• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

Yep indeed it is, I actually normally make sure it is day time when I come to an island :yes

Oh come on, where's your sense of adventure? haha
razz.gif

I normally don't worry about the wharf rat, but many of the others are day light only critters.

Anyway, something else new. The French merchants both in their shops and on the street have started speaking Russian! :8q Napoleon hasn't invaded Russia yet either. Hmmph, he isn't even a gleam in his daddy's eyes yet.

Anyway, something else new. The French merchants both in their shops and on the street have started speaking Russian! :8q Napoleon hasn't invaded Russia yet either. Hmmph, he isn't even a gleam in his daddy's eyes yet.

Sounds ( no pun intended ) like something has gone wrong with your installation.

Methinks this comes from having this gender blender of an installation. :wp

Anyhoo, I just went into RESOURCE > SOUNDS > INTERFACE and renamed the RUSSIAN folder. Then also renamed the TREP folder. Then played the game. The first thing I noticed is that the B14 sky is back! :mi Now to sneak into a French town......

The French merchants both in their shops and on the street have started speaking Russian! :8q Napoleon hasn't invaded Russia yet either.
Oh no. An alternate history has begun! :blink: Quick, someone check a French history book...

Methinks this comes from having this gender blender of an installation. :wp

Anyhoo, I just went into RESOURCE > SOUNDS > INTERFACE and renamed the RUSSIAN folder. Then also renamed the TREP folder. Then played the game. The first thing I noticed is that the B14 sky is back! :mi Now to sneak into a French town......

Renamed them what?

Rename them anything. I added on "no good". Just changing the name should make them unfindable by the program.

Upon further review, it looks like I still have B13 sky. :j3 And those French merchants at St. Pierre are still talking Russian. :rumgone

What happens if you just delete the Russian folder?
dunno.gif

Still not sure if I have the 13 sky or 14 sky yet. But if I do have the sky, any thought on how to fix that one?

No ideer. I'm kinda waiting for someone who was involved in this stuff to get an idea. In the meantime I have compared files between 2 different installs and they look the same. But I might be looking in the wrong place.

Yeah, right now the only thing that is bothering me is that I have yet to see the really pretty sky that looks so good in screenies, and those French merchants. Overall methinks I'm getting better FPS now too. :woot

Build 14 Beta 1, when correctly installed, doesn't have any RUSSIAN folders.
You can safely remove all folders with that name and also any files with "russian" in their filename.

I haven't found them all. I still get the Russian loading screens. And the French still kick me out of their shops while shouting Russian at me. :slap

Back