• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Adjustments

Well, here is a link to that thread. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16360-build-14-completion/

For the FR_SuperiorWarship2, open RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships\FR_SuperiorWarship2
and rename all files from "FrenchWarship" to "FR_SuperiorWarship2".

Here's my comments on all the ships in your list.

1. Walk files included in the file attached to this post:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16374-walk-files-converting-tool/page__view__findpost__p__376248
· Carrack (Caravol1)
· Spanish Fast Galleon (FastGalleon1) - Are you sure this is Spanish?
· -Ditto- (FastGalleon2) - Are you sure this is Spanish?
· Spanish Fast War Galleon (PirateFastGal) - Are you sure this is Spanish?
· Barque Longue (Barquem1)

2. AoP ships for which we can convert sailorspoints files to PotC walk with this tool:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16374-walk-files-converting-tool/
We need to find out what are these ships' AoP/CoAS equivalents so we know which walk files to convert.
· Squaresail Schooner (Hooker1)
· Naval Light Brig (Brig_n1)
· Armed Tartane (Tartane3) - I checked in AoP and it seems this one doesn't have a sailorspoints file either???
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace1)
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace2)
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace3)
· Naval Sloop (Sloop3)
· Lugger (Lugger3)
· Fluyt-of-War (Frigate6)
· Heavy East Indiaman (WarGalleon1)
- -Ditto- (WarGalleon2)
· -Ditto- (WarGalleon3)
· -Ditto- (WarGalleon4)
· -Ditto- (La_Licorne)
· 56-Gun 4th Rate (Lineship5) [partial walk only]
· -Ditto- (NL_Lineship2) [partial walk only]

3. Modified PotC ships that might need their source ships' walk files to be slightly adjusted:
Recommended to first try the walk file from the ship she was based on to check if it works.
· Jackass Bark (Barque3_50) - Based on stock PotC Yacht2
· English Bark (Barque4_47) - Based on stock PotC Yacht2
· Indiaman (FastMerchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette
· Indiaman (NL_Merchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette
· Fragata Latina (PO_FastNavy) [Incorrect file] - Based on the stock PotC corvette
· 74-Gun 3rd Rate (US_HeavyWarship) - Based on the stock PotC lineship (=former Black Pearl)
· 74-Gun 3rd Rate (HeavyWarship) - Based on the stock PotC lineship (=former Black Pearl) - This one wasn't on the list, but probably should be

4. New ship models for which a walk file was never made and would need to be done from scratch:
· Trade Brig (Edinburg) - Original model by ZarethPL
· Trade Brig (HMS_Bounty) - Original model by ZarethPL
· Fast Brig (HMS_Interceptor) - Original model by Kazeite
· 24-Gun Brig (US_Enterprise) - Original model by Kazeite
· Corvette (Corvette1_47) - Original model by Sprut
· Spanish Heavy War Galleon (SP_BattleGalleon_Weathered) - Original model by SuperChango
· Pinnace (NL_Pinnace) - Original model by Yo Ho Ho
. 74-Gun 3rd Rate (FR_SuperiorWarship1) - Highly modified stock PotC model by Kazeite - This one wasn't on the list, but probably should be
. -Ditto- (FR_SuperiorWarship2) - Highly modified stock PotC model by Kazeite - This one wasn't on the list, but probably should be
· -Ditto- (RN_Warship) - Highly modified stock PotC model by Kazeite

5. Voyage Century Online ships for which a walk file was never made and would need to be done from scratch (if we decide not to remove these ships):
-- These I'd like to keep if we can --
· Heavy Pinnace of War (NL_TwoDecker_47)
· English Galleon (Galeon5)
· English War Galleon (Galeon5W)
· English Fast War Galleon (Galeon5FW)
· -Ditto- (NL_Batavia2)
· Heavy Pinnace-of-War (NL_SevenProvincien)

6. Voyage Century Online ships for which a walk file was never made and would need to be done from scratch (if we decide not to remove these ships):
-- These we could decide to remove --
· East Indiaman (JamaicaShip1)
· Light Flushdeck Frigate (Lydia1)
· -Ditto- (Lydia2)
· -Ditto- (Lydia3)
· -Ditto- (Lydia4)
· Heavy East Indiaman (Sirius1)
· -Ditto- (Mordaunt1)
· Light East Indiaman (NL_Batavia1)
· 64-Gun 3rd rate (Warship11) + BAD 1st person walk
· Pinnace-of-War (Merchant11) + BAD 1st person walk + odd ropes

Could you make a note of the status of the 1st person walk data for all the above listed VCO ships,
especially the ones I marked I'd like to keep if we can?

