• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Build Mod Ships

Apparently that didn't get done. It will take some time to dig them out of a dead install. gimme a few hours.

I can do the renaming quickly myself if you tell me which ship should be renamed to what. Eg. which number corresponds to which nation?

Err ok, but I will also need to post the relevant shipsinit.c parts to make them 6th rates instead of brigs.

P is generic
P1 is Dutch
P2 is Spanish
P3 is Portagee
P4 is British
P5 is French

Here ya go.

Attachments

• ships-init.c.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 79
Eh? That isn't a 6th rate? Did I forget that too? I knew there was a reason I didn't delete all of those dead installs.

EDIT: I found out what happened. I ported the early Neptunus in January and then updated them in May, but failed to zip and post the new files. I've done that now but DropBox is currently down. The updated files will be posted when possible.

I set the early ones to periods 1,2,3 so the late models should be for periods 4 & 5. Or for whenever spankers came along.

I cannot figure out these early Neptunus versions. None of the ship models I can find in either your original or subsequent uploads, for example, looks like that generic early Neptunus.
And your recent upload has them overwriting three already existing ships, namely NL_Neptunus, PO_Neptunus and SP_Neptunus .
I do think your new colour schemes look better, so I'm thinking of just taking your new hull textures and applying them to the existing models.
Actual inclusion of the early rigging versions can be done for the next update, because this is just taking too long for me. :(

Edit: On second thought, even that seems to complicated and timeconsuming right now, so I'll just add the Postillionen and leave the Neptunus for now.

Curses! This is what comes from having one ship set in this dead install, the other ship set in that dead install, and nothing in the only working install.

Birthday yesterday, parade and fireworks today, I will clear this up when/if I can think again. :drunk

I have the early and late Neptunus working in the same game. Will post the files when I find pics for them.

Finally got pics. It must have been the stormy time of year in game because all I got was storms and rain for a long time. Anyway, these are the 4 early Neptunus, the Dutch, French, Portagee, and Spanish versions. Do we want an English one too?
Also, the Neptunus and Postillionen were in the same group meaning that one could buy the Neptunus and upgrade to the bigger Postillionen by repaintiing it. So I put all of the Neptunus versions in their own group. So there is an extra ships-init.c in there for that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/repaired ships/after beta2.2/NeptunusEarly.7z

It is all in the Dropbox now and will stay there until such time as I run out of space and start deleting the oldest files. But that could take years. I also have them on one of my hard drives.

As I mentioned some time ago I have fixed ship problems and more in beta2-2.
Uploaded now on the ftp under Jack Rackham as "beta2-2bugfix1".

You had better remind us when it comes time to make the next patch or it might get forgotten.

I've just made a note of it so it won't be forgotten. :)
On that subject, would it be better to have a separate thread where people can post files for the next Build release?
At least that would keep things in one place and make Pieter's job easier.

Err, isn't that how this thread works? We discuss things and share files here until Pieter starts compiling and then we dump our files on him here.

I no longer have the old FTP installed, so cannot integrate your fixes into my installs, Jack.

Ok, it will have to wait until Pieter's next patch.
But if someone needs it before it's on the ftp. Or contact me. No problem.

Back