• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Town Capture Boarding Locators

i still havent tested any siege (exepect the famous stock siege of "bridgetown" :)

i think i have nearly finnished period/faction weapons fixing (exept a strange error about giveitem.... anyway... doesnt cause crash at the moment :rolleyes: )

so i will surely start to look that great mod, but i really never touched any colony siege or even looked at code :shrug

so i will take somes days just to read all the subjetcs about it (i saw some links about bug trackers + some interessant post + need to get crashes in game to see with my eyes what is (or not) done) + read the code files just to see how it looks :shock

i have 1 week holidays and i really want to fix maximum of things or have a good start to think less after :yes

this game is probably old but a regular community continue playing it, for example i know french players who really dont like the age of pirate series or even skyrim (like me) compared to that awesome POTC build mod (the most complete singleplayer roleplay game for me)

some french made some minor translation and so, much follow how the mod goes :onya

Good to hear you'll try and help agent ad, look through this topic and see what you can do about the bugs people have posted on here. :) Let's get her done!!

I can try to do that when I get back home next month, I suppose. Unfortunately mass e-mails generally are auto-deleted for being spam. :facepalm

Don't worry pieter, between agentad and (possibly) legendary_spider along with other people I mailed, we should be good (hopefully)

i will just hunt that damned minor periods bug i still getting and i will be full working in the fort siege after ^^

sounds great agentad, we'll want you to get all these bugs out once and for all or this mod will never be fixed, also, we'll have to get around towards making a new interface for this mod since the current one for assigning governors and fort commanders is quite bugged...

To make things easier, I gathered up ALL the bugs that are still affecting this mod, read all of this and decide where to start.

In Build 14 Beta 1 patch 5

I have gone through and fixed as many of the locator files as I can - there should now be no crew / defenders fighting outside the battlefield

(underground or in the water). The same should also apply to the Player.

The situation now is:-

1. NEVIS - Pirate Settlement - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

2. NEVIS - Charlestown - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

3. GUADELOUPE - Pointe a Pitre - OK

4. ANTIGUA - St Johns - OK ( but only 2 crew in Port )

5. MARTINIQUE - ST Pierre - OK

6. BARBADOS - Speightstown - OK ( but no Crew in Port & 2nd Part of town )

7. BARBADOS - Bridgetown ( Bugged ) see below

8. GRENADA - Sao Jorge - OK

9. GRENADA - Smugglers Lair Leviathan Rock - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

10. CURACAO - Willemstad - (no Crew in Port ) - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

11. BONAIRE - Pirate Fort Palm Beach - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

12. BONAIRE - Kralendijk -OK

13. ARUBA - Oranjestad ( Bugged ) see below

14. CAYMAN - Grand Cayman - OK

15. ELEUTHERA - Governors Harbour - OK

16. ELEUTHERA - Alice Town Settlement - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

17. CUBA - Havana - OK ( but no crew in Port )

18. CUBA - Santiago - OK ( but only 2 crew in Port )

19. TURKS - Grand Turk - OK ( texture outside Town Hall forgot to mention this in previous post same as Port Royale & Havana - see attached)

20. JAMAICA - Port Royale - OK

21. HISPANIOLA - Tortuga - OK

22. HISPANIOLA - Port Au Prince - OK

23. HISPANIOLA - Santo Domingo - OK

24. HISPANIOLA - Buccaneer Camp - Boca de Hubon ( Bugged ) see below

25. PUERTO RICO - San Juan -OK

26. ST MARTIN - Philipsburg - OK ( but Port & 1st section of town No crew)

27. ST MARTIN - Marigot ( Bugged ) see below

Forts now have Loading Screens (see Pieter's file in Post # 83 above) :doff

PROBLEMS

BARBADOS - Bridgetown - I think this is just a missing Governor - Fort Commander to talk to.

After 2nd town fight in Suburb - think you are supposed to be transported to Governor / Fort / Prison Commander - but are just stuck in the same

part of town ( get same location loading screen & are just moved to one of the gates - your officers now appear & the missing texture on the ground is

there now there so I assume you have been transported to the normal model for this location instead of the Capture Colonies Model ) - you can fast

travel to store/church/tavern etc but cannot leave buildings once inside them except by fast travel to another building.

In 2nd town location no crew - player fighting soldiers on their own.

ARUBA - Oranjestad - As Barbados I think this is just missing governor to talk to.

Sank all ships - Fight in Port - Transported to Town - can't move ( used A-D keys to move sideways slightly which fixed this ) - in town no one to talk

to the Governor is in townhall (locked) can get inside only with Fast travel. Talk to Governor & he only has ordinary dialog - no Capture Colonies

Dialog.

