• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cleaning Up the Advanced Options

My complaint about the controls is the old one where when you first go to your ship, the controls are completely different from anything anyone with a functioning brain stem would want. You then have to bail out and then delete the "options" folder, and then reset everything again. Tedious. Those weird settings have nothing in common with the normal default controls. If I only knew where they were hidden..............:walkplank

The default controls are in PROGRAM\CONTROLS\DefaultControls.h - those are the controls you should get when removing the "options" file.

A while back I spent time trying to figure them out, but now I only remember a few. :eek:ops2

The menu that comes up when you hit ENTER is moved to TAB, and ENTER does nothing. the E,F,R,G buttons are messed up but I forget which one does what. I could get fast time but could not get normal time. CTRL gets you the spyglass, but I forget how to get out. You can't move around on the ship. It is awful. :modding

This happens when I do a new install, and sometimes with a new patch. I just delete the options folder and try again without bothering to look in the controls menu. I have gone there in the past and tried resetting it to default, but that does not work.

Ahoy Pieter,

I actually like being able to set the start level in the options and distribute skills as in the old game. I guess even though I really like the histroy I don't need complete realism in my entertainment. I have never used cheat mode.

Still, you can use cheatmode to level up yourself to what you want; I think that's more reliable than the starting option, which I don't entirely trust any more.
If you turn off the Auto Skill System, you can still select which skills you want to increase manually.

Still, you can use cheatmode to level up yourself to what you want; I think that's more reliable than the starting option, which I don't entirely trust any more.
If you turn off the Auto Skill System, you can still select which skills you want to increase manually.

Thank you. How do I access cheatmode?

here's the keys for cheats. i just copied them out of the code, it should be clear which keys you need to press. not sure if numlock should be on or off though, it does make a difference. i think off. if it isn't clear, you just need numpad 1 and such.

#define CTL_CHEAT_GODMODE "VK_NUMPAD0"
#define CTL_CHEAT_OFFICER1LVLUP "VK_NUMPAD1"
#define CTL_CHEAT_OFFICER2LVLUP "VK_NUMPAD2"
#define CTL_CHEAT_OFFICER3LVLUP "VK_NUMPAD3"
#define CTL_CHEAT_PLAYERLVLUP "VK_NUMPAD4"
#define CTL_CHEAT_FAKELVLUP "VK_NUMPAD5"
#define CTL_CHEAT_MOREGOLD "VK_NUMPAD6"
#define CTL_CHEAT_RAISEREP "VK_NUMPAD7"
#define CTL_CHEAT_NUMPAD8 "VK_NUMPAD8" // unused
#define CTL_CHEAT_RAPIDRAID "VK_NUMPAD9"

At the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h you can set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 and then the buttons Morgan posted will become active.

Beta 2 won't be released for another four months. I'll be back at sea at the end of this week and unable to release anything until I get back.

So are people entirely happy with the file I attached here? http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17561-cleaning-up-the-advanced-options/page__view__findpost__p__395434
Any settings that you'd like back, stuff you'd like re-ordered/renamed, etc? I intend to include these files in the next Patch/Beta.

I've done two new installs with it and have no complaints. If anything it could be streamlined a bit more.

Back