• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Do you have any suggestions to improve this or are you just making fun of other modders work?

Would it be possible to have the rifle closer to the owner's body the same way muskets already are?

I have been playing beta4 to get to the same level as POTC3.3 to get a straight comparison of performance. I have also "upgraded" to WinX, which has pretty much ruined the game on land.

Anyway, it seems that beta4 is almost as smooth as POTC3.3 and as long as I stay away from big battles should be ok. Here is my progression from the starter ship (Diligente tartane) to a light pinnace and a heavy lugger to a heavy east indiaman and a Neptunus sloop of war meeting a 4 ship Spanish fleet. Yes 100+fps is possible! This is by far the best at sea performance I have ever had.
POTC CAB 2015-09-21 21-12-08-76.jpg POTC CAB 2015-09-23 15-24-53-91.jpg POTC CAB 2015-09-24 09-15-26-49.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed the new flag and it is a nice color. Besides I am playing as an agent who has gone native.

For some reason storms deliver very good performance now. In normal seas it is down into the 30-40fps range but in this extended storm it went back up over 100fps.
POTC CAB 2015-09-24 16-10-37-21.jpg

Either you're playing as Milady or you've nicked her flag. :sail
Hylie likes "nicking flags". There is nothing to prevent you from doing that anyway.
Apparently he likes your work! :cheeky

For some reason storms deliver very good performance now. In normal seas it is down into the 30-40fps range but in this extended storm it went back up over 100fps.
LOL! There's a ship on fire there somewhere in the background. :rofl

Ayup, Voisey is having his troubles back there. It seems the storms now come in series of 2-3 and the ships really take a beating.

Speaking of flags, this is on the beach with Angelique Molin's father. Why Is Pieter Boelen's ship flying the English flag?
YIKES! I have no nationality! :shock
Rectified now; thanks for catching. :doff

I assume "I" wasn't in your fleet at the time, right?

Testing screenies on new laptop.. much better graphics than previous one.. any suggestion on improving quality for personal satisfaction? :D

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I see a lack of AA & AF but almost no one adjusts that. That is really about all you can do to POTC to get better looking screenies.

Reactions: A.H
1366x768 resolution is my max...

but ill try to play around with NVIDIA options and see the AA and AF

By manage do you mean through photoshop or from the game itself?
If anyone has a solution to the F8 screenies problem where it takes 3-4 shots of same screenie at a time, then please advice me because it is getting frustrating for every F8 i press, several screens get saved when I only want one ! :diomed

& I tried easy2convert.. the pro version lets you upload several at once, however it has the program logo on each photo and is only trial.. the regular program only accepts one conversion at a time.

I guess i'll be sticking to my photoshop cc...
Just to keep this topic about screenshots, uploaded some recent shots.. (there's a skinny indian in there too!)

4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

By manage do you mean through photoshop or from the game itself?
If your game resolution is 1366x768, the resulting screenshots should be too. :confused:

If anyone has a solution to the F8 screenies problem where it takes 3-4 shots of same screenie at a time, then please advice me because it is getting frustrating for every F8 i press, several screens get saved when I only want one ! :diomed
I think you're stuck with that. Why it does that, I do not know; but it's game engine functionality, so nothing much to be done.
Personally I always just use PrintScreen and paste in Paint. There are also programs like FRAPS.

Just to keep this topic about screenshots, uploaded some recent shots.. (there's a skinny indian in there too!)
Nice ones! See if you can sort out that resolution and maybe I can use 1-2 in the Beta 4 release article when the time comes. :onya

Reactions: A.H
Back