• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP 32 gun frigate USS Essex, 1799

Is it really that bad at the moment? It would be nice to include her whether you can fix the ropes or not.

When I looked at her quickly, I didn't see the ropes being horrid? I see no problem with including her; we can include the improved version later on.

the problem is that the ropes that are attached to the bottom of the sails (Forget what they are called) do not raise with the sails. Hylie told me how to fix this, but the first attempt ended with sails placed diagonally, so we shall see what I can do:p the ones for the bowsprit are easy enough to fix, but the sails furl the wrong way, so they raise halfway up the standing rigging on the bowsprit with the sails, which looks very strange.

By the sound of things, the solution is to add those rope ends to the same locator group as the sails (making sure that they are placed on the same yard model as the sail they should furl with).

that is what I was trying to do, but it didn't exactlly go wrong in the same way as the postillien. it was more like one side of the sail was attached to one yard, and the other to the yard above. hopefully I don't replicate it in my second attempt:p

POTC is really touchy about how the sail locators are named and is easily confused. I like to use a 3 digit numbering system with everything attached to the bowsprit starting with 1, mast2 stuff starts with 2, mast3 is 3, etc. Otherwise you can end up with some really strange stuff.
Shade.jpg

That's great, thanks for porting the model, Craiggo! :doff

On a related note, would you be interested in porting my new frigate Rossiya to CoAS? I know Luke wants her in GOF 2 eventually, and the model can replace all of the stock PotC frigates.

Sooo, guess which rigging fixes werent included in the update? :rolleyes: working on a new US paintscheme at the moment, should have some pics soon

Edit: also, it seems my US_Windowtrim texture was also removed, which is needed for the essex and PDN and volage...

how does this look? I'm torn about the interior of the gunports being white. I think it looks cool in a way, and could certainly be realistic if the interior was white like on the constitution. and it provides relief from pure black arond the gunports. but some might think it looks a bit odd. anyway, here are the pics:
US_Essex1.jpg
US_Essex2.jpg

It's hard to tell with my phone's resolution right now... I did notice that the foot of the mains'l looks oddly high up.

Sooo, guess which rigging fixes werent included in the update? :rolleyes: working on a new US paintscheme at the moment, should have some pics soon

Edit: also, it seems my US_Windowtrim texture was also removed, which is needed for the essex and PDN and volage...
It seems that's not the only thing that was left out, unfortunately. :facepalm
I've made a note of it in this thread: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/files-for-next-release.19913/
If anyone else finds any missing files, please let me know so we can include them in a mini-patch some time soon.

I'm not sure what to think of that paint scheme. Maybe it's because I'm not used to seeing a dark stripe covering the gunports, as opposed to bare wood or a lighter stripe. :shrug

Ah OK. If it's realistic, I'm not complaining. :onya

By the way, where did you have the US_Windowtrim texture uploaded?

Thanks for the link. :onya

The US_Frigate is meant to be replaced by one of your ships; whichever is closest in size and gun capacity. Same goes for US_Lydia and RN_Frigate.
We can make the change in the mini-patch by removing those ships' entries in Ships_init.c for now. The next full mod version would remove the models completely.

Back