• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Build Mod Ships

UGH! La Couronne still has the "camera height" bug. How hard is that to fix? :modding

It's quite a simple fix with Maya; looks like both the flagpole AND the stern lanterns need to be separated.
Does this ship also have a bad bow wave? If so, that's another issue that could be fixed at the same time.

I'd have to check that; I only noticed because I tested kristi4ever's savegame for a second.
It is one of Pgargon's models; I thought those were generally exported properly?

I do not recall a bow wave problem with that ship, but I have not seen her in a while.

Quick update: I've separated the flagpole and lanterns from the Couronne hull and exported them separately, which has fixed the high camera bug (it is still slightly higher than others, but at least you can see the entire ship when fully zoomed out).

Bad news is the model now has a really awful bow wave, so I'll fix that tomorrow and release the updated model.

What confuses me is why it didn't have a bad bow wave beforehand. I would expect that overhanging bow to be a problem, so it doesn't surprise me that the re-exported model is affected.
Still, easy enough to fix. Time to chop it off. :whipa

Guess what? The "NL_Lineship" also seems to have the camera problem to some extent, probably due to her flag masts on the stern.
Real shame, that is one gorgeous ship!

I'm never going to finish anything for Hearts of Oak at this rate. :rolleyes:
Any more ships for the chop? :whipa

I'll post here if I run into any others. Haven't done any systematic testing, just letting you know as I run into them,
Hopefully there aren't many of them left. I'm sure you've got better things to do!

I'll post here if I run into any others. Haven't done any systematic testing, just letting you know as I run into them,
Hopefully there aren't many of them left. I'm sure you've got better things to do!
Any model with a flagpole (or any other tall object) modelled straight onto the hull, as seen in GM Viewer, will almost certainly have the high camera bug.
I guess some cases are worse than others though.

True, that. Well, I've made a folder containing ALL hull GM files so I can go through them. Here's what I found:
- FR_Belette - do we even want to keep this ship? She isn't used as the Belette anymore anyway
- FR_Bellona/HMS_Bellona/US_Bellona

- FR_LightPinnace
- HMS_Greyhound
- HMS_Mordaunt
- KetchNavy
- NL_ConvoiShip

- NL_Lineship
- PiratBattleGalleon/SP_BattleGalleon
- SP_SanFelipe

Red = Pretty bad
Black = Not ideal
Orange = Could be worse
Green = Not too bad

Unfortunately a fair few more than I had hoped for. :( :( :(

Also, Raa11.tga.tx is used by the Derfflinger for the figurehead, so that is going back into the modpack.
And Frigate_sat was missing her deck texture, so that is now being HEX-fixed.

But I must say, going through all those ships, there are some pretty darn good ones there!
I'm really looking forward to playing the game properly some time and seeing them all being used. :woot

Your standards are too low. Move all the ships down 2 colors. Some of those ships I never touched just because I can not see them.

Well, let us look at priorities. :nerbz

FR_Bellette - Who would sail that ship when there are newer ships of that size around? Low priority
FR_Bellona - Armada is working on a new Bellona. Very low priority
FR_LightPinnace - This is a quest ship that only those who play as a merchantman would be interested in. This is a huge ship for its cargo capacity so would not be chosen for that purpose. Low priority
HMS_Greyhound - This 22 gun light frigate is rare and there are other alternatives like the 20 gun Postillionen and the 26 gun corvette. Low priotity
HMS_Mordaunt - This is a common ship that many would want to sail. High priority
KetchNavy - No one would use this ship in POTC but is a starter ship in GOF2. Very high priority
NL_Convoiship - This is a good ship that is fairly common. Medium priority
NL_Lineship - Another good ship that needs to be repaired. Medium priority
PiratBattleGalleon/SP_BattleGalleon - The very best early period ship is bugged, but it is an early period ship. No priority
SP_San Felipe - Who sails Spanish ships? No priority

The San Felipe is quite a gorgeous ship! And I like the Greyhound quite a bit too.

The FR_LightPinnace is used for quest purposes only? Really?

Back