• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10 Work In Progress

There's a good chance that if you don't actually sail to an island yourself,
that the worldmap position is not properly updated.
It would be great if the worldmap position would be set correctly each time you'd go from land to sea.
But I don't know how that should be done. :facepalm
HMMM! Well it always used to work!
If that is the case then Hornblower will have to be re-written!!
There are several cases of quest relocation. I noticed yesterday that on "Attacking the Fort" (in Mutiny) for instance, I could get there O.K., carry ot the quest, but on going to sea or MAP afterwards, I could not get back to Jamaica! I encountered the problems mentioned in my previous post.

Quest reloads shouldn't mess it up, I think; only quest reloads to another island.
There was some worldmap code changed in the Alpha 10 WIP file; I'll see if I can restore that to what it was. :facepalm
Stupid thing is... it looks like the worldmap code changes were made to PREVENT stuff like this happening. :modding

Quest reloads shouldn't mess it up, I think; only quest reloads to another island.
In "Mutiny" the first part of the quest is from Bridgetown to a Quest Deck. - When that part is complete, then a Quest Relocation to Cuba takes place.
There was some worldmap code changed in the Alpha 10 WIP file; I'll see if I can restore that to what it was. :facepalm
Stupid thing is... it looks like the worldmap code changes were made to PREVENT stuff like this happening. :modding
Thanks :onya At least we will be able to see if it helps with my current issues.

I just notice this code in locations_loader.c:
Code:
		// Screwface : save the sea pos of player ship to avoid be reload nowhere when we go on worldmap just after sea loading
if(rcharacter.index == GetMainCharacterIndex() && !CheckAttribute(rCharacter,"Ship.Pos.save"))
{
rCharacter.Ship.Pos.save.x = rCharacter.Ship.Pos.x;
rCharacter.Ship.Pos.save.z = rCharacter.Ship.Pos.z;
}
// Screwface :end
I wonder if that might have anything to do with it?
If not, I'm going to ask Screwface for help anyway. I can't really seem to figure it out on my own. :modding

I just notice this code in locations_loader.c:
Code:
		// Screwface : save the sea pos of player ship to avoid be reload nowhere when we go on worldmap just after sea loading
if(rcharacter.index == GetMainCharacterIndex() && !CheckAttribute(rCharacter,"Ship.Pos.save"))
{
rCharacter.Ship.Pos.save.x = rCharacter.Ship.Pos.x;
rCharacter.Ship.Pos.save.z = rCharacter.Ship.Pos.z;
}
// Screwface :end
I wonder if that might have anything to do with it?
If not, I'm going to ask Screwface for help anyway. I can't really seem to figure it out on my own. :modding
I'm certainly not into that coding - my only thought is why always Barbados?
Certainly in Hornblower, THAT island isn't called till much later in the game.

Why always Barbados? All I can come up with is that it's the place where the standard storyline starts.
And there's probably some code somewhere to set the default worldmap ship position there. :facepalm

Jack Sparrow, Hornblower and a big part of the standard storyline are already on the Wiki,
courtesy of Talisman and Short Jack Gold.

The file has been updated again with all the latest fixes and content.
This should hopefully be very close to the final Build 14 Alpha 10.
Additionally, this version includes SuperDurnius' new weapons for you to play with. :doff

Refer to this post for an additional shipberthing fix that isn't yet included:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14775-ship-berthing-problem/page__view__findpost__p__346745

Also, it would be great if someone could write up some articles or make some screenshots of recently added content.
It'd be cool to be able to post something on the ModDB to generate interest in the imminent Alpha 10 release. :woot

Ahoy Pieter,

Any chance the new fixes include the problems we were dealing with on the Hornblower quest and the world map?

It seemed that the problem was that the worldmap position wasn't always properly updated.
Screwface added some code that would update the worldmap position on each reload from shore to sea.
Short Jack Gold had a play with teh fix and it seems to be good.
It is indeed included in the latest update. :yes

I'll give it s shot today.

Sorry to report after pellew'w speech when you go to sea you are not at Charleston. You about half way between Jamica and Curacao. If you sail to Martinique, no Volcano, if you sail back to Charleston, and go voer from there, still no Volcano.

Did see a nice double rainbow though. :shrug

Thanks very much! I'd very much like to know if there's any serious errors left in this game version. :yes

Well I am eagar to play it through, but the game won't advance if I can't get the Volcano.

Well I am eagar to play it through, but the game won't advance if I can't get the Volcano.
That obviously isn't correct - it worked for me though.
A crazy suggestion, when that happens again, go and find a storm and sit in it.
Sounds nuts, but it did resolve the position issue for me before the fix.

In the meantime, I will play that section again to see if the fix still works for me.

Sorry to report after pellew'w speech when you go to sea you are not at Charleston. You about half way between Jamica and Curacao. If you sail to Martinique, no Volcano, if you sail back to Charleston, and go voer from there, still no Volcano.
All I can think of is that this happens because of the quest reload to sea.
I'm thinking maybe SJG should make it a manual reload instead and you can go to worldmap from Nevis yourself.
Still, that is a different problem than the Volcano not appearing. :facepalm

All I can think of is that this happens because of the quest reload to sea.
I'm thinking maybe SJG should make it a manual reload instead and you can go to worldmap from Nevis yourself.
Still, that is a different problem than the Volcano not appearing. :facepalm
Retried it and got the same problem as Jason.
Obviously, I am looking at it all now.

I have a BIG, BIG problem....
I have installed Alpha 10 WIP on top of patch 4
And i started the hornblower quest, got until the lieutenants exams, but when I enter the academy,
(after chadd tells me to go upstairs) and foster talks to me, says "Well if it isn't Pellew's young upstart"
then chadd appears at the door, but he doesn't approach me, but neither can I speak to him.
What's going on????

Back