• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

What OS are you running. If it's Vista or 7, it might have something to do with it, since there was something on the forums about NOT TO INSTALL the game in default c:/program files... something folder, because it would not install properly or something.

Also did you tinker display options via config shield? might have something to do with post processing. I don't know
dunno.gif
just throwing ideas

What OS are you running. If it's Vista or 7, it might have something to do with it, since there was something on the forums about NOT TO INSTALL the game in default c:/program files... something folder, because it would not install properly or something.

Also did you tinker display options via config shield? might have something to do with post processing. I don't know
dunno.gif
just throwing ideas

Vista? Ewwww sin! haha
modding.gif

I'm running Windows 7 and my specs are on one of the earlier posts of this thread. I'm well aware not to install it in C:/Program Files (x86).
me.gif

Nope. I haven't tinkered with any of the display options in the PotC config.

Ok I have installed the stock game and the water is just fine.
william.gif

Now I'm gonna make a copy like Pieter suggested and stick that on my flash drive.
danse1.gif

Ok I guess next I will install Build 13.

LOL. When I bought this puter in 2007 it had XP Pro installed but also came with a Vista Business disk. Nothing but problems. So in went Vista. Outside of being a resource hog it worked well. I later bought Win7 64 because I wanted a 64 bit OS so I could install more ram because new programs want it. Now I no longer bother with the new stuff. AFAIK, Win7 is a cleaned up and streamlined version of Vista.

Ok so far so good!
me.gif
I have installed Build 13 and the water looks fine so far.

Wow. The game has come a long way since Build 13. haha
w00t.gif

Now I will install Build 14 Beta 1
william.gif

hi.gif
Good news! Build 14 Beta 1's water is just fine too!
w00t.gif

Now I'm wondering if those multiple files left on my laptop after I had uninstalled the game, were in fact the culprit of this whole mess. I noticed this time around installing Build 14 Beta 1 took much longer than it did on previous attempts. Perhaps the leftover files had been conflicting with one another. Idk All I know is after I deleted those, everything started working.
william.gif

I think I might be brave enough to just skip all what I was gonna do and go ahead and just install Patch 6 full. Fingers crossed!
type_1.gif

HUZZAH!!!
piratesing.gif

It works! I think my theory about those files being the problem turned out to be true.

Perhaps my solution will work for other people having this same problem. I'm smart.
pirate_plain.gif

Drinks all around!
par-ty.gif
Pssst . . . . we'll just put it on Armada's tab. haha
slap.gif

You got it working properly with Beta 1 Patch 6 as well? Congratulations!
What left-over files are those?

Great to hear you've got it all working again! That's one less problem to worry about. :dance

Drinks all around!
par-ty.gif
Pssst . . . . we'll just put it on Armada's tab. haha
slap.gif
Hmm, where'd I put my... Aha! Legendary_Spider, would you mind stepping over there for a sec?
A little further... stop! That's fine. Hey, look over there, a mermaid...! :walkplank

You got it working properly with Beta 1 Patch 6 as well? Congratulations!
What left-over files are those?

When I clicked on "Uninstall PotC", it left most if not all of the game folder right where I had installed it. It's like if you wanna truly get rid of it, you have to manually delete it yourself.
dunno.gif

Hmm, where'd I put my... Aha! Legendary_Spider, would you mind stepping over there for a sec?
A little further... stop! That's fine. Hey, look over there, a mermaid...! :walkplank

I'll have it known that Legendary_Spider kissed himself a proper mermaid!
icon_mrgreen1.gif
haha

(crickets)
pirate-ayant-soif.gif

Probably the uninstaller file doesn't remove any files added in the modpack. I never use it; I just delete the whole folder manually. :shrug

I can confirm that this does work. :warr

I did it differently. I already had a working Build 13 install, so I copied it and then added Build 14 beta 1. The water was good. Then added patch 6. The water is still good. I only played for a couple of hours, then did some house cleaning. No need for 7 POTC installs. Deleted some and then defragged. All night......

I have always started with a clean original POTC before and then added Build 14 beta 1.

Which mermaid? This one?

Ack! Too big so got resized...

You should have seen the one that got away! :woot

Anyway, what's this? And how can I get rid of it?

Back