• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

wth .... how is that even possible ... I will look into that, that shouldn't happen ...

How do you trigger that problem, Hylie? I have tried this:
- Start new game on Assassin storyline
- Go to store, find importing planks for 27/49
- Teleport to Port Royale, find importing planks for 15/27
- Despite opening/closing the interfaces, those prices remain the same

Skipping to the next day causes it. Looking into it now. I have a better clue of what might be going wrong now :).

Okay so I made a check to see how long ago the last time was it was updated but this only worked in the time period of a month :p longer and it behaved weird so I changed that sytem now. Also changed it for the events so that should both work now. I tested it quickly and it seems to work. Also changed the event parameters which where sugested by @Hylie Pistof . Let me know how this feels :).
Also the nation wasn't detected so you wouldn't see that in the import/export products. Now you will (this is why you saw so many linen and medicin as contraband cause the game taught everyone was a pirate nation).
Also changed a few goods so medicin should be a export product somewhere also, and also tobacco and ebony can be found as a contraband sometimes.

Last edited:
How do you trigger that problem, Hylie? I have tried this:
- Start new game on Assassin storyline
- Go to store, find importing planks for 27/49
- Teleport to Port Royale, find importing planks for 15/27
- Despite opening/closing the interfaces, those prices remain the same

I already described how I do it. I never leave the store or even leave the menu screen.

That is what confused me. Neither did I, but Levis says a day first needs to pass for this to happen.

Also the nation wasn't detected so you wouldn't see that in the import/export products. Now you will (this is why you saw so many linen and medicin as contraband cause the game taught everyone was a pirate nation).
Also changed a few goods so medicin should be a export product somewhere also, and also tobacco and ebony can be found as a contraband sometimes.
Yep, definitely much greater variety.
One peculiar effect though: Havana is exporting Gold and Santiago is importing it.
With both on the same island, I see the potential for some VERY lucrative trading there! :shock

yeah that could be very lucrative. It's something which could happend but wont happen all the time.
It's because spain is set to import gold and silver (They like their valued metals ;) ) but they both are very wealth towns to so they can export it also, so it can happen one has it on import and one on export.
Maybe we should remove gold as an export option for wealthy towns and only have it for mining islands.
Are these two towns always of spain or are there some time periods where they are from other nations?

@Hylie Pistof did the last update fixes your problems?

They're always Spanish. Unless you shake things up with Capture Colonies.

Wouldn't Gold and Silver generally be exported from the Spanish Main?
Eg. Cartagena, in this case? Cue Treasure Fleets in that area?
Were they actually ever mined on Caribbean islands? I honestly don't know.

They're always Spanish. Unless you shake things up with Capture Colonies.

Wouldn't Gold and Silver generally be exported from the Spanish Main?
Eg. Cartagena, in this case? Cue Treasure Fleets in that area?
Were they actually ever mined on Caribbean islands? I honestly don't know.
There are two island who have mines as locations. Those two island have mining as theire worktype so they produce gold and silver ets.
I think I'm going to disable the export gold for wealthy towns. Wealthy towns should export things like linen and other high grade materials I think. They shouldn't export gold and silver.

Place the included file in PROGRAM\TOWNS
maybe thats a bit more balanced.

Last edited:
Found some more issues so fixed them too.
Also fixed another function which was used for the events.
I believe I got most of the errors now so Tonight I'm going to make the fetch quest work with this now :).

I might have to start a new game. I can not tell if your fixes fixed anything because too many colonies have no money. Zero, zip. nada, zilch, none.

Take Kralendijk. I repaired some swords at the blacksmith but they did nothing for the economy. The shipyard was no help because my ship was undamaged and already upgraded. The store could not buy from me and I could not sell to him. All I could buy was food and rum, shot and powder. I did not dare buy any goods because I'm too poor to take any more big losses.

Look at this screenie. Kralendijk was hit by pirates in January and here it is in July and they still have zero money. There are many other colonies like that now too. I have managed to get San Juan working again. What should be a prosperous colony is only just now getting up to Poor status and the new settlers are probably the reason it has come back at all.
beta3 2014-05-06 20-42-13-00.jpg

After playing a bit and hauling some small test cargo it seems the commodity price variation needs to be clamped down by a factor of 100. :rumgone

Bricks for $1,347?????? By the time I got there they were selling for $14............:boom::ko I am losing money on every trip.

Yeah you need a new savegame i think :)

I am having a very hard time with this economy. The prices I see when buying are never close to the prices asked when selling at the destination. I am suffering the least losses, and even made a small profit one time, when I ignore the prices and simply buy whatever goods that colony has the most of that is not contraband at the destination colony.

hmmm....I did soms play testing yesterday on journeyman level and didn't found that problem. The prices changed a bit indeed but not that much.
What you could try is lowering this variable in the internal settings: GQTY_VARIANCE
It's a variance in price. If you make that 0.1 for example it will be closer to what you see in the tradebook.

And also change this variable GQTY_PRICECHG_POW to a lower value. Then the quantity of the goods influences the prices less.

Last edited:
Back