• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

You can try Build 13. It shouldn't make a difference and neither should the Patch 5 method though.
Did you try my "use another computer" idea?

There's my mom's laptop which doesn't have a disc drive and my dad's desktop which is my old computer. I'm not sure it's got high enough specs to run the game. Is there ANYWHERE I can get Patch 5 from?
Does it have anything to do with the fact that the stock game always wants to install Windows Media Player and directx 9?
dunno.gif

I always say "no" since I already have Windows Media Player 12 and DirectX 11 which are the most current versions.

I tried that ENB thing with no luck. All it did was put this weird glow around around everything. Should I try that Swiftshader thing?

If you really want to try Patch 5, not that it should make any difference, I still have the installer from when I first downloaded it.
I always keep everything I download for PotC in a back-up folder, in case of emergencies like this. ;)

I doubt very much that Windows Media Player will make a difference, but you could always try DX9 alongside DX11.
I think Hylie Pistoff said that actually improves performance! :blink:

Well, I still do have the Patch 5 installer; it's just not anywhere on the FTP or ModDB at the moment.

I never installed the game on this computer I use these days at all, so it doesn't require any of the "additional" stuff from the original CDs to be installed.

Well, I still do have the Patch 5 installer; it's just not anywhere on the FTP or ModDB at the moment.

If I gave you my email address, could you send it to me please? I'm desperate. lol I'd like to give it a go.
william.gif

I never installed the game on this computer I use these days at all, so it doesn't require any of the "additional" stuff from the original CDs to be installed.

Huh? How do you play the game then?

If I gave you my email address, could you send it to me please? I'm desperate. lol I'd like to give it a go.
william.gif
[/size][/font]
The file is 263 MB; that won't work through e-mail. I've just started re-uploading it to the FTP.

Huh? How do you play the game then?
Simple. I put the stock game's files on my external HD and now I never need to reinstall from the CDs again because I can just use that pre-installed folder. Works perfectly fine and a lot quicker. :cheeky

Simple. I put the stock game's files on my external HD and now I never need to reinstall from the CDs again because I can just use that pre-installed folder. Works perfectly fine and a lot quicker. :cheeky

Damn me! Why didn't I think to do that???
modding.gif

It's all Armada's fault. hahaha
thwalkplank.gif

It's not my fault Pieter often says things I forgot to mention beforehand. :rolleyes:
Besides, I'm too traumatised to think too much right now, after the maths exam I had this morning... it wasn't pretty. :blink:

I really don't think you'll need to be that precise replicating your previous installation to get a result.
Probably just installing Stock->Build13->Build14->Patch5->Patch6(Light) should be enough, as long as you check the water after each step. :?

Nah. I'm re-doing this exactly as I did it before. Which also means installing your old ENS packs, which I still have.
danse1.gif

Boy, if this doesn't work, I'm gonna scream. haha
urgh.gif

Thanks everyone for your help in this. Ok. fingers crossed. Lemme try this out and see what happens.
william.gif

Interesting. I uninstalled the game, but I found the whole game folder still remaining in 2 places. C:/ Games and C:/ Programs Files (x86)

Do you think this might have had anything to do with the problem?
dunno.gif

Anyways, I'm continuing with my re-installation.

I doubt that would have affected the water problem, but you never know.
Either way, you should certainly remove the Program Files version, just in case.

Back