• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

I deleted a few, but I guess I didn't get them all because I still have the Russian loading screen. Where are they all located?

Well that revealed one Russian folder I missed, but my loading screen is STILL in Russian.
mybad.gif

Isn't the russian text textured on that loading screen? You could swap names for the english and russian for that. As for russian speaking folk, it could be something in INI folder

The Russian loading screens (there are two of them) are probably buried somewhere, and possibly misnamed. Where are the loading screens located?

I found the Russian sounds. They are in POTC > RESOURCE > SOUNDS > VOICE > ENGLISH.

They are: Fre_ma_a_020,021,022,023,024,042.wav. and Por_ma_a038,042.wav.

Location screens are located at: RESOURCE/Textures/Loading/English ;)

I dont have files in my game by those names mine have another couple of underscores... for example Fre_m_a_021

Found em!

They are in POTC > RESORCE > TEXTURES > LOADING I replaced all of them with the ones from a straight B14 install and all is well.

Since most people only have one POTC install I zipped them up. Arg! It's too big. I need to delete at least 4mb of other stuff first.:facepalm

Captain Maggee: I just replaced the free floating loading screens from outside of the ENGLISH folder and things are back to normal.

edit again.....Oops. I left one out. They look like yours do.

If you mean the new FTP, the link is here. If it's the old one... well, I think the new one replaced the link. :modding

Yeah, it's the old one. I've tried twice to get the new one but nothing I did had any effect at all.

I have done that many times. The version I can access with FTP Commander has my folder in it. The other one accessed with that link does not. Nothing I do has any affect at all.

On topic, how does one reduce the fog? There is way too much to suit me.

The fog would be somewhere in PROGRAM\Weather\Init I think.

If you use the new login details, your folder indeed wouldn't be there because your files are not on the new FTP.
However, if you make your folder there again and put your stuff in there, you'll be able to link to the files with an HTTP link.

I could not access the new ftp at all until IRF got me going. :bow I have a folder there now. Here is a link to the B14 loading screens. http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Hylie%20Pistoff/B14%20loading%20screens/

I went back to a straight Build 14 install last night, and the fractals/ graphic anomalies were much heavier than in the hybrid B13/B14 install. It is hard to notice something by its absence.

I went back to a straight Build 14 install last night, and the fractals/ graphic anomalies were much heavier than in the hybrid B13/B14 install. It is hard to notice something by its absence.

It shouldn't be doing that. Why does a straight 14 install have those issues? What is it about doing 13 first that fixes it?
dunno.gif

I don't know. :shrug The B14 install is old. It dates from last January or February. That is ancient for me. It has lost many games but the install keeps going. It plays as well as any other of the dozen or more B14 installs I've done.

The hybrids are different from each other in that for one I copied my old B13 install and then put B14 on top of it. The other is a clean install going the POTC original > B13 > B14 route. They play the same. Compared to the straight B14 install they have the B13 water, better fps, and less graphic anomalies. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe someone else can try it and confirm or deny my opinion. :cheers

Really you should do a WinMerge compare between your various game versions so you can see what's different.
Unless I'm very much mistaken, there shouldn't be much different at all.

Back