HISPANIOLA - Buccaneer Camp - Boca de Hubon

Made the missing locator file for this (shore08_lb.gm) - but still could not get it to let me land Troops. - I think the Boca de Hubon beach may not be

recognised as the port of the Buccaneer Camp (perhaps the camp is just a Quest Location and not meant to be captured in Capture Colonies)

ST MARTIN - Marigot

I am still unable to destroy Fort - no hits shown or registered? - sinking all the French Ships does not seem to work either.

Capturing Colonies for Player - Interface Problems

You cannot capture any colony without a FORT for yourself - the interface to assign the Officers to Governor & Fort Commandant does not appear if

you choose this option in the dialog with the Pirate Chief /Governor - see error logs attached to Post # 84 above. ( You can still give it to another

nation or ransom it ok. )

The interface to assign an Officer to be the Governor & Fort Commandant is unstable and it is difficult to get the officer you want allocated (I am not

sure if they have to have a certain level of skills e.g. Leadership or cannons - this might have affected it in my game). Also I once almost allocated the

Governor I was talking to as the new Fort Commandant.:rofl - Would he have fired on me as I sailed out of the port. xD:

Officers allocated as Fort Commandant will leave your passenger List. Officers allocated as Governor stay on your Passenger list and can be allocated

to additional towns - they only leave the passenger list if you allocate them as a Fort Commandant. (I have currently got one governor running three

towns on different islands & two governors being Fort Commandants in towns on other islands and two governors who are still Passengers).

Returning to Towns you have Captured for Yourself.

This is bugged - you can go into a town you have captured from the jungle ok. If however you try to land at the Port then sometimes you will be

transported to the Port ok and sometimes you will be transported into the Fort - there you will be attacked by masked men ( your people manning the

Fort ) there is no way out, so you die. (see attached error logs for Martinique)

Money Received For Ransom of Colony

- The amount you receive is twice the amount in the dialog
- If you decide to take over the colony for another country - the colony is taken over & you also get the amount of money for the ransom (actual

amount stated in dialog ) - not sure if this is correct or a bug.
- If you take the colony for yourself you don't get any money - you do get the daily amount of money from the Taxes ok.

No Crew at Certain Locations

This might still be a problem with Locators - not enough of them or Strange shape ( I have been playing with Visible locators and some of the loc ones are not the usual semi-sphere but long thin ellipses. So those locations might need more work.
- I don't know if the Mod takes into account my total crew (ship or fleet) against the Town Population when calculating the 4 crew vs 3 defenders, that

could affect things. But for me the crew are always missing in the same places.

Listed are the locator files to fix things & included in the attachment:-

Shore08_lb.gm
Conport_lb.gm
DouPort_lb.gm
Doutown_lb.gm
ffport01_l_xb.gm
OXport_lb.gm
ConTown_l_papb.gm
StJohns_locatorsb.gm

Noticing a BIG problem with aruba, I can't even land my troops to invade the town (it has no fort, so you simply just have to land your troops), I've
tried everything, loading up old saves, going in and out of map mode, sinking all dutch ships around it, but nothing is working... Also, I noticed when I
raid the pirate settlement on Nevis, it can sometimes mess up other fort invasions as well. Lastly, When you try to rename the french town on
Martinique (the french island with octopus bay as it's beach), when you try to rename the town, you get a game crash.

Edit: no error logs from the aruba issue though...

- Renaming Saint Pierre when taken over causes a game crash

- Attacking Nevis Pirate Settlement problems:

(Not sure if this is supposed to be a glitch or not) Until you leave town, the whole town goes into what I like to call "Ransack mode" where you can get stuff
from the store and shipyard for free, however, I noticed that the store (in ransack mode) will have russian characters over each of the pictures of the goods until
you completely clear the store of that item. Also, if you repair your ship or put on upgrades at the pirate settlement shipyard in "Ransack mode", your ship will
display all black in the hull bar like it's about to sink until it starts taking a little damage, then it will show a full bar which depletes normally as your ship is hit by
cannon-fire and whatnot.I notice that in one case, after raiding this, any future settlements I raid will seem to not recognize me after a couple of in-game weeks and when I go back to port, the fort won't attack me, but when I port, I have to fight a bunch of pirates in the fort, then I get transported back to my ship, thus, I can never access the
town. However, the tax system seems to be working just fine.

- There is no option to land troops on the beach leading to the dutch city in aruba.

The interface for assigning governors and fort commanders is quite bugged, just try it for one second and you'll see what I mean!

