• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Remus77 Christianus/Trinity

hello all, ive been trying to put this ship. Ive just the coas model from HP and the textures from armada. It looks like this.

figure head.jpg

note the figure head. i placed all the textures into the main texture folder. am i missing one?

It seems that i dont have the 'custom_texture.TGA' file that the main gm requires. im asuming that its the file that deals with the figure head. does somebody have it available for me to download.

EDIT: I took the missing texture from Noriruru's Trinity Variants. It works beautifully now. It is absolutely magnificent!!!

Hmmmmm. I seem to have a problem here B14 wise. :shock

I was testing her on my model testing copy of B13 and she works swell. However the B14 installation seems to be fighting me for some reason. I copied Armada's attached ship.init script into the game's main ship.init, put the ship as the starting one in one of the storyline files for testing but she Runtime Error's upon leaving the ship and entering port. I have NO idea what the heck I did wrong.:shrug can somebody help me out here?

Can you enable Error Logging (see the FAQ for details; link in my signature)? Then, repeat what you did in-game to cause the crash, and post the logs here as attachments.
I'm not entirely sure what you have done wrong, so this will hopefully make that clear. ;)

It seems that i dont have the 'custom_texture.TGA' file that the main gm requires. im asuming that its the file that deals with the figure head. does somebody have it available for me to download.

EDIT: I took the missing texture from Noriruru's Trinity Variants. It works beautifully now. It is absolutely magnificent!!!

Glad my stuff was of help mate!:yes Have you actually tried my variants too? If so what do you think?

Ok done! Here's what I got.

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 180 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 75294342 ticks.
BeginScene
The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Warning: NPCharacter -> trace node not found
resource\models\ships\Trinity1\Trinity1_mast5.gm: can't open geometry file
WARNING! Can`t model class pointer for ShipModel
WARNING!!! Missing INIT message to ROPE - bad ship model
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\RIGGING\Vant.cpp line 162
"Bad Vant INIT"

Looks like some kind of model error but I don't understand why. She worked well in my B13 test.

Here's your problem:
resource\models\ships\Trinity1\Trinity1_mast5.gm: can't open geometry file
Mast5 is missing from the folder, and missing geometry files always cause crashes when the game attempts to render them.
I believe it used to be called Mast1, but Hylie renamed it to enable the sprits'l to furl properly when you use Battle Sails.

If you have Mast1, rename it to Mast5 and it should work correctly. :)

BINGO...! There we go.:yes

Now to correct my other Trinities and play her in the build version she belongs.

Thanks mate!:doff

What you two have failed to realize is that after it's been shot full of holes, it can be used as a strainer for very large pasta.

Just to check:
Armada, is the file I got from your DropBox the latest version with correctly adjusted rigging?
Also, is there any chance of a walk file for her?

Back