• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cleaning Up the Advanced Options

Pieter, your are no dummy. I am. I blew it last night when I installed your Simplified Settings V2. When it crashed I moved on.

The solution is: New Game Required! :facepalm It is working fine now......:eek:ops2

AH! That'd explain a lot. Still, at least it encouraged me to release a REAL compilation of all stuff in my game. :doff

The only thing I remember about the new advance options is that towards the bottom there are a lot of blanks, then an item, then more blanks. That should be reorganized.

I dare say it probably will be Morgan... I think Pieter is really keen for a Beta 2 to be released :yes

You don't need to reset your options after removing the "options" file, because doing so automatically resets the options.
This is done automatically by the Build 14 Beta 1 Full installer and will be done also by all future releases.

And indeed I am quite keep on getting a Beta 2 done. Next holiday I will, but that's still another 3.5 months to go...

..Which gives us some time to fix the ship GA bugs and various other things, so Beta 2 should be a nice improvement :sail

That's the general idea. AAAND it'll be a nice all-in-one installer again, ensuring nothing much can go wrong with the installation. :cheeky

That's the general idea. AAAND it'll be a nice all-in-one installer again, ensuring nothing much can go wrong with the installation. :cheeky

'Someone' will always have a problem with the installation ;) I know it was an issue for me when i first tried it(and i'm sure some around here will remember!) :D

But 'cleaning' the build up for Beta 2(from GA to dialogue and item 'fixes') is a good goal to aim for for sure. :beer

Well, I won't rule out people CAN mess it up even with an all-in-one installer.
But it'll definitely decrease the chance. :wp

Ok ive installed the patch 7 wip with the new advanced options menu. I've added a comment on typo/suggested spelling. -fine = perfect. -ok = maybe some change needed. This is what we got so far:

Advanced Option patch beta 7 wip:

general game settings:

1. Changing nations relations -fine
2. Anchoring (seems messed up, see below)
3. Buildingset -fine(that is the name of the mod so no typo)
4. Brothel -fine
5. Corpses -fine
6. Autolooting –ok(space between words "Auto-looting")
7. Autohire crew –ok(space between words "Auto-hire crew")
8. Critical hit from balls -fine
9. Fire from balls -fine

Graphical settings:

10. Camera -fine
11. Camera’s behaviour -fine
12. Compass –fine
13. Sails –fine
14. Pirates blacksails –ok(space between words "Pirates black sails")

Difficulty settings:

15. Iron Man Mode –fine
16. Sea encounters generating –fine
17. Survival chance –fine
18. Ships will surrender –fine
19. Salary –fine
20. No theft –ok(suggest ‘Theft chance’)
21. Lock open –ok(suggest ‘Open lock chance’)

Realism settings: character

22. Automatic skills-system –fine
23. Weaponsmod –fine(that is the name of the mod so no typo)
24. Ammo and powder –fine
25. Reload while fighting –fine

Realism settings: interface

26. Items traders realism –fine
27. Shipyard realism –fine
28. Realistic ship purchase –fine
29. Restricted ship class –fine

Realism settings: sea

30. Food –fine
31. WorldMap ship show –ok(space between word ‘World Map ship show’/'World Map ship display' better)
32. Amount of info in the “sailho” screenmessage –ok(spaces between words 'Amount of info in the “sail ho” screen message')
33. Display time -ok(needed with new toggle function?)
34. Display Battleinterface –fine
35. Display map position -fine

Realism settings: battle

36. Real cannons –fine
37. Extra hit check –fine
38. Cannonpowder –ok(space between words 'Cannon-powder')

All seems great to be honest, so good job on that Pieter as this was quite a tangle to sort out. Apart from the little notes i've added above on the list for consideration, there was one large problem in 'Anchoring':

"Anchoring:

1. When anchoring, you go to your ship's deck. From there you can go to shore
2. In the same way as in the tutorial
Prisoner ransom is done through the dialog in the cargo hold. You can hire captives as officers."

that second option needs re wording as it is pretty confusing. Does it mean if you chose option 1 you can't do prisoner ransom in the cargo hold? And how is the same way in the tutorial different from the first option? In the tutorial you follow Malcolm out of the cabin onto the deck then onto shore? thats the same as option 1?

I'd personally keep the 'Anchoring' dialog like before:

"Anchoring:

1. When anchoring, you go to shore. From port or bay you go to sea
2. When anchoring, you go to your ship’s deck. From there you can go to shore in the same way as in the tutorial"

Other than that maybe we don't need the 'Displaytime' option now it is on/off in the log toggle(so keep it as 'only if clock is equiped' and use the log toggle to hide/show it).

Overall i'd say awesome job to go from 67 options down to 38, make it more logical in layout and not make it feel like the player has lost too many things :onya

As a quick note to people trying the patch, you need to delete your 'options' file in the main directory AND start a new game after that, that way you won't get the 'blank' boxes in the menu(i did after installing the patch and starting a new game without deleting that 'options' file). Once you do that the advanced menu options look very neat and have no blank spaces.

autohire and autoloot should actually be one word, i think.
lock open might better be renamed to lockpicking chance.
world map ship display, maybe?
it's called cannonpowder to distinguish it from gunpowder, which is also one word, and in fact correct.

I was just being picky. My 'spellchecker' doesn't like 'Autohire','Autoloot' etc :shrug

'World Map ship display' is indeed better.

'gunpowder' as one word is fine, but 'cannon powder' needs the space from my spellcheck and net search(as part of the game code those are different rules) :hmm

'Lock picking chance' or 'Open lock chance' are both fine, and better than 'Lock open'.

Still the important thing is the mistake in 'Anchoring', that definately needs a fix :yes

spellcheckers are not really something you should rely on too much, especially with partially made up words.

Well i use the spellchecker just for confirmation, this might be an english vs american english issue(thinking on auto-hire(the actual correct way to spell it in uk english!) vs autohire)?

I'll edit to include the dash - ; for 'Auto-hire', 'Auto-looting' and 'Cannon-powder'

:)

:onya

Besdies, my giving out advice on spelling is an oxymoron in itself( i have a very mild form of dyslexia! sometimes!) ;)

Having said that even I have noticed many of the typos and 'bad english' in the game currently(i'm guessing it was pirate KK in the quest files for New Horizons? which is ok, he is polish is he not?) :yes

Overall Morgan, what's your thoughts on this new Advanced Options menu? any thing missing in particular for you that you'd like to see back in? Anything further you think could be removed(like i think we can lose 'Display time')?

i don't know yet. i did use to activate the blade quality mod and deactivate the blade damage mod, but since the two settings have been combined now, i think i'll just turn both of them off.

Back