• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Centurion

How's this ship coming along?

Any testable model available, as I can't be bothered to play PotBS anymore just to try her out, (I'm too mad at FLS for nerfing my Trinity there :walkplank) at least I can still sail her with pride here.

I'm hoping to try the centurion as well.

There are mismatches in the masts. I for one am not doing anything with the Centurion.

There are files scattered around this thread which you could use, though I'm not sure Hylie's latest rigging has been uploaded?
I certainly won't be making any changes to the masts until I'm finished with the Rossiya.

This poor old ship has been on hold for too long, so I've finally fixed all the mast misalignments to help progress continue. :dance
I've also edited the deck to use the same texture as the Rossiya (WoodDeck2.tga), which helps add some contrast to the ship, as it makes heavy use of Wood_deck.tga on other parts of the hull.
The files are available here: Centurion_fix2.7z

Please note the mast locators should now be positioned differently as follows:
Mast0 (0.04, 3.672, 19)
Mast2 (0.029, 2.967, 16.436)
Mast3 (0.028, 1.049, -1.4)
Mast4 (0.032, 3.02, -12.866)

Oh, one other thing, it might be worth swapping out 'AOP wood.tga' for 'AOPwood2.tga' on the masts to turn all the ropes black, as Kris originally intended.

Are the Rey.gm Files available too?
As I've been taking a look at the incomplete model for the purpose of beta testing and variant painting.:checklist

I think they're included in the files from post #192 on page 10 of this thread.

This poor old ship has been on hold for too long, so I've finally fixed all the mast misalignments to help progress continue. :dance
I've also edited the deck to use the same texture as the Rossiya (WoodDeck2.tga), which helps add some contrast to the ship, as it makes heavy use of Wood_deck.tga on other parts of the hull.
The files are available here: Centurion_fix2.7z

Please note the mast locators should now be positioned differently as follows:
Mast0 (0.04, 3.672, 19)
Mast2 (0.029, 2.967, 16.436)
Mast3 (0.028, 1.049, -1.4)
Mast4 (0.032, 3.02, -12.866)

This is strange.o_O This new hull doesn't seem to add the masts or cannons to it.

Am I assembling this test model and it's fixes wrong somehow?:unsure

That fix doesn't include any hull locators, so the ship won't function properly in-game. I don't know how far Hylie got with locators before, so didn't see any point in giving the hull its previous locator set, which is probably out of date. It's probably best to wait until he's finished the locator work before testing the model in-game.

I decided to set the Amsterdam aside and get started on the Centurion again. This was a good idea and a bad idea. It's will be good to get this ship done, but today was probably not the day to do it. I happily copied all of Armada's files into my Centurion folder and then went to work. That is when I discovered that I had just wiped out all of the locators! :modding
Actually the only big loss is the cannon locators. This ship has what, 64 of them? :facepalm
Other than that she looks ok.
Centurion-1.jpg

Don't worry, I still have an earlier version you provided which has hull locators. Here are the fixed hull and cannon models with locators copied over: Centurion_locators.7z
I should have added the locators sooner. :facepalm

Thank you! :bow I've been looking all over my puter for some old files and finally found them in my dropbox, but nowhere else.

Big Badda Boom!
Centurion-2.jpg

D'oh! Try the attached file instead.

Quick question: which Build version are you using to test this ship? In Beta 2.3, there shouldn't be any numbers on the Battle Interface ship images. :unsure

Attachments

• HMS_Centurion_mast3.7z
    562.2 KB · Views: 116
Thanks! :cheers

This ship is in a beta 2.2 install and is the only reason that install is still around.

OK, just checking. I thought that might be the case. You can never be too sure that things are working as planned. :wp

I've started on stays using the 4 ropes bundled together method. It seems to be working ok so far. The new stay is the one the guy is hanging off of.
Centurion-4.jpg

Back