• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

@A.H, from your screenshots it looks as though the game is defaulting to Intel integrated graphics instead of using the Nvidia card.
The water quality is reduced when using the Intel fix, so if I were you, I'd take a look at this thread to force the game to use Nvidia graphics, and then uninstall the Intel fix.

Ohhh yes I did the same for other games that were running slow.. now thanks to you I remember to do it; cheers =)

Edit: I don't see much of a difference. Foto 13 is before the NVIDIA setting changes... foto 14 is the latest one with High performance setting changed in NVIDIA options.
#13 13.jpg #14 14.jpg

Overall, the performance of the game is still lagging when loading screen comes up. Trying to figure out a solution for this. Takes 10-15 seconds at least for any loading process in game.

Last edited:
These 2 are brand new fotos.. after I applied x8 and x16 AA and AF in my NVIDIA settings

15.jpg 16.jpg

I honestly don't see much difference..

Edit: I don't see much of a difference.
If you have a NVIDIA GFX card and now convinced the game to run with that, you also have to remove the Intel Fix again.
Just use the Uninstaller for it in your main game folder. Otherwise it'll still run in "Intel compatibility mode".

Yea i forgot to uninstall it.
However I did as you recommended and changed to 1366x768.. which i forgot to do, and surprisingly much better screen that before.
Still would you recommend I uninstall intel fix or this is as good as it gets?

17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg

Edit: just uninstalled and game crashed before even opening.
So I resintalled.. i guess i'll stay happy with latest graphic quality :D Thanks to everyone for support!

20.jpg 21.jpg

Last edited:
Edit: just uninstalled and game crashed before even opening.
Then you didn't convince the game to run from your proper video card.
If it crashes, it is still trying (and failing) to use the Intel one.
The water is supposed to be reflective.

With greater graphics comes greater firepower (& screenie spams :D)

22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg 30.jpg

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 157
It has been years since I used nvidia plus I have never owned a laptop, so I really have no advise as to why it is stuck using the intel graphics. From the time spent working on that thread about nvidia graphics I remember that it is a multi step process to get the laptop to use the nvidia graphics. First the control panel needs to be set to use it and then the power plan needs to be set to performance. Or something like that.

Looking at the control panel settings I would suggest setting it to "override" instead of "enhance" and also supersampling is probably overkill and multisampling would work better.

Here are my POTC settings, although they can be set lower with no loss of image quality. It is only DX8 after all. CCC POTC settings.jpg

Then here are some screenies of what my game looks like with those settings and with it set to "use application settings" or just the default.
Beta 3 2015-04-05 11-39-58-41.jpg POTC 3 2015-10-01 09-00-48-76.jpg POTC 3 2015-10-01 09-01-04-59.jpg POTC 3 2015-10-01 09-04-19-82.jpg POTC CAB 2015-09-24 09-15-26-49.jpg

Reactions: A.H
This is my Nvidia settings, the text is in Danish, i hope you understand it anyway.
PS. Remember to activate the settings. First picture, mark the middle option.

Attachments

• Udklip 2.PNG
    Udklip 2.PNG
    112 KB · Views: 128
  • Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    22.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Udklip 1.PNG
    Udklip 1.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Reactions: A.H
@A.H. If your Graphic card runs ShadowPlay, you can make a video, and take your screenshot there, in the way @Pieter Boelen mentioned. Use the latest Nvidia driver for the card, this is version 355.98.

Last edited:
The Intel problem is an issue we have been dealing with for quite some time, every time we find a solution that works, it seems some other incompatibility pops up. In this case, I have been looking for several months trying to find a real solution, but haven't really been able to find one anywhere. It seems to be an issue with Intel's graphics driver not recognizing that a particular game needs to use Nvidia instead of the Integrated Intel graphics chipset.

Asside from making sure the Nvidia driver is set to recognize the game, there are really only two solutions I have found that work. The first one is to disable Secure Boot. Unfortunately this does not always work for some reason, but it is worth a try, you can find the instructions HERE!

The second one is a bit more expensive and requires purchasing a new laptop with a built in hardware graphics switch, but it is the only solution that I have found that works every time.

Well i suited my options similar/same as the one you guys did, and it is graphically fine to me! I never actually heard of shadowplay but ill try lookin it up :)

It has been many years since we fixed that and I no longer remember what causes it. The last ship to cause something like that was the Soliel Royal. Is it that little ship (Barque) in the background that is doing it? It is probably caused by the Flying Dutchman.

Nice screenies there Levis. looking good!

Back