If I've got time over the next few days, I'll see if I can do some more AoP>PotC walk file conversion for the ships mentioned under #2.

For the FR_SuperiorWarship2, open RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships\FR_SuperiorWarship2
and rename all files from "FrenchWarship" to "FR_SuperiorWarship2".
You're serious?! I can't believe I didn't notice that! :modding Oh well, I can do that easily. Still, does this model really need those two lineship files? And can I ask what a QCH file is??? :blink: I found one of those in the folder too.

· Spanish Fast Galleon (FastGalleon1) - Are you sure this is Spanish?
· -Ditto- (FastGalleon2) - Are you sure this is Spanish?
· Spanish Fast War Galleon (PirateFastGal) - Are you sure this is Spanish?
Don't look at me, I'm just quoting their current in-game ship types. :shrugI never changed them!

I should make it clear that these two DO have walk files, but a large part of the deck by the wheel is inaccessible to crew, and just looks daft to me.

3. Modified PotC ships that might need their source ships' walk files to be slightly adjusted:
Recommended to first try the walk file from the ship she was based on to check if it works.
· Indiaman (FastMerchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette
· Indiaman (NL_Merchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette
· Fragata Latina (PO_FastNavy) [Incorrect file] - Based on the stock PotC corvette
· 74-Gun 3rd Rate (US_HeavyWarship) - Based on the stock PotC lineship (=former Black Pearl)
· 74-Gun 3rd Rate (HeavyWarship) - Based on the stock PotC lineship (=former Black Pearl) - This one wasn't on the list, but probably should be
Yes I noticed those, and wondered why no walk files were assigned, since they're virtually identical on deck!

4. New ship models for which a walk file was never made and would need to be done from scratch:
. 74-Gun 3rd Rate (FR_SuperiorWarship1) - Highly modified stock PotC model by Kazeite - This one wasn't on the list, but probably should be
. -Ditto- (FR_SuperiorWarship2) - Highly modified stock PotC model by Kazeite - This one wasn't on the list, but probably should be
Erm, as far as I know, there are little or no modifications to the deck which would prevent using the stock Battleship1 walk file...
And as explained, they were not on the list because of the FR_SuperiorWarship stopping me from moving further through the list using the code in the console. And I couldn't be bothered to use each subsequent ship one-by-one. <_< But I should be able to complete the list soon.

5. Voyage Century Online ships for which a walk file was never made and would need to be done from scratch (if we decide not to remove these ships):
· Heavy Pinnace of War (NL_TwoDecker_47)
· Heavy Pinnace-of-War (NL_SevenProvincien)
Er, these look like modified Pinnaces to me... :wp

6. Voyage Century Online ships for which a walk file was never made and would need to be done from scratch (if we decide not to remove these ships):
· East Indiaman (JamaicaShip1)
· -Ditto- (Mordaunt1)
What's wrong with these two?? They're very similar to the WarGalleon models, with no other problems besides missing crew, I think.

Could you make a note of the status of the 1st person walk data for all the above listed VCO ships,
especially the ones I marked I'd like to keep if we can?
That should be do-able, certainly.

If I've got time over the next few days, I'll see if I can do some more AoP>PotC walk file conversion for the ships mentioned under #2.
Thanks for doing that, saves me a lot more work! (well, not a LOT more) Especially since I've started college now. And would you believe it- first day of college, they hand out homework for EVERY subject!:shock

You're serious?! I can't believe I didn't notice that! Oh well, I can do that easily. Still, does this model really need those two lineship files? And can I ask what a QCH file is??? I found one of those in the folder too.
They don't need those files, no. In fact, I don't even HAVE them in that folder.
NO idea what a .gch file is. I recall coding RunMe.bat to automatically remove them upon installing Build 14 Beta 1.

Don't look at me, I'm just quoting their current in-game ship types. :shrugI never changed them!
Yep; that IS what they're coded as. Must've been intentional for some reason. :shrug
However, they can be used by other nations too as per their ships_init.c entries. What do you reckon?
Shall we change their type name to just be "Fast Galleon" or shall we set them to Spain only?

