• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP 32 gun frigate USS Essex, 1799

Thanks a bunch Hylie! I'll download the tool and gmviewer as soon as i can and fix that. :onya Otherwise all that is needed is a walk file, which i know might be alot to ask, considering how few people can make them and how busy those people are. Thanks for considering it after you wrap up current projects though.:)

Supposedly walk files can be created in TOOL, but I have never been able to figure out how it works. :read:pirate07:

Supposedly walk files can be created in TOOL, but I have never been able to figure out how it works. :read:pirate07:
True, I forgot about that. I've never really looked into it myself, but it might prove to be a good alternative to the Sailor Tool.
Have a look in the Help file (in the TOOL folder) for more information, under the 'Ship Import' section. Looks like it's explained fairly well, but in practice it might take some getting used to.

Amazing stuff, would love to see this in-game with the proper path files. I'd offer to do it but I have no idea how!

I have not tried it yet, but from comments it is easy enough to do but tedious. Read the tutorial and see what you think.
And btw, :ahoy matey!

Ahoy there Colosseum! thanks for offering, I probably wont have time for awhile, so feel free to give it a go! Hopefully she can get into the next update. :)

I tried the Essex tonight, and it's an amazing ship -- only problem is that the anchors, masts, and sails have no textures! I've placed all the .tga.tx files into the RESOURCE/textures/ships folder, but I have a feeling I am missing a file which you may have used on a previous ship. Any ideas?

Also, I'm really sorry but I'm WAY too busy with my job to give the paths thing a go... I barely have time to even play the game anymore! :(

Hmm, seems the textures above fixed the problems with the masts (I was incorrect about the sails not having textures). However, the nice details around the stern windows remain untextured, and the area just forward of the anchors and just aft of the figurehead (what is that called?) also remains untextured. I'm sure it's just a problem in that I don't have some textures that you have used on other ships.

But it is looking nicer and nicer and I really enjoy this ship!

Headrails! Derp.

As far as I know, I have the latest build... the one available on ModDB I assume? Either way THANKS for posting that texture, I will test as soon as I get home from work.

Your hard work is much appreciated! These new ships are amazing compared to the stock POTC ships I played with back in 2003!!

it should be in beta 2.2, because I used it on the Prince de Neufchatel. Glad that you appreciate my work! :) With this crew of modelers we have, we can do so much better than the stock ships, hopefully i can make mine even better for Hearts if Oak: Conquest of the Seas

Can we change the texturing on this ship to black-and-white to fit in with the other US ships?

Sigh... I suppose. Even though the essex herself was commonly painted in these colors, even during the war of 1812, it would seem. but i suppose it would fit in with the standardization. If someone is going to do that, maybe we can keep the current scheme as a British version?

Great! I'll try to make French/Spanish and Dutch/Portuguese versions too by the end of the month when I have access to my computer. Mainly because we don't have another napoleonic 32 gun frigate and the Essex has an ambiguous enough hull form to be used by all nations.

Great! I'll try to make French/Spanish and Dutch/Portuguese versions too by the end of the month when I have access to my computer. Mainly because we don't have another napoleonic 32 gun frigate and the Essex has an ambiguous enough hull form to be used by all nations.

Don't be afraid to get creative. The last time we used a substandard scheme, It turned out really well.

Back