• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Engine crash and something amiss

DavyJack: You have real problems there but I can not sort them out. POTC has memory leaks that show up every time the game is shut down but you have a lot more going on.
What?:shock oh man..:facepalm So, what's your recommendation then sir hylie?

It bother me that we were doing so well until this new installer was introduced and now people are dropping out all over the place.
yeah,:modding but if this will be figured out:read..it'll be much simpler.:)

Last edited:
I have no answers for you. This game does not crash for me and I do not get the errors you are getting. :shrug Maybe Pieter can see something.

i think i found build settings in trash but now i have this
Whatever is that file doing in your trash bin!?! o_O

And here's the new one:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 4
can't load file: events.h
Again a file missing and that is even a stock game file!
Assuming that you do install correctly, then I suspect something goes wrong in the "move folder" operation of the modpack installer.
Apparently it DOES remove the old files, but doesn't put the new files in its place. Except that.... you DO get SOME of them, because we know you DO have the new version of seadogs.c .
So it is making no sense at all. Must be Windows Security Stupidity again, but I really don't understand why it would let part of the process work, but not all of it.
Proper bizarre, it is!

Just for the sake of it, can you upload your seadogs.c file? I'd like to check if it is indeed a up-to-date copy of the file.
I got an error at the beginning of the game. I just downloaded everything and had a fresh install('cause my computer was recently formatted:facepalm):
..but now its all good again and ready for testing..:cheeky damn! i'm behind!:facepalm

Files are all there..i think.
PotC Main Game Folder Size: 9.7 GB
Location: Drive D (I put it on my other drive this time hope it won't mess up the game:oops:)
Stock PotC run fine.
EDIT: All latest updates installed.

Its talking about the sound\alias.c
Code:
    {
        InitSounds();
        UnloadSegment(sounds_file);
    }
EDIT2: I did not experience any crashes. How can I move this post to Build 14 Beta 3 Progress thread?
If you change the game options before having a game loaded, you get that error. I've got it too. As far as I can tell, it does no harm. :shrug

It bother me that we were doing so well until this new installer was introduced and now people are dropping out all over the place.
Most annoying too, because whenever I test myself, it works perfectly smoothly.
EVEN on the external HD that Windows keeps telling me I am not allowed to remove files from due to excessive security retardation.
And since the installer does the file operations now instead of a BAT file, we should be having LESS Windows Security Stupidity!

Puts on Sherlock Holmes hat and grabs pipe.....

We have a non Intel laptop, an Intel laptop, and a non Intel desktop that run this installer fine. I play POTC for hours every day and had my first CTD with this installer yesterday. So it does not appear to be hardware related. This also seems to rule out software problems.

Would Win8 cause the troubles? Armada is using Win8 with no problems.

What is the one thing that those with the crashes have in common? Could they have a bad stock POTC game?

What is the one thing that those with the crashes have in common? Could they have a bad stock POTC game?
A bad stock PotC wouldn't cause files missing that are already in the modpack download. The only thing that can do THAT is Windows Security Stupidity.
Or Virus Scan Security Stupidity. In any case, some external software crap that is preventing the installation from working.

Note that DavyJack's problem is nothing to worry about. You would get the same error yourself. :shrug

About the new installer:It works fine to me, well very fine.Ihave the folder in documents.Its easy and quick. Thanks

About the new installer:It works fine to me, well very fine.Ihave the folder in documents.Its easy and quick. Thanks
Ayup! But it took a bit of figuring out on how to install the game clearly. Nice picture btw ;).

..hmn..I wonder if there are female admirals or something like that back in the day ..

Im glad you like the picture.If you like to know the story about it ,i send this file

Attachments

• The Battle of the West Kay - 1801.rar
    14.9 KB · Views: 90
Well, that one IS up-to-date. Perfectly so. I had almost hoped that it wasn't; at least that would've shown something proper wrong. :modding

i reran the 14 beta 3 installer and everything for beta 14 all over again except the erb graphic inhancement installation and it did something so now seadogs isnt having problems my buildsettings .h file is now. i also have this weird file called d3d8.dll file

Attachments

• error.zip
    187 bytes · Views: 118
Last edited:
That d3d8.dll file does belong to ENB. Did you install that the previous time?

You could try zipping up your entire PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders so I can see what files are all missing.

Back