• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Engine crash and something amiss

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

That doesn't tell us much of anything either. How about error.log and system.log ?

Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1
can't load file: BuildSettings.h
Still that one. How did you install? There is no valid installation method that will result in that file not being there. o_O

Only thing I could think of is Windows Security Stupidity not letting the installer file write the files it needs.
How large is your PotC folder? Should be something of 8-9 GB or so. If it is much less than that, stuff is missing.

it doesnt tell me the size of my folder and i deleted the second POTC folder within this POTC folder and thats when it wouldnt open so im redoing everything

I reinstalled and redone everything but now im getting this still

Attachments

• error.zip
    187 bytes · Views: 88
  • system.zip
    300 bytes · Views: 87
Last edited:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1
can't load file: BuildSettings.h
That one again. Can you check your PROGRAM folder to see if that file is actually there?
It IS part of the Main Modpack Files archive, so there is zero reason for it to be missing. :shock

I got an error at the beginning of the game. I just downloaded everything and had a fresh install('cause my computer was recently formatted:facepalm):
..but now its all good again and ready for testing..:cheeky damn! i'm behind!:facepalm

Files are all there..i think.
PotC Main Game Folder Size: 9.7 GB
Location: Drive D (I put it on my other drive this time hope it won't mess up the game:oops:)
Stock PotC run fine.
EDIT: All latest updates installed.

Its talking about the sound\alias.c
Code:
    {
        InitSounds();
        UnloadSegment(sounds_file);
    }
EDIT2: I did not experience any crashes. How can I move this post to Build 14 Beta 3 Progress thread?

Attachments

• Info.zip
    529.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
POTC should run fine anywhere EXCEPT program files. I have POTC installs on both C and D drives and they all run ok.

I have no clue what is happening to 9tailedfoxdragon.

DavyJack: You have real problems there but I can not sort them out. POTC has memory leaks that show up every time the game is shut down but you have a lot more going on.

It bother me that we were doing so well until this new installer was introduced and now people are dropping out all over the place.

Back