• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

ahoy !

i dont get it, b14_beta3_full.7z cant be downloaded on my computer, it always download "b14_beta3_full.7z" containing "0 Kb" :modding

when i try to open with 7zip it says that 7zip cant open this kind of file... what the hell ? o_O

from where are you downloading it?

i tested moddb "member" links and also mirrors from description, some links are broken, and some other seems working, but when it works it instantly finnishes

Thats what she said ...

What browser are you using?

ok the computer of my mother seems downloading successfully, i bet the problem comes from my computer, perhaps the lastest version of winrar / 7zip cant handle the links :(

anyway i DL from the other computer :/

EDIT: tested from IE , chrome and mozilla

EDIT2: also i gave the link to much french mates, and it works for them too, so i bet its only my computer

Might be your anti virus anti spyware protection which blocks it.

already authorized everything, seems more how the file is handled on the computer

when its done, i will see if i can extract on my computer (2h30min more to wait)

I just DLed and installed beta 3 from the links on MODDB. Seems to be fine.

2 1/2 more hours to wait? It took me 14 minutes.

im seeing that the links just work fine, but it seems my computer has trouble to understand what is the file, i dont know where is the problem but im sure its from the computer and from winrar or 7zip or both which can have some trouble with the browser...

no clue at the moment, i just wonder when download from the other computer is done i wont have problems

EDIT: 14 minutes a thing which is more than 2 Gb ? grats ! paid for 2 Mb/sec but never had more than 700 Kb/sec (as usual connection politic...)

You don't need any special programs anyway. Once the file is downloaded, it should be a bit over 2 GB.
Then all you need is the installer EXE. As I understand it, the downloaded file ends up being 0 kB instead?!?

well with my computer, when i click a "working link" i instantly get the file but empty o_O happens only for "b14_beta3_full.7z"

its doing that issue with chrome/firefox/ie only on my computer

with my mother computer, its currently downloading, done in around 30 min

probally has something to do with the default program settings or the smb settings. If its working for you already trough this way then its okay.

Beta 3 Part1 is the installer with some updates.

Beta 3 Full Part 2 is the main files for the mod.

Put them both in a folder somewhere where windoze security will not mess with them, like your Downloads.

Install a clean POTC.

Click on the part 1 exe and point it at your POTC install and let it run.

also whats the difference between:

=> "b14_beta3_installer.4.exe" (4 MB) from MODDB (part 1) http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/build-14-beta-3-installer

=> and "b14_beta3_installer.exe" (14 MB) from MODDB (part 2 "installation wizard" in description) http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/build-14-beta-3-full

i dont get it much because the size is quite confusing

?
The difference is that the 14 GB mirror links were updated on 29 Oct as per this post: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-80#post-465500
I didn't submit that to the ModDB yet, because I haven't had that much feedback on it yet plus I don't really have much time any-more and just "throwing it on the FTP" was quick. :facepalm

Could you maybe update the first post so the links are working again in there?

thanks for the explanation, so i can explain fully to my mates ;)

i always do tutorials for the french community to handle installation easily and also helping them to customize the game as they want

too bad i didnt spend enough time for the french translation at the moment, damn too much modding in other games too :p

Back