• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

I had this issue before, it didn't really bother me though. Then, I installed patch 6 and now it's fine.
You said that you'd check if the original PotC has that issue. Does it?

What happened, is I decided to be stupid and uninstall the game and re install it.
modding.gif
That's when the water issue popped up.

Well I got new discs for the stock game and re installed it and build 14 Beta 1 and Patch 6 full. and the water problem is STILL present.
modding.gif

Either build 14 Beta 1 or Patch 6 must be corrupted or something.
dunno.gif

God I wish I hadn't uninstalled it in the first place.
urgh.gif

The bizarre thing is that you didn't have it before WITH Beta 1. Right??? :shock

Ok. Here's what I did originally: 1. I installed the stock game. 2. I installed Build 13 Final 3. I installed Build 14 Beta 1 4. I installed Patch 5 5. I installed some sewer fix file 6. I installed some max fix file 7. I installed the music packs 8. I installed the Christmas Ship pack 9. I installed ENS prelim 10. I installed ENS update 11. I installed patch 6 lite So then I had some brilliant idea relating to my SFX project to uninstall the game. So I did so. And this is what I did: 1. I installed the stock game. 2. I installed Build 14 Beta 1 3. I installed Patch 6 Full
Then the water was messed up and I tried all sorts of combinations with the downloads and nothing has worked. I even tried that ENB thing that Pieter suggested.
modding.gif

I'm sick of this. I guess I'll just play the game with the oil-slick water. It works fine except for that. I give up.
dunno.gif

Mayhaps A Drop O' Rum and Legendary_Spider should compare notes on computer specs and video settings.

I have had this since January 2010.

Weird. I had that last post, in a nice neat list, but it got all jumbled up when I hit reply.

Well here are my laptop's specs:

HP G62 Notebook PC
AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.20 GHz
3.00 GB of RAM
Windows 7 64-bit OS
300 GB Hard Drive.

And here's the graphics specs:

Graphics

Monitor

Name: Generic PnP Monitor on AMD M880g with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Current Resoultion: 1366x768 pixels
Work Resolution: 1366x728 pixels
State: enabled, primary
Monitor Width: 1366
Monitor Height: 768
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Device: \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0

AMD M880g with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Memory: 256 MB
Memory type: 2
Driver version: 8.712.1.3000

I guess this means I'm out of commission for taking anymore screen shots or movies though.
dunno.gif

Unless nobody minds the oil-slick looking water.
mybad.gif

Wait, did you try what you did originally; install stock, then Build 13, then Build 14 (with Patch 6 to speed things up)?
Installing Build 13 first might make a difference. :shrug

Wait, did you try what you did originally; install stock, then Build 13, then Build 14 (with Patch 6 to speed things up)?
Installing Build 13 first might make a difference. :shrug

No. I didn't try that. I guess I should. I think I saw the link for 13 is still on ModDB. I guess I'll give that a go.

Technically, it shouldn't matter either way. I wonder if somehow something in your hardware driver settings changed or something.
There's no reason for it to somehow, magically, get messed up.

Do you have access to another computer anywhere? Can you try to install there and see what you get for the water?
If it works there, take that whole folder and put it on your main computer.

But how come the water in the stock game looks fine? It's not until I install our stuff that it gets messed up.
dunno.gif

:modding

And still it doesn't make sense that it didn't have it before and does now. :facepalm

Do you think I should try Armada's build 13 idea or not even bother? I've tried just about everything else. The only thing I haven't tried is doing what I did originally, but I can't do that since Patch 5 isn't available for download anymore.
dunno.gif

Back