.(sDepositType1).Result) + sti(Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(sDepositType1).Sum)) > sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*1000)
Code:
//            if ( (sti(Pchar.Quest.Deposits.(sDepositType2).Result) + sti(Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(sDepositType2).Sum)) > sti(NPChar.UsurerDeposit)*10)

*There you go, now the Usurers can accept as much as you can give them because now they're awesome and can turn your money into profit not worrying that they won't be able to give you the interest.
And you've successfully completely ruined the realism of your game you freakin' cheater. Lol. xD
Well, pirates tend to, if not always, cheat anyway, like amulets and magic to instantly increase stats? gmab that alone ruins the word "realism" in this game
...that's why I cheat myself so, whatever.:razz:whipa

I have a quick question. I wanted to add some other options for ships you can get from the priest. I wanted to add a bigger ship of the line. I added the Santisima (SHIP_LSHIP_QUEST) but it is a quest ship. Would sailing that ship possibly interfere with quests? And if so would it be possible to disable the Quest tag on the ship for the one you buy from the priest but not disable it for the one that should spawn for the quest?

I don't think there will be any problems, a quest ship is a ship that doesn't appear randomly.
Even if you give it to yourself with the console for example, you just can have two or more of the unique ship and it won't start appearing randomly.

I don't think there will be any problems, a quest ship is a ship that doesn't appear randomly.
Even if you give it to yourself with the console for example, you just can have two or more of the unique ship and it won't start appearing randomly.
Yeah...I tried spawning things from a quest even people that are involved in a quest and the game literally took them off when I finally got there. So, I won't recommend spawning things from quests before you do them. The only thing I can think of now is for you to make a duplicate of that ship by copying their model files and adding them in ships_init.c. This way, you will have an exact copy of that ship and you will still see it whenever you start the quest it is involved with. I just wish I have time and know how to do this with characters as well. Is it the same procedure with copying a ship @The Nameless Pirate ?

Yeah...I tried spawning things from a quest even people that are involved in a quest and the game literally took them off when I finally got there. So, I won't recommend spawning things from quests before you do them. The only thing I can think of now is for you to make a duplicate of that ship by copying their model files and adding them in ships_init.c. This way, you will have an exact copy of that ship and you will still see it whenever you start the quest it is involved with. I just wish I have time and know how to do this with characters as well. Is it the same procedure with copying a ship @The Nameless Pirate ?
I didn't know that problems arise if you spawn a quest ship, interesting.

As for quest characters, I am not sure if it's the same as ships as I haven't added a character in TEHO, I will look at the code and let you know.

Okay, that is interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

I was thinking of trying to add a ship with custom stats but where would what model and texture be defined? Or do we not have access to those files?

Okay, that is interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

I was thinking of trying to add a ship with custom stats but where would what model and texture be defined? Or do we not have access to those files?
Do you just want a big custom ship? There are a lot of big "okay looking" ships in the game. It doesn't have to be a quest ship. And do you want it to be added when talking to that priest, Benua?
If So, just upload your Benua.c file and I'll modify it for you. I'll let you know what I did after I mod it. You can find it in PROGRAM\dialogs\russian\Quests\Sharlie\Benua.c.

*Make sure you download the PROGRAM folder from the link @The Nameless Pirate gave you if you haven't yet. This will save you a lot of modding headaches in the future.

Do you just want a big custom ship? There are a lot of big "okay looking" ships in the game. It doesn't have to be a quest ship. And do you want it to be added when talking to that priest, Benua?
If So, just upload your Benua.c file and I'll modify it for you. I'll let you know what I did after I mod it. You can find it in PROGRAM\dialogs\russian\Quests\Sharlie\Benua.c.

*Make sure you download the PROGRAM folder from the link @The Nameless Pirate gave you if you haven't yet. This will save you a lot of modding headaches in the future.
I already added around 10 ships as well as some extra dialog to the priest. I ended up changing which line ship he gave to that quest ship in particular because I liked the look of it.

I have also been using the unpacked PROGRAM folder to add some other things as well.

My main concern was if using that quest ship would interfere with the quest that ship is used in.

Another thing I was trying to do is add a new ship entirely but I am not sure if that is possible at the moment.

