• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

I can confirm that this does work. :warr

I did it differently. I already had a working Build 13 install, so I copied it and then added Build 14 beta 1. The water was good. Then added patch 6. The water is still good. I only played for a couple of hours, then did some house cleaning. No need for 7 POTC installs. Deleted some and then defragged. All night......

I have always started with a clean original POTC before and then added Build 14 beta 1.

I didn't do 7 POTC installs. After cleaning out those files I talked about earlier, I installed the stock game, Build 13, Build 14 Beta 1, and then Patch 6 full.
danse1.gif

You should have seen the one that got away! :woot

Anyway, what's this? And how can I get rid of it?

That's the loading screen when you start the game. That's normal. I have no idea what language it is or who's idea it was to do that, but it's normal.
me.gif

Hmmm That mermaid's a bit old for me. haha
razz.gif
I'd rather run off with Kiera Knightley.
icon_mrgreen1.gif

i used to have that odd loading screen for while. now i don't. i'm not sure when it buggered off, actually.

Yes. It's the Russian loading screen from B13. It should be showing the ships at sea loading screen. Where are they located at so I can delete them? :walkplank

Oh I hate the ships at sea loading screen! It looks like a storm and makes me nervous! I remember about my first days with the build mod when every storm I thought i'm gonna die!

You shouldn't be seeing that Russian loading screens if things installed properly. :wacko:

It looks like things got a bit jumbled up. I'm not sure, but it looks kinda like the B13 sky gets used sometimes too. Also, sometimes the lagoon mod works and green water is seen.

I've never encountered any Russian loading screens before, or any Build 13 skies in Build 14, for that matter.
However, perhaps installing B14 over B13 somehow causes this weirdness. :?
I installed B14 straight onto the stock game, which could be why I've not seen any problems like this.

I have the Russian loading screen. No clue if I have the 13 sky or not. I guess I should uninstall AGAIN and just install Build 14 over the stock game. I shouldn't have any more issues with the water, now that I know how to delete the files properly.
keith.gif

If I get hit with the water problem after I do this, I'm tossing Armada in the brig.
thwalkplank.gif
hahaha

You might want to keep your current install's folder and do your reinstall elsewhere.

When you go into the Options>Interface change interface, can you press the "Languages" button?
With a fully clean install, you shouldn't be able to...

You might want to keep your current install's folder and do your reinstall elsewhere.

When you go into the Options>Interface change interface, can you press the "Languages" button?
With a fully clean install, you shouldn't be able to...

Yeeeaaahhhhhh . . . . I um . . . kinda forgot to . . . . and um . . . now I have the water problem again.
modding.gif
Goddammit.

I tired installing the stock game, then Build 14 and Patch 6, but the water was messed up. So Imma try once more and if that doesn't work, I will put build 13 on first.
dunno.gif

After I throw Armada in the brig . . . haha
thwalkplank.gif

After I throw Armada in the brig . . . haha
thwalkplank.gif
Hey, I never told you to reinstall again, so anything that goes wrong now is your own fault! :razz
Oh, and if you don't let me out o' this rat infested prison, then I guess I can't carry on with my work... and whose fault would that be...?

Ok my last attempt at installing Build 14 directly onto the stock game has failed.
mybad.gif

So I will now install build 13, then 14, then Patch 6. I have no idea why Build 13 is a "requirement" for me, but it seems to be.
dunno.gif

So once I do that, is there any way to get rid of the Russian loading screen? And how do I tell if I have the 13 sky or the 14 sky?

The files for the new loading screen must be around somewhere, but we'll probably have to investigate what else is different first.
For the skies, try comparing any recent screenshots to your game, and you might be able to spot any differences.

Yep. Like last time, 14 on top of 13 fixed the problem.
dunno.gif
Weird.

I guess I can let poor Armada out of the brig now. haha
slap.gif

In options>interface change the language button is greyed out in my install. Both of them. I'm down to one B14 install and one B13/14 hermaphrodite install.

About the sky, once in a while, mainly at night, I have noticed that the sky looks grainy and lorez. So far the weather has been dark, foggy, and rainy. Last night I did get blue sky and the lagoon mod works well.

The only difference in game play so far is that I went to Nevis looking for the Mefisto. You have to talk to a wharf rat and in 2 tries he was not there. Will try again later.

Back