• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Windows 7 HELP

JackSwarrow

Sailor Apprentice
Guys i installed the game on My windows 7 machine. Ever time i select new game it crashes (sea.dll) My lappy has an Intel HD 4000 processor graphics and a Nvidia Geforce GT630M 2GB. I think the game is using the intel card so how do i switch it?

Glad you got it working mate, Intel graphics chipsets do not do well with many games, and are really bad with the Storm engine games in particular. If you know exactly what you did to get the game working, perhaps you could post it here mate, others may be having the same issue.

1. Ive disabled compatibility and set everthing on Nvidia in the control panel. When i noticed that the game was working ive installed the build 14 beta 2.2 but its very unstable, keeps crashing how can i improve stability (compatibility mode prevents me from using the nVidia card so that option is useless)?

Hmm. This could take some time to track down. You should not need to use compatibility mode. I don't on a win7 desktop. Where does it usually CTD? Do you have error logging enabled? If not read the FAQ. Also, where is POTC installed? And do you know what DEP is?
Others with similar laptops have got it working well. You are already past the worst part.

Usally when loading saves and when i tried out jack's story at the begin it sometimes crashed during loading. I dont know what DEP is (ive read it somewhere tough) ive installed it outside the programe files on my D partition (D:\Programs\Bathesda\Pirates of the caribbean
Note that ive spelled the path names wrong since im not on my laptop right now.

EDIT: I know this is off-topic but i dont wanna start a new thread: I am currently doeing nathan hawk's story and im at the point where you need deliver the chest to the tavern of prot royale. Barbossa showed up and stole the chest and a min lator i get arested for no reason. I managed to convince a person there to free me but the guards are dificult. I can probaly win a 1v1 but when i attack one his buddy helps too making it 2vs1.
Can somebody help me escape port royale jail?

Ok, let's try DEP. That is Data Execution Prevention.

Right click on your desktop "computer" icon--->select "properties"--->on the left select "system protection"--->"advanced"--->"performance"--->"data execution prevention".
Which button is clicked? If the top one is clicked you might be ok. I have the bottom one clicked and have added "engine.exe" to the list. That is in your POTC folder.

Also, do you play with your laptop plugged into a power source? It might not be delivering enough power to the Nvidia video card now.

I cant try it right, I have to do it tommorow (different timezone). And im pretty sure my lappy's GPU has enough power on battery mode since its runs it very smooth. Anyway can you please also answer my story question (in my previeus post)?

About your question about the storyline, sorry you have to defeat all the gaurds before proceeding, and you were arrested
because Danielle Greene is a criminal, and since you are seen with her you too are considered a criminal. For the guards try defeating one and use the left and right keys ( A and D) to move between walls so you cannot be hit anymore, use a potion or any type of healing item, reload your guns and kill the other, hope this helps.

I tried that but when i attack one guard his buddy's join him and flank me + they do real heavy damage
I wonder if i move out of the wall and then closley approch a guard while im out of the map can they still hit me with thar guns/swords?

There is a set amount of time that you have to survive before the next part begins. All you have to do is kill the first guard and then just stay alive. Do you have things like the poisoned throwing knife, ether bottle, cobblestones, or grenades?

Hmm too bad you have gotten this far, or I could have given you a cheat in the files that makes you invulnerable to any attacks
by putting LAi_SetImmortal(ch, true); under: makeref(ch,Characters[0]); //Blaze Devlin it makes you invincible from any attacks. I got this cheat from CheatChannel.com/files/piratesc.htm if you want to look more into it.
Edit: If windows wont let you open the Characters_init-Copy.c file I attached , use notepad to open it.

Attachments

• characters_init - Copy.c
    13.6 KB · Views: 165
Well i dont wanna start over again but is there not some cheatmode you can enable so you can temp. make yourself invulnerable? Ive looked at DEP and the bottem one was checked, ive added POTC to its exception list

EDIT: After setting up DEP POTC wont run anymore (abnormal program termination) Gonna change DEP settings to see if it helps

EDIT: the game was not working because i tried to mod the game. and ive escaped jail.

Yeah the game is stable now too! got one last story question though. i entered the oxbay dungeon and from there i entered some kind of cript full of people that turn into skeletons when they die. How do i get out? I went through the entrace but it did not bring me back to the dungeon making me basicly stranded in there. The game keeps putting me in combat mode (since there are enemies walking around) so i cant use quick travel!

Ah! That sounds like the Maltese Abbey. :pirates Do you have any maps? The Maltese Abbey uses the same map as the dungeon of Port Royal (Redmond). What you need to find is a big central staircase. Climb that to exit.

Where is the biggest church on Barbados?

Bridgetown - the church with all the wooden scaffolding arround it. - It has an entrance to the Maltese Abbey. So if you can get through the Maltese Abbey/crypt you cna travel between Speightstown and Bridgetown underground.

:doff

Ok. I will try soon the enemies are easy so i should be able to find a way out. I also found at what was in the chest i needed to deliver. I will kick barbossa's ass later :)

Back