Thanks for all the advice!

New update as of 10/19/2019
The downloads for this mod are replaced with working tested versions as of 11/23/2018. Previously I gutted some minor things for it to work with hero of the nation dlc around 12/16/2017. The mod allows you to obtain cheats from the priest guy on starting island after talking to fadey. They will cost you some doubloons though. Finally, the mod allows you to obtain new gear at start if you ignore tutorial and go straight to loan from priest. That is also the recommended way to fully experience mod in full. Besides, no one wants to spend 6 hours on a rock in the middle of nowhere, now do they ;)

DESCRIPTION OF MOD:
Since the Great Gutting of 2017, you can have new gear which is based around each class, with extra points for spending at start on perks. As example, start 4 comes with:
Soldier Pistol x3
Class Based Sword x1
Cartridges x75
250k Starting Cash*
Gold Cross x1
Castilian ciurass x1
health elixirs x25
nautical spyglass x1

custom cheats you can buy from the priest include never dying (and the ability to reverse it), new ships, and plenty of gear , plus new companions

You will have to advance to talk with fadey first for any cheats to work.

The Latest version of mod is version 27.

Old Legacy version is version 25.

Two variants of latest version (version 27) can be found: The Cheater variant and a more legit variant. cheater replaces all default cheat prices from priest guy to 1 so as long as you pay a single dubloon, all shall be fun.

Regular version makes it less cheaty price wise.

Old Description: This is all obsolete

Changelogs:

the attached .zip files are what you need to use. Follow the instructions in the readme. I am not giving any more info than this. The Readme will explain it all :D

Do note, however, that this will require a separate mod. Again, read the Readme for further info

Dear Begginfokillz,

I truly admire your work and I thank you for your mod.

Unfortunately, I am facing an issue with your mod. The issue is that, I do not get any starter items neither at the beginning or after skipping tutorial and going back to the character's brother after speaking to Fadey.

All I receive is the charity from the Church which is worth 50K and I have to return 50K as well and I can only use the priest's cheats.

In addition to the above, community cheats are not working and I was really hopping for them to work.

I installed your mod on a clean install version (1.6.0) without any other mods. I also tried both 27 and 28 versions, normal and cheater.

Could you please help me out in this? and if you removed the community cheats, is it possible to provide me with an old mod file that has them?

Thank you in advance.

download the attachment..Add the characters folder to PROGRAM folder its the same place you added the cheat open NewStartKit_Cheater.ini with note pad..add line... characters\RPGUtilite.c..under dialogs\russian\Governor\Puancie.c..
open RPGUtilite.c look for... case "HeroType_1"...you will see all the number for special self skill and so forth change them to what you want..you will have to play around with it they are not in order like coas...before you change anything right click the rpg and send a back up to documents

Hi Nita,

I am trying to use cheat engine for increasing my money but I am facing several issues as shown below:

1- If I do First Scan, I do not find any Addresses as I would normally find with other games.

2- After I buy or sell something to change the value and I do Next Scan, I get nothing as well.

3- If I change the Value Type to All, and select Rounded (Default), I get some values but if I do the above step, nothing changes.

Could you please help me out in this? I have no idea why cheat engine is not working properly for me.

Thank you in advance.

i just made a new update to future proof mod for next dlc, so enjoy. cheater variant will come soon, or you can edit file yourself to change all defined dubloon prices to 1 instead of current prices

question: does my mod still work with latest dlc? if so, lemme know. if not, i cant do anything until english of dlc is out

I've got it, thanks. Can it do the same to the main character? I want to decrease or freeze my rank so I don't have too many pop up quest. I got 1 month to complete the pearl diving quest given by indian chief, False trace quest by an English pirate. I manage to complete pearl diving but fail the false trace quest because as I only have 6 days to complete it. But as I depart and wait near Saint Martin, no Purple ship come and after Januay 7 the quest failed. I even tried to sail to Cartagena to intercept it, but still no sight of the purple ship.

@Nelsonliang: did you find a way to decrease or freeze Charles' rank? I feel that I always level up so fast that I'm almost dreading going to port. I'm looking for some way to either decrease his rank, or temperary freeze it. So if you, or someone else, know of a way to do that I would be very grateful.

Back