I should make it clear that these two DO have walk files, but a large part of the deck by the wheel is inaccessible to crew, and just looks daft to me.
I think we can try doing an AoP>PotC walk file conversion on this one as well. :yes

Yes I noticed those, and wondered why no walk files were assigned, since they're virtually identical on deck!
I'm going to check these and see to what extent the old walk files work for these.

Erm, as far as I know, there are little or no modifications to the deck which would prevent using the stock Battleship1 walk file...
And as explained, they were not on the list because of the FR_SuperiorWarship stopping me from moving further through the list using the code in the console. And I couldn't be bothered to use each subsequent ship one-by-one. But I should be able to complete the list soon.
Let's see what happens. :shrug

Er, these look like modified Pinnaces to me...
Hmm... they might be. Let's see what happens...

What's wrong with these two?? They're very similar to the WarGalleon models, with no other problems besides missing crew, I think.
Now you mention it, the JamaicaShip and Mordaunt DO look like they might be based on a AoP/CoAS models instead.

Thanks for doing that, saves me a lot more work! (well, not a LOT more) Especially since I've started college now. And would you believe it- first day of college, they hand out homework for EVERY subject!
I always did quite well in school with doing hardly any homework and still getting high marks on all sorts. :wp

OK I'll remove the lineship and QCH files.

Yep; that IS what they're coded as. Must've been intentional for some reason. :shrug
However, they can be used by other nations too as per their ships_init.c entries. What do you reckon?
Shall we change their type name to just be "Fast Galleon" or shall we set them to Spain only?
Well we can't let Spain have all the fun, can we? xD: Especially the Pirate variant. I vote we remove the Spanish reference. :yes

I always did quite well in school with doing hardly any homework and still getting high marks on all sorts. :wp
Cheeky swine. :walkplank
For me, it was 'homework this' and 'homework that' at school, and it's only gonna get worse at college. :hmm :shock

See here for an updated version of the list, incorporting your latest comments.
Could you please use all my walk file code line modifications from attached file (compatible file for Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3),
then check the ships listed under #3 to see if crew climbs unexisting masts or not?
In cases where they do climb the wrong masts, we'll need to decide whether we:
. Leave them crewless
. Have the crew walk around, but occasionally climb wrong masts
. Modify the walk file to use the correct masts (will need someone to do it, obviously :facepalm )
. Modify the walk file to skip climbing the masts altogether (might be easier than above, but I'm still not sure how to do that)

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16374-walk-files-converting-tool/page__view__findpost__p__376248
· Carrack (Caravol1)
· Spanish Fast Galleon (FastGalleon1)
· -Ditto- (FastGalleon2)
· Spanish Fast War Galleon (PirateFastGal)

2. AoP ships for which we can convert sailorspoints files to PotC walk with this tool:
We need to find out what are these ships' AoP/CoAS equivalents so we know which walk files to convert.
· Naval Light Brig (Brig_n1)
· Armed Tartane (Tartane3) - I checked in AoP and it seems this one doesn't have a sailorspoints file either???
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace1)
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace2)
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace3)
· Naval Sloop (Sloop3)
· Lugger (Lugger3)
· Heavy East Indiaman (WarGalleon1)
- -Ditto- (WarGalleon2)
· -Ditto- (WarGalleon3)
· -Ditto- (WarGalleon4)
· -Ditto- (La_Licorne)
· East Indiaman (JamaicaShip1) - Modified AoP/CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· -Ditto- (Mordaunt1) - Modified AoP/CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho

Using their original base ships' walk files as per attached ships_init.c file puts crew on the deck properly,
but crew might climb unexisting/moved masts due to re-rigging.
· Indiaman (FastMerchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette1
· Indiaman (NL_Merchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette1
· Fragata Latina (PO_FastNavy) [Incorrect file] - Based on the stock PotC corvette1
· Pinnace (NL_Pinnace) - Modified PotC Pinnace model by Yo Ho Ho
· Heavy Pinnace of War (NL_TwoDecker_47) - Modified PotC Pinnace model by Thomas the Terror
· Heavy Pinnace-of-War (NL_SevenProvincien) - Modified PotC Pinnace model by Yo Ho Ho

