• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

screenshots thread

I have just been waiting for a good reason to move to the more modern engine. The sky just breaks all immersion for me and you have been working on that.

:ahoy

Running up the wall is certainly fake. :wp

When running his feet are too far apart. I would like to see more of him walking. From the short look his movements looked quick and not smooth. He needs to flow more.
All the rest of it looked fine to me. Oh! How about walking up and down stairs?

According to the on-screen display, that video appears to use the AoP or CoAS game engine.
Have YOU ever seen such fluid Assassin's Creed style movement in any of the Storm pirate games?
I sure haven't! :shock

Where did that video come from? Any explanation of what it is?

i was just wondering is there a file i can go into to modify a paint scheme instead of having this frigate so bland looking.
start 2013-06-03 19-47-24-14.jpg

Every ship has three versions. Try looking in resource--> models--> ships and then look in the ship folders for hull1, hull2, hull3. Swap hull1 with hull2 and see what it looks like. If the hull1,2,3 are not there, try looking in resource-->textures-->ships.

Just Sailing... Protecting the french from pirate's Because im a good little boy.
Untitled.png
test.png

that's the weird teleport menu i was talking about on the map view photo
BEST.png

Interesting. So THAT's where that "Parkour" video came from. I wonder if we can convince them to give us some more details on what they're doing...

Interesting stuff indeed! They must've made some serious changes to the source code to get some of those features working. :shock

Just Sailing... Protecting the french from pirate's Because im a good little boy.
View attachment 10798View attachment 10800
that's the weird teleport menu i was talking about on the map view photo
View attachment 10801

Just to be clear, this thread is for screenshots from CoAS, not PotC. ;)

start 2013-07-30 02-27-32-09.jpgstart 2013-07-30 02-27-39-20.jpg start 2013-07-23 00-04-38-22.jpg
Two probs, 1 it shows me with cannon damage in 1SC, in the 2nd it shows my cannons as full.
and i thought i'd throw this 3rd one in, i found in a boarding action on one ship 500,000$.

That DOES look really good! Makes me wish once more than we could port the PotC Build Mod to the Storm 2.8 engine and put everything together!
But we can't do that until Build 14 is stablish. But we've been making good progress on that too. So maybe we can actually make it happen.
Some day! In the not-so-distant future.

Personally I would like to see the best of POTC moved to COAS because COAS has some sort of DX9 support. I am having more and more video card related issues with POTC.

Not to be cynical Pieter, but I don't see that day as ever coming about. I don't think you guys will ever finish Build Mod. You keep finding new things to do. I don't think you can ever let it go.
We've been making a lot of progress these last few months to bring it much closer to completion. If you had asked me last year, I would have thought that we'll never be able to get Build 14 finished.
Now I believe that if we keep up the good work we've been doing, perhaps we can manage it this year. And if that gets done, we'd be able to see about continuing on something else.
The main problem we're having now though is that a lot of coding work and bugfixing needs to be done and we don't have enough people who know how to do that at all.

I've been wondering how possible it is to get the original PotC game running on the Storm 2.8 engine.
If we could manage that, we'd know exactly what differences there are between both engines and then see about moving stuff from the one to the other.
I'm sure the PIRATES career progression could theoretically be added into PotC. And the item-related code probably too, though I'm not sure what you mean by it.
The fencing system is a different story though; that probably does require the Storm 2.8 engine.

I'd love to give it to you. Maybe some day....? :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, what about the items do you like more in CoAS? I do know they added readable books at some points; that's pretty cool. :woot

Back