• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Try this. Unzip it to POTC--->resource--->models--->ships--->caravel1. If this works it means you have tho old model of the ship from years ago.

Attachments

• caravel1_deck.7z
    84.4 KB · Views: 79
work damit.jpg

still has not changed :rumgone

It is desk.tga.tx . File should go into RESOURCE\Textures\Ships .
Extract also the attached GM file to RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships\Caravel1 .

Attachments

• desk.tga.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • caravel1_deck.7z
    84.4 KB · Views: 91
it is still the little wooden cannon, i started a new save with the ship aswell at it was allso still the same

what i might do is re download all the files from moddb and make a fresh install of the game / new horizons and see how it goes

:NB FFS moddb this is painfull
ffs.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that is quite unlucky :/ -
On the plus side I got some new screenshots of my new town - I ended up turning pirate and just getting off the island was tough - attacked by a heavy pinnance and some smaller English ships - a few good broadsides and they raised a white flag :pflagNew_Governor.jpg Pirate.jpg Turned Pirate 2.jpg Turned Pirate 3.jpg Turned Pirate 4.jpg View attachment 17769 Whie Flag.jpg

I love those on deck shots , thats the pearl isent it ?

Edit : might add in here that i gave age of pirates 2 a crack while i was waitng for that download to finish

pink.jpg

aaaaand was not impressed to be honest maybe i am missing something but it controls like a donkey the on deck scenes are nauseating because you have to read text fixed on the screen while the whole screen moves around and the combat system .. just ... no ... no you had it right dont put a stamina bar in its not fun.

and thats all ontop of the freeking glitches eg my purple rain :p

Last edited:
Ok now to come clean just a little bit that last game install was from a copy of the game i "obtained digitally" if you get my drift so that could be the cause , for one last try i have actually gone all the way out to my apartment and gotten my Australian copy of the game bought from dick smith here in town and i will make a fresh install and try again with that.

note the Australian rating symbol thats not a sticker its printed on the box.
20140820_1655561.jpg 20140820_16554612.jpg

OK ... umm maybe small detail has been overlooked

This Caravela Latina has the wooden cannon
lat1.jpg

This Caravela Latina has a normal metal cannon like it should
lat2.jpg

And lets return to form,
SC2.jpg SF1.jpg

And also this might seem odd but way way back in the day when i first played potc the stair walking animation blew my mind up until then i had never seen a character walk up stairs so smoothly so for me it was amazing and in small part it still is because a heck of a lot of games still don't distinguish between stairs and sloped ground .
scmb.jpg

Last edited:
The battle of Cozumel - the Relentless (flagship) and the Revenge taking the fight to the British
Wow, that reminds me how ugly the Manowar's rigging still is.

@Hylie Pistof, has any work been done on the Manowar rigging? If not, would you be interested in improving it? :wp

1. Yes the stair walking animations are first rate. I have made videos of people just walking up and down stairs.

2. When I was actively working on the ships when ever I'd get to the big ones something more important would always come up. Now I am slowing down a lot, but still want to get to them.

Wooo we have the wooden cannon fixed :) - and yeah they are from the deck of the pearl.
1. Yes the stair walking animations are first rate. I have made videos of people just walking up and down stairs.

2. When I was actively working on the ships when ever I'd get to the big ones something more important would always come up. Now I am slowing down a lot, but still want to get to them.
And it would be great to have better rigging on a few of the larger vessels for when I decide to take over the Caribbean :ship

Back