• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Town Capture Boarding Locators

if i knew how to help i would i know very little about coding
By the looks of things, you need no code knowledge at all for this task. You only need the right tools for the job, a little guidance, and a lot of patience.
If you'd like to help out here, that would be much appreciated! I'll try to reword the first post to make it easier to follow, and will post here when I have finished.

Pieter: Thanks for clarifying, I'll modify the first post. :doff

alright il help il see what i need to do :) anything to help out the community and the game.where can i the inez diaz tool i see you need i cant seem to find it .il need to id very much appriciate that and il also be asking alot of questions

okay im stuck at the part where its supposed to make a player/enemy locator it does not do this idk what to do so im stopping for now

I think most of the locator work on this should already have been done.

The main problems remaining are to do with the interface for assigning officers as Fort Commanders/Governors and the other problems with ransom money.

There are a couple of towns / locations where the player's crew do not appear to fight with you during the attack - but if I remember correctly the locators are there so the problem might be caused by something else

A list of the major & minor bugs in the mod is in this post : --->> http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/making-capture-town-boarding-locators.13281/page-5#post-389087

I don't think anything significant has changed since then -- unless something has become broken.

:cheers

Hey,
I think this came up before, but wouldn't it be nice to change the Names of the colonies when they are captured by other Nations? I could do that if someone shows me where the town names are. And I would need a bit help for programming it. I think a switch-case would be good here? (Just started with programming so I'm like a 'noob' xD)

isn't it complicated for quests and so ? i dont remember if it can automatically change name in roleplay and quests (wait a better answer i think)

Wasn't that already possible? I seem to remember changing a colony's name to "Pietersburg" one time.
But that Capture Colonies mod is still in a general state of "unfinishedness". We'll look at it once we've got the new code for Beta 3 compatible.

allright, I'll remember it ;) :D
Another short question: Is it possible that my DX8Render.dll module is broken? Because I still get those nasty CTD's with the big shipdecks -.- . And Windows says that the problem is an application crash an the error-module is DX8Render.dll

Strange though; the Beta 2.1 Full installer contains the entirety of my MODULES folder. So everyone should end up with exactly the same. :confused:

yes the files are the same.. hm I really wonder what could be the problem.. maybe me video-card doesnt like the huge amount of objects on the large deck?

Ayup! The video card could be the culprit. That big deck does put a strain on the hardware.
Do you have a pci-e slot on your motherboard?

Which ship deck is it exactly? Or what ship are you on when you're on that deck?

Endeavour uses "ShipDeck3" and Bellona uses "ShipDeck2".
You could edit PROGRAM\Ships\Ships_init.c and find-and-replace both of those with "ShipDeck6".
Perhaps that one works better?

Back