• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

The prices held one time! I went from Santo Domingo to St. Pierre and sold some oil and the price held. For the return trip I looked for something to carry but the prices were crazy. Gold at $31? Clothes at $1,499? So I carried no goods except what the merchant wanted me to carry.

I will look at that item.

I think there is something really wrong with those price calculations.
Could you maybe check for me (I haven't had those really weird prices yet) when you encounter such prices if the quantity is very weird?

I think changing GQTY_PRICECHG_POW will solve this problem.
My guess is when the economy changes they still have way to much in stock cause that takes a little while but it is an import product then so then the price is set. I think somewhere the calculation is wrong there.....

I changed that thingy to 0.1 and when I got there the prices were more normal with clothes = $154 and gold = $1,463.

I also made a profit on two runs now! The prices are close but fairly stable. I have looked at quantities and they seem fairly stable. I will be going to two colonies that have been wiped out by pirates soon and expect to find almost no goods and no money there.

Let me know if you get develop better values to include in my next update. :doff

The Fetch quests are now included. You will see a notice of a town in need of something and you can help them.
Let me know how it works please :).
For now only the shipyard and tailor can have a fetchquest and there can only be 1 running at the same time.
I also modified some of the internal settings parameters and changed a few other minor things to make the system better.
Next up I will be looking at the price calculation.

@Pieter Boelen could you maybe do a winmerge with these files and yours and make a new installer? I had to change a lot of files. Also some files can be deleted.
Being:
DIALOGS\AddDialog.c
DIALOGS\ENGLISH\tavern.h

Included here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-131#post-481787

Last edited:
I quickly tested this and the Shipyard Fetch Quest seems to work nicely. Having it tied to actual in-game economic events is really cool! :onya

Odd that you can't sell any sailcloth directly to the Store Owner when it is depleted, but I suppose that makes sense from a gameplay point of view.

Yeah i added that cause the price is quite high then and you could exploid that.

I would like to test the fetch quests you have done, @Levis . How can i install these archives? (By the way, i only want to install the fetch quests, not the fixes of the import and export)

Then i will tell you what i think ;) I think this improvement will change very nice the game, great job ;)

I would like to test the fetch quests you have done, @Levis . How can i install these archives?
Now included in my download.

By the way, i only want to install the fetch quests, not the fixes of the import and export
Both features are dependent on each other. You can't have one without the other.

We need both testing anyway so that @Levis knows how it works and what to fix.

Ok, it doesn't matter :) Which have been the changes with the import and export between Beta 3.1 and Beta 3.2 WIP?

Today I was sailing around the worldmap at random, doing nothing in particular.
Then I noticed there was the attached error.log . Seems to be related to Fetch Quests.

Attachments

• error.zip
    373 bytes · Views: 95
ah I see where that is comming from. No real problem there. Some towns don't have a shipyard or tailor so thats what generating the error. A little fix should solve this.

included file should fix it. I haven't had time to test it. Will do tomorrow.

Attachments

• FETCH FIX.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 130
I don't really understand the new dynamic economy, I will try to read the posts and catch up. I do notice that the contraband goods are all changed from before. My only comment is give the history of the Spanish Main I don't thing that is realistic to have the Spanish colonies importing gold or sliver since Spain's new world colonies had very nearly all of the mineral wealth in the new world.

Someone on the ModDB reported:

Having leather contraband on English colonies is kind of bad since you need to sell that in the beginning of Nathaniel Hawk's storyline.

Ouch! You have to sell that to get money to repair your ship, and how do you smuggle at the start of the game when you don't know where to go or how to do it? Then there is the French fleet...........

OTOH, contraband is random and changes. In a day or two it might not be contraband anymore. Possibly that person just had some bad luck.

Very possible. However, that shouldn't be allowed to happen in the first place. You have to be able to complete the tutorial at least.

Ouch! You have to sell that to get money to repair your ship, and how do you smuggle at the start of the game when you don't know where to go or how to do it? Then there is the French fleet...........
As I recall, if you opt for the stormy start then you always get contraband and have done in previous versions of the Build Mod, too. You need to go to the tavern, talk to the smuggler, be told which beach to go to, then find that beach without the aid of a map or "Sail to". (The first time I did that in Build 14, I started on Cuba. It took me ages to find the right beach, by which time I'd found just about every other landing place on Cuba!)

How badly fouled up is the new economy? Does contraband vary between different colonies on the same island? If so, and if you've started with cargo which happens to be illegal in Speightstown, you could hike to Bridgetown. Alternatively, does the ship still get teleported to the port if you get it repaired? If so, walk to Bridgetown, pay the shipyard for a minimal repair, then you can sail to the beach without having to worry about the French.

If contraband does vary from one colony to another on the same island, you can make lots of money very quickly when you get the "Trustworthy" perk. Buy something which is legal at Bridgetown, walk to Speightstown where it is contraband, sell it, then do the same the other way. :)

Talking of contraband, I've seen a few colonies where clothing is illegal. Nobody told the people, they're still fully clothed. ;)

Back