· Spanish Heavy War Galleon (SP_BattleGalleon_Weathered) - Original model by SuperChango

· -Ditto- (NL_Batavia2)

· -Ditto- (Lydia2)
· -Ditto- (Lydia3)
· -Ditto- (Lydia4)

Looking into the AoP and CoAS ships, I have been able to find the following:
Hooker1 = AoP Schooner1
Sloop3 = AoP Sloop1
Lugger3 = AoP Lugger1
Frigate6 = AoP Frigate1
Lineship5 = AoP Lineship1
Fleut5 = AoP Fleut1
WarGalleon1 = CoAS ArabellaShip1
La_Licorne = CoAS ArabellaShip1
Mordaunt1 = CoAS ArabellaShip1
LightPinnace1 = AoP Pinnace1
Tartane3 = CoAS WarTartane1

I'll convert these ships' sailorspoints files to PotC walk and upload the file soon.

However, I can't seem to figure out what the Brig_n1 is based on.
I think she's a modified AoP/CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho of some kind... :?

Two potentially useful posts:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16360-build-14-completion/page__view__findpost__p__375743
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14731-fixing-the-build-mod-ships/page__view__findpost__p__345261

Another update to the list, along with walk files for all original AoP and CoAS ships that we've got.
File compatible with Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3; reinit (F11) required.

· Carrack (Caravol1)
· Spanish Fast Galleon (FastGalleon1)
· -Ditto- (FastGalleon2)
· Spanish Fast War Galleon (PirateFastGal)
· Naval Sloop (Sloop3)
· Lugger (Lugger3)
· 56-Gun 4th Rate (Lineship5) [partial walk only] - Newly converted file, better now?
· -Ditto- (NL_Lineship2) [partial walk only] - Newly converted file, better now?
. (Fleut4) - Newly converted file. Is it better than the previous?
. (Manowar3) - Newly converted file. Is it better than the previous?
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace1) - Retextured CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace2) - Retextured CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· Light Pinnace (LightPinnace3) - Retextured CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· Heavy East Indiaman (WarGalleon1) - Retextured CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
- -Ditto- (WarGalleon2) - Retextured CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· -Ditto- (WarGalleon3) - Retextured CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· -Ditto- (WarGalleon4) - Retextured CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· -Ditto- (La_Licorne) - Retextured CoAS model by Seb'
· East Indiaman (JamaicaShip1) - Modified AoP/CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho
· -Ditto- (Mordaunt1) - Modified AoP/CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho

[ALL DONE - There's some custom ship models' walk files in the Combined Modpack that we can still try to convert]
· Armed Tartane (Tartane3) - AoP nor CoAS has a sailorspoints file for their tartanes :facepalm

3. Modified AoP/CoAS ships that might need their source ships' walk files to be slightly adjusted:
· Naval Light Brig (Brig_n1) - Modified AoP/CoAS model by Yo Ho Ho - I can't find the AoP/CoAS equivalent of this ship :wacko:

Using their original base ships' walk files as per attached ships_init.c file puts crew on the deck properly,
but crew might climb unexisting/moved masts due to re-rigging.
· Indiaman (FastMerchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette1
· Indiaman (NL_Merchantman) - Based on the stock PotC corvette1
· Fragata Latina (PO_FastNavy) [Incorrect file] - Based on the stock PotC corvette1
· 74-Gun 3rd Rate (HeavyWarship) - Based on the stock PotC lineship (=former Black Pearl)
· Pinnace (NL_Pinnace) - Modified PotC Pinnace model by Yo Ho Ho
. 74-Gun 3rd Rate (FR_SuperiorWarship1) - Highly modified stock PotC model by Kazeite
. -Ditto- (FR_SuperiorWarship2) - Highly modified stock PotC model by Kazeite
· Heavy Pinnace of War (NL_TwoDecker_47) - Modified PotC Pinnace model by Thomas the Terror
· Heavy Pinnace-of-War (NL_SevenProvincien) - Modified PotC Pinnace model by Yo Ho Ho

· -Ditto- (NL_Batavia2)

· -Ditto- (Lydia2)
· -Ditto- (Lydia3)
· -Ditto- (Lydia4)

Jack Harrison, Use the tool from the Akella Tools pack. :doff

Sorry about that, miklkit. The conversion tool is really very easy to use though.
Once you know which AoP/CoAS ship matches up with which PotC one, it takes only a few minutes to get crew on her deck.