At the moment, I can't work on that. I've still got 2 quests to finish. However, seeing Build 14 won't be released soon, we have time for that.

we all finnish what we started, then we will hunt the fort siege, as bartolomeu said we have time

okay, but once you all finish your projects, let's get this done, this project is long overdue, and that's an understatement.

the only thing as i already said i need to fix is weapons for early town guard period

i let it as it is cause it works nice at the moment, i will think about this minor fix when pieter will come back :)

i go play and test myself town siege and see what happens in code to understand, it will take some time ^^

Posting this again since all the forum changes are messing everything up:

New
To make things easier, I gathered up ALL the bugs that are still affecting this mod, read all of this and decide where to start.

In Build 14 Beta 1 patch 5

I have gone through and fixed as many of the locator files as I can - there should now be no crew / defenders fighting outside the battlefield

(underground or in the water). The same should also apply to the Player.

The situation now is:-

1. NEVIS - Pirate Settlement - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

2. NEVIS - Charlestown - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

3. GUADELOUPE - Pointe a Pitre - OK

4. ANTIGUA - St Johns - OK ( but only 2 crew in Port )

5. MARTINIQUE - ST Pierre - OK

6. BARBADOS - Speightstown - OK ( but no Crew in Port & 2nd Part of town )

7. BARBADOS - Bridgetown ( Bugged ) see below

8. GRENADA - Sao Jorge - OK

9. GRENADA - Smugglers Lair Leviathan Rock - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

10. CURACAO - Willemstad - (no Crew in Port ) - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

11. BONAIRE - Pirate Fort Palm Beach - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

12. BONAIRE - Kralendijk -OK

13. ARUBA - Oranjestad ( Bugged ) see below

14. CAYMAN - Grand Cayman - OK

15. ELEUTHERA - Governors Harbour - OK

16. ELEUTHERA - Alice Town Settlement - Capture Works OK see problems with interface

17. CUBA - Havana - OK ( but no crew in Port )

18. CUBA - Santiago - OK ( but only 2 crew in Port )

19. TURKS - Grand Turk - OK ( texture outside Town Hall forgot to mention this in previous post same as Port Royale & Havana - see attached)

20. JAMAICA - Port Royale - OK

21. HISPANIOLA - Tortuga - OK

22. HISPANIOLA - Port Au Prince - OK

23. HISPANIOLA - Santo Domingo - OK

24. HISPANIOLA - Buccaneer Camp - Boca de Hubon ( Bugged ) see below

25. PUERTO RICO - San Juan -OK

26. ST MARTIN - Philipsburg - OK ( but Port & 1st section of town No crew)

27. ST MARTIN - Marigot ( Bugged ) see below

Forts now have Loading Screens (see Pieter's file in Post # 83 above) :doff

PROBLEMS

BARBADOS - Bridgetown - I think this is just a missing Governor - Fort Commander to talk to.

After 2nd town fight in Suburb - think you are supposed to be transported to Governor / Fort / Prison Commander - but are just stuck in the same

part of town ( get same location loading screen & are just moved to one of the gates - your officers now appear & the missing texture on the ground is

there now there so I assume you have been transported to the normal model for this location instead of the Capture Colonies Model ) - you can fast

travel to store/church/tavern etc but cannot leave buildings once inside them except by fast travel to another building.

In 2nd town location no crew - player fighting soldiers on their own.

ARUBA - Oranjestad - As Barbados I think this is just missing governor to talk to.

Sank all ships - Fight in Port - Transported to Town - can't move ( used A-D keys to move sideways slightly which fixed this ) - in town no one to talk

to the Governor is in townhall (locked) can get inside only with Fast travel. Talk to Governor & he only has ordinary dialog - no Capture Colonies

Dialog.

HISPANIOLA - Buccaneer Camp - Boca de Hubon

Made the missing locator file for this (shore08_lb.gm) - but still could not get it to let me land Troops. - I think the Boca de Hubon beach may not be

recognised as the port of the Buccaneer Camp (perhaps the camp is just a Quest Location and not meant to be captured in Capture Colonies)

ST MARTIN - Marigot

I am still unable to destroy Fort - no hits shown or registered? - sinking all the French Ships does not seem to work either.

