• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

It's also fine if you play through a bit and just report if you notice anything that seems wrong.

Don't worry, was just a joke. ;) I like testing, especially when there's much to do and I assure you that I'm not serious, when I say something like this. But apparently it sounded rather mean instead. :( Sorry.

Oh. What do you need to know about the Coast Guard?

When I get away without confronting the soldiers the ships rarely fire on me and I can get away cleanly. That is especially important when I am in a yacht and the Coast Guard ship is packing 40 guns. I see 1-4 ships and have had no CTDs or other oddities. Now that I think about it, it is only the Spanish ships that fire on me because they already don't like me. One time I had 6 of them chasing me.

One thing. When you bribe the Governor to forgive you, you have to leave the island area and then come back because it seems to take some time before the Coast Guard gets the word that you are no longer an enemy and they will continue to attack you.

Are you saying the coastguard ships tend to NOT attack you? That's not right.
Note that the REAL coastguard ships are the ones that are generated right next to you when you leave the smuggling shore.
Any other ships of that nationality are just random ships, even if they are navy ships.

Ships that already remembered you as being hostile will remain hostile to you for a while longer.
That is related to the fake flag recognizing code.

I said that if I do not fight the soldiers on land the Coast Guard ships will not fire on me. If I do fight the soldiers and somehow manage to survive, then the Coast Guard ships WILL fire on me. This seems reasonable to me as how would the ships know to be hostile to me if the soldiers don't tell them? And if I'm not there to talk to the soldiers................

Interesting. So how exactly are you avoiding that fight? As far as I understand the intention, the officer should ALWAYS talk to you before you leave.
But I do think you can get away before. But that's not intentional. :confused:

New Update
Opening post updated with WIP 12 now, which is probably going to be the last fairly stable version for a while.
For the next releases, I intend to base things on Pirate_KK's files. So be sure to hold onto this one. ;)

There are a few small fixes included, but isn't much different from the previous version.

Just got done playing a little bit of WIP12 and it seems every nation so far is having trouble finding ships and is reverting to the default ships.

Ayup something is wrong. The shipyard at Philipsburg has no ships.

Just DLed WIP13.

Pieter, I feel you should take away my title of storm modder, more stuff has come up and I will be on nowhere near enough to help, I severely apologize and feel terrible, but life is anchoring me right now with college stuff a little sooner than I thought it would, sorry, but personal priorities need to come first, and I honestly feel like I don't deserve a storm modder title.

Pieter, I feel you should take away my title of storm modder, more stuff has come up and I will be on nowhere near enough to help, I severely apologize and feel terrible, but life is anchoring me right now with college stuff a little sooner than I thought it would, sorry, but personal priorities need to come first, and I honestly feel like I don't deserve a storm modder title.
No worries, you HAVE done stuff before, so I'm not taking it away. ;)

Just got done playing a little bit of WIP12 and it seems every nation so far is having trouble finding ships and is reverting to the default ships.
Ayup something is wrong. The shipyard at Philipsburg has no ships.
Really? Any error logs? Let me check. :facepalm
Edit: Nope, cannot confirm. Maybe I made another mistake somewhere though. I'll re-upload including ALL code files.

After Installing This I Get A Runtime Error.
program C:\Games\engine.exe
abnormal program termination

Got a phone call from that lawyer two hours ago and went to the grocery afterwards, to get me some yum green apples and other yummy stuff. Makes testing much more fun than it already is, so... this is going to be a veeeery fun day today! :yes

Found this so far, but it's from yesterday's version:
wat.jpg
Is it already re-uploaded?

I just replaced the file. New one contains ALL my code files, so it *should* work.

Found this so far, but it's from yesterday's version:
View attachment 11462
Is it already re-uploaded?
That's a confirmed problem. The Buccaneers' Camp was missing from common.ini .
Extract to RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH to fix.

(Note: This is for WIP 12, DON'T use it on WIP 13. :razz )

Edit: Confirmed working. I suppose this happens because the Buccaneers Camp didn't show before at all.

Attachments

• common.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 96
Back