Well, it would help if I actually installed COAS ....... xD:

I installed your shipwalk file last night. Several times. How soon in the loading process can you hit F11? Before, I waited until a save has loaded to hit F11 and all went well. Last night it crashed while trying to load saves. I had to start a new game to get going again. It is probably something I did because after I changed the files back the saves still kept crashing.

I can say that the Barque Longue now has the crew on the deck instead of in the cabin. They are fascinated with the rope ladders. Soon most of the crew is climbing, walking, and running up and down them. :woot

See attached for a new edition, this time with the Bounty and Edinburg also crewed.
This seems to be as far as I can get, because all other Combined Modpack sailorspoints files don't seem to match up properly. :modding

You can press F11 as soon as you've got a savegame loaded.

Well someone's been busy! :woot
I'll download the latest file and have a look when I'm not busy...
Anything you want me to check, I'll do when I can. And I may as well update the original list too.
I might even try to finish checking the remaining ships for crew issues, but no guarantees just yet. :shrug

Please see here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16164-build-14-beta-1-patch-2/page__view__findpost__p__378706

So far so good! :cheers

Based on artwork I have seen, I would say that the Spanish fast galleon is indeed Spanish, at least originally. When I first saw the canted masts I thought it was a deliberate distortion.

I got time today to finally complete the list of crewless ships, and updated the first post. :dance
These latest ships are:
- Battleship3 and 4
- HeavyLineship1 and 2
- HMS_Endeavour and all SotL models
- US/FR_SteamFrigate (unique and encounterable)
- Cursed Dutchman
- FlyingDutchman (partial only; same as Lineship5 was)

And I've made some observations about various things:
- US_SloopofWar47 has incorrect texture for mainmast (can be fixed by HEX-editing; I'll check that)
- RN/US_HeavyFrigate models have spanker too high up mizzenmast?
- Lineship5 has a better walk file now. :onya
- RN_Warship and equivalents have crew floating just above the deck.
- US_SteamFrigate has the wrong default sail texture? (pure white without the horizontal stripe)
- FlyingDutchman has odd rope and rigging locators.

In addition to that, I have a list of ships which have massive or undersized pennants, which I intend to fix. ;)
These ships include:
- NL_Lineship1
- NL_Pinnace
- Sloop3
- Lugger3
- FastGalleon1
- Battleship3 and 4
- HMS_Endeavour etc
- Manowar1 etc

Thanks very much, mate! :woot
- Battleship3 and 4
- HeavyLineship1 and 2
- US/FR_SteamFrigate (unique and encounterable)
- FlyingDutchman (partial only; same as Lineship5 was)
- US_SloopofWar47 has incorrect texture for mainmast (can be fixed by HEX-editing; I'll check that)
Confirmed and fixed. Walk files will need to be checked.
I think we removed the crew from the Steam Frigates at some point on purpose; probably because they'd walk through the added cabin. :facepalm
The Flying Dutchman I've just made use the Lineship5 walk file now.
Don't know when I'll upload my files, but it'll be within a month, I reckon...

- HMS_Endeavour and all SotL models
We could fix this once the CoAS CM has a corrected one; the one they had before was not good...

- RN_Warship and equivalents have crew floating just above the deck.
These are based on a remodeled stock game model; walk file would need adjusting then. :(

In addition to that, I have a list of ships which have massive or undersized pennants, which I intend to fix.
These ships include:
- NL_Lineship1
- NL_Pinnace
- Sloop3
- Lugger3
- FastGalleon1
- Battleship3 and 4
- HMS_Endeavour etc
- Manowar1 etc
That'll be great! :woot

Two little things.

1. It appears that the ships have two crew walk files. One for normal sailing and one for combat. Yes, I know I'm still obsessing, but it appears that the combat walk file for the xebecAS is messed up. The crew all piles onto the port side guns and sometimes there are ghost crew floating off the beams.

2. Since the Light Pinnace has crew now, it appears that it will stay. Is there some way to opaque the cabin windows? As it is when one looks at the ship one can look right through it and it looks like a two dimensional image instead of a 3d solid object.

TIA.

Back