Capturing Colonies for Player - Interface Problems

You cannot capture any colony without a FORT for yourself - the interface to assign the Officers to Governor & Fort Commandant does not appear if

you choose this option in the dialog with the Pirate Chief /Governor - see error logs attached to Post # 84 above. ( You can still give it to another

nation or ransom it ok. )

The interface to assign an Officer to be the Governor & Fort Commandant is unstable and it is difficult to get the officer you want allocated (I am not

sure if they have to have a certain level of skills e.g. Leadership or cannons - this might have affected it in my game). Also I once almost allocated the

Governor I was talking to as the new Fort Commandant.:rofl - Would he have fired on me as I sailed out of the port. xD:

Officers allocated as Fort Commandant will leave your passenger List. Officers allocated as Governor stay on your Passenger list and can be allocated

to additional towns - they only leave the passenger list if you allocate them as a Fort Commandant. (I have currently got one governor running three

towns on different islands & two governors being Fort Commandants in towns on other islands and two governors who are still Passengers).

Returning to Towns you have Captured for Yourself.

This is bugged - you can go into a town you have captured from the jungle ok. If however you try to land at the Port then sometimes you will be

transported to the Port ok and sometimes you will be transported into the Fort - there you will be attacked by masked men ( your people manning the

Fort ) there is no way out, so you die. (see attached error logs for Martinique)

Money Received For Ransom of Colony

- The amount you receive is twice the amount in the dialog
- If you decide to take over the colony for another country - the colony is taken over & you also get the amount of money for the ransom (actual

amount stated in dialog ) - not sure if this is correct or a bug.
- If you take the colony for yourself you don't get any money - you do get the daily amount of money from the Taxes ok.

No Crew at Certain Locations

This might still be a problem with Locators - not enough of them or Strange shape ( I have been playing with Visible locators and some of the loc ones are not the usual semi-sphere but long thin ellipses. So those locations might need more work.
- I don't know if the Mod takes into account my total crew (ship or fleet) against the Town Population when calculating the 4 crew vs 3 defenders, that

could affect things. But for me the crew are always missing in the same places.

Listed are the locator files to fix things & included in the attachment:-

Shore08_lb.gm
Conport_lb.gm
DouPort_lb.gm
Doutown_lb.gm
ffport01_l_xb.gm
OXport_lb.gm
ConTown_l_papb.gm
StJohns_locatorsb.gm

Noticing a BIG problem with aruba, I can't even land my troops to invade the town (it has no fort, so you simply just have to land your troops), I've
tried everything, loading up old saves, going in and out of map mode, sinking all dutch ships around it, but nothing is working... Also, I noticed when I
raid the pirate settlement on Nevis, it can sometimes mess up other fort invasions as well. Lastly, When you try to rename the french town on
Martinique (the french island with octopus bay as it's beach), when you try to rename the town, you get a game crash.

Edit: no error logs from the aruba issue though...

- Renaming Saint Pierre when taken over causes a game crash

- Attacking Nevis Pirate Settlement problems:

(Not sure if this is supposed to be a glitch or not) Until you leave town, the whole town goes into what I like to call "Ransack mode" where you can get stuff
from the store and shipyard for free, however, I noticed that the store (in ransack mode) will have russian characters over each of the pictures of the goods until
you completely clear the store of that item. Also, if you repair your ship or put on upgrades at the pirate settlement shipyard in "Ransack mode", your ship will
display all black in the hull bar like it's about to sink until it starts taking a little damage, then it will show a full bar which depletes normally as your ship is hit by
cannon-fire and whatnot.I notice that in one case, after raiding this, any future settlements I raid will seem to not recognize me after a couple of in-game weeks and when I go back to port, the fort won't attack me, but when I port, I have to fight a bunch of pirates in the fort, then I get transported back to my ship, thus, I can never access the
town. However, the tax system seems to be working just fine.

- There is no option to land troops on the beach leading to the dutch city in aruba.

The interface for assigning governors and fort commanders is quite bugged, just try it for one second and you'll see what I mean!​

That probably hasn't been prioritized with all the Hearts of Oak stuff going on lately. That last post occurred just when we started getting serious about HoO.

It's an outstanding problem that seriously needs attention, but no-one has looked into it for months, unfortunately. :facepalm
I doubt anyone will actually bother, either. Pieter is away and, even if he had the time, he's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to do this, and his efforts to encourage others to do it seem to have had little effect. I'll probably have to look into it myself.

It's not even so much that I don't want to fix it, but I really have no clue how to.

Well I've just gone and edited the first post to fix all the old formatting errors, and having a quick read of the instructions, it doesn't actually look that complicated.
My only question is if this line of code is still relevant for teleporting to locations via the console:
Code:
 string location = "<location_name>";
I noticed the locator information stuff is now under Case 1 in the current console file, but the above code is absent.

Teleporting to locations? I always use DoQuestReloadToLocation("Oxbay_Port", "reload", "reload1" ,"");

Back