• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

My complaints are not about the close up look, but the distant look. In the first screenie the Revenge in the background shows no AA and I am sure it is also flickering badly.

I can not test it meself because it always gives me error messages, but I suspect (hope) what would work would be just Reshade without any other shaders in use along with the standard control panels like AMD Catalyst Control Center or NVIDIA control panel to get the AA POTC needs.

Reshade rocks on land and fixes many problems I have with POTC but just dies at sea where I spend 90% of my time.

My complaints are not about the close up look, but the distant look. In the first screenie the Revenge in the background shows no AA and I am sure it is also flickering badly.
It's not flickering at all from what I remember. As far as I can see it has AA applied, but I also applied some sharpen over it to reduce the blurry effect (which I don't like).

I can not test it meself because it always gives me error messages, but I suspect (hope) what would work would be just Reshade without any other shaders in use along with the standard control panels like AMD Catalyst Control Center or NVIDIA control panel to get the AA POTC needs.

Reshade rocks on land and fixes many problems I have with POTC but just dies at sea where I spend 90% of my time.

When you downloaded files I made and put them in your potc folder did it work? If so I can send you these presets so you can try.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I need to clean out any registry files Reshade has and start over.

Nope, its what happens when your crew gets damaged by cannonball fire :p. I believe its actually stock code XD.

Leaving Jamaica after a successful smuggling run. The false flags seem to be working as I sailed past 6 enemy ships, one of them a Heavy Pinnace of War. Next stop Cuba and a treasure quest which was successful. I'm now 1-3 in treasure quests.

PS. Can you see the shark jumping out of the water?

POTC4 2015-10-15 13-58-17-35.jpg

So I decided to see how battles are doing. :nerbz

The first one I entered was French VS British merchantmen and they turned and sailed away from each other. That is different but logical for them. POTC4 2015-10-30 10-37-24-93.jpg

The next battle had some warships. Again French VS British. The badly outnumbered British tried to run away while the French attacked and the battle quickly got strung out all over the place. It took 3 screenies to get them all as we passed the French fleet.
POTC4 2015-10-30 10-45-20-17.jpg POTC4 2015-10-30 10-45-24-01.jpg POTC4 2015-10-30 10-45-27-35.jpg

One ship surrendered so I got my 2nd capture of the game.POTC4 2015-10-30 10-50-30-01.jpg

Then decided to see how 3 6th rates would do against an Advanced Warship but the flagship surrendered ending the battle. POTC4 2015-10-30 10-50-53-13.jpg

I lost 3 points with the British understandably but lost 15 points with the Portagees. :shrug

Do you have the latest update? If you want me to explain the changes in nation relations, you can upload your current save.
The Ship's Log should have some extra details.

I have the 27 Oct version. I will figure it out eventually. The Portagees are the only ones that are really friendly with the British. I was just surprised that they got more upset than the British did.

What were your relations before and after?
Assuming that England and Portugal were already hostile to you, if I recall you should have lost equal points with them.
But if Portugal was more than Wary with you, they would have dropped down to Wary in one go.
Might that have happened?

Then that is indeed exactly what happened: Attack their allies and they drop down to Wary.
How many English ships did you capture or Sink?
With more than 1, I'd expect Portugal to have dropped down a bit below -45.

Went on a treasure quest and brought along crew again. The fighting in the caves was certainly different! Kinda dark tho.
POTC4 2015-10-31 12-48-41-54.jpg

At that time it was the only ship. I had no ships sunk and one ship surrendered.

Now I have 3 ships sunk and 4 ships captured.

An oddity. England and France have been at war for all of this game until very recently and it seems their hostility to me was based on my nationality. Now they are -30 with me, so it seems they have forgiven the ships I captured from them.

Back