• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Town Capture Boarding Locators

sorry for the delay, keep forgetting about this whenever I have time... I'll check aruba soon, don't worry :)

Noticing a BIG problem with aruba, I can't even land my troops to invade the town (it has no fort, so you simply just have to land your troops), I've tried everything, loading up old saves, going in and out of map mode, sinking all dutch ships around it, but nothing is working... Also, I noticed when I raid the pirate settlement on Nevis, it can sometimes mess up other fort invasions as well. Lastly, When you try to rename the french town on Martinique (the french island with octopus bay as it's beach), when you try to rename the town, you get a game crash.

Edit: no error logs from the aruba issue though...

AGH! That sounds horrible. And still I don't have much of a clue what to do about it. :modding

tell pirate_kk that if he's not active anymore then he should give you all the info., code, and files to the capture towns mod, this mod needs to be fixed to make the game complete...

Well, all the files ARE in the modpack; it's just that nobody really knows what to do with them.
Pirate_KK mentioned he'd like to rewrite the whole interface for it, but nobody has the faintest clue when that might be done.
He's got a lot of his plate, including real life, CoAS source code work and finishing his new Select Storyline interface.

okay, just be sure that should life get in the way of his modding that you have him write up a text document explaining all of his work and what the files do and what-not, that way, should something happen, we won't hit a big bump for who knows how long, sorry if I seem impatient, it's just that ever since I've been here, very little work has been done on this mod (if any).

Here's a list of problems to add onto tailsman's post...

- Renaming Saint Pierre when taken over causes a game crash

- Attacking Nevis Pirate Settlement problems:

(Not sure if this is supposed to be a glitch or not) Until you leave town, the whole town goes into what I like to call "Ransack mode" where you can get stuff
from the store and shipyard for free, however, I noticed that the store (in ransack mode) will have russian characters over each of the pictures of the goods until
you completely clear the store of that item. Also, if you repair your ship or put on upgrades at the pirate settlement shipyard in "Ransack mode", your ship will
display all black in the hull bar like it's about to sink until it starts taking a little damage, then it will show a full bar which depletes normally as your ship is hit by
cannon-fire and whatnot.

I notice that in one case, after raiding this, any future settlements I raid will seem to not recognize me after a couple of in-game weeks and when I go back to port, the
fort won't attack me, but when I port, I have to fight a bunch of pirates in the fort, then I get transported back to my ship, thus, I can never access the town.
However, the tax system seems to be working just fine.

- There is no option to land troops on the beach leading to the dutch city in aruba.

Any news on this mod at all? Anyone made any progress?

Eh, it almost seems like people have forgotten about this...

Forgotten? No. There's just nobody to work on much of anything at the moment. There's no active coders at the moment at all, it appears. :(

hmm, well, any coder that becomes active again will sure have a lot on their plate, lol.

Pieter, I don't mean to be negative, but this is an old game, you're pretty much the only original person that hasn't left, maybe we should put less focus on adding things and more on fixing up all current bugs... Just saying, the game will soon be 10 years old and we should finish the build mod ASAP and maybe start a build mod for a newer game.

That's what I've been saying for a long time. Unfortunately, I can't stop people from adding things and can't make them fix things either.
And I can hardly do everything myself, especially since I don't quite know how to.

I think we should let out a bunch of announcements saying to not add more things and to focus on fixing bugs, at least for a couple months, that would hopefully shift at least a couple of people's attentions.

Unfortunately the people working on new things are not the coders because the coders aren't here.
So stopping to work on new things would basically stop anything from happening at all. :facepalm

Sorry, I know I seem impatient, but if you can, the second ANY coder comes back on, try and get them to quickly polish up the interface for the capture colonies mod along with dealing with some of the bugs. I'm just so worried about this mod being buggy forever...

hmm, what ever happened to couchcaptaincharles? He might be able to help towards this, no? Also, pieter, if you can, send out a mass mail to anyone modder rank or above and just say that if they have any free coding time, then please help finish up this mod, we need to get this finished up while we can, time is not on our side here, as soon, people will leave... Just saying, We should be working to wrap up build 14, the only thing we should expand on are the unfinished storylines, all else should be bug-fixes...

Back