• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Adjustments

If I want... :wp If I want.... :mi If I want.... :woot

Lord, forgive me but that there is funny. :rofl Cheers matey! :cheers Have one on me. :beer

Another double post?!?!? That is what I get for cleaning the keyboard. :rolleyes:

Sprut did it? Oh well.

Remind me after the 9th and I'll look at those sails.
The easiest by far would be to replace the _plain file with the _common file so you'll have two the same ones.
Then we'd need to code it so that we can use only one and remove the other.
I'll try to remember, but no guarantees... xD:

@Craiggo, I've uploaded all the PotC walk files and Interceptor path in my FTP folder, named 'PotC_walk_files.7z' :nk

@Craiggo, I've uploaded all the PotC walk files and Interceptor path in my FTP folder, named 'PotC_walk_files.7z' :nk
[/quote]

Thank you sir. You are prodigiously appreciated! :bow

We've had the Corvette1_47 in the PotC Build Mod much longer than CoAS has been around.
Maybe they included her in CoAS, but we originally got her as a seperate download from the Seaward.ru forums.

We've had the Corvette1_47 in the PotC Build Mod much longer than CoAS has been around.
Maybe they included her in CoAS, but we originally got her as a seperate download from the Seaward.ru forums.

Wow. That is interesting. Sorry. I wasn't meaning to argue with you I was just confused. It doesn't take allot. ;)

Wow. That is interesting. Sorry. I wasn't meaning to argue with you I was just confused. It doesn't take allot. ;)

@ miklkit, I will convert then upload the Walk file to my folder on the PoTC FTP. :drunk

:bow Done. I don't know when or if I will ever acquire it, but has your walk file now.

This raises the question of whether there are any other ships in PotC with a similar history. :nerbz

:bow Done. I don't know when or if I will ever acquire it, but has your walk file now.

This raises the question of whether there are any other ships in PotC with a similar history. :nerbz

FYI: That same corvette was in the original vanilla AOP Carribean Tales off the shelf back in 2006 as well.

MK

So it has been around for some time.

I have noticed that barque3_50 and barque4_47 have the same unicorn figurehead as that corvette. Do they also have a similar history?

barque3_50 and barque4_47 are based on a stock PotC model and are only re-rigged.
They might've had details added by Seb later on though.

Based on your comments, I compared the Corvette1_47 from the PotC Build with the Corvette1 from CoAS and they're definitly based on the same model.
The Corvette1_47 is more detailed though with an added figurehead, lifeboat on the deck, modeled cabin (visible from outside only) and more.
However, the stock CoAS sailorspoints file does match up perfectly with the Corvette1_47.
I think what happened is that Sprut took the stock AoP Corvette1 and added more details to her.
Thanks for pointing this one out to me! That's another PotC crewless ship solved. :doff

[/quote]

I noticed that there are not as many walk files as there are types of models. How do you guys know what walk file goes to it's ship model, like the interceptor?

This is unbelievable. :8q I was in a shipyard just now and saw a corvette for sale. So bought it expecting the usual ships. When I saw the ship out in the harbor it took a bit for it to sink in. I had bought the corvette 1_47! :)) I seriously never expected to see it again. But, it had no crew.

The path I used is PotC-->program-->sea ai-->walk. Is that correct?

I noticed that there are not as many walk files as there are types of models. How do you guys know what walk file goes to it's ship model, like the interceptor?
Some different ship models share the same walk files, but can have totally different names, which can be confusing.
As for the Interceptor, we don't yet have a walk file for that one, as it was a custom model. :facepalm

This is unbelievable. :8q I was in a shipyard just now and saw a corvette for sale. So bought it expecting the usual ships. When I saw the ship out in the harbor it took a bit for it to sink in. I had bought the corvette 1_47! :)) I seriously never expected to see it again. But, it had no crew.

The path I used is PotC-->program-->sea ai-->walk. Is that correct?
Yes, but that isn't enough to get the crew in-game. You need to edit PROGRAM/ SEA_AI/ shipWalk.c, and add the necessary lines like this:

1. at the end of the first list of things, replace "THE WALKFILE NAME HERE":
Code:
#include "sea_ai\Walk\Mordaunt_walk.c" //pgargon <--
#include "sea_ai\Walk\Surprise1_walk.c" //Jack Harrison
#include "sea_ai\Walk\THE WALKFILE NAME HERE.c" // <----

void Ship_Walk_Init()
{
Barque_walk_init();
Galeon1_walk_init();

2. at the end of the second list, replace "WALKFILE NAME":
Code:
	Mordaunt_walk_init(); // pgargon <--
Surprise1_walk_init(); //Jack Harrison
WALKFILE NAME_init(); // <----
}

void Ship_Walk_Create()
{
int charIndex = GetEventData();
aref ship = GetEventData();

3. at the end of the whole file, directly under the last entry, replace "WALKFILE NAME":
Code:
	// TEMPLATE
case "WALKFILE NAME":
SendMessage(PeopleOnShip,"lileee",AI_MESSAGE_ADD_SHIP,ship,WALKFILE NAME_walk_count, &WALKFILE NAME_walk_verts, &WALKFILE NAME_walk_graph, &WALKFILE NAME_walk_types);
//SendMessage(WALK_TOOL,"lslee", AI_MESSAGE_ADD_SHIP, "WALKFILE NAME", WALKFILE NAME_walk_count, &WALKFILE NAME_walk_verts, &WALKFILE NAME_walk_graph, &WALKFILE NAME_walk_types);
break;
// TEMPLATE <--
If you do all this, the ship should have crew in-game; a reinit should cover that. :onya

Well, after several tries ending in the "ya screwed the pooch" message, I finally got it to load. Hit F11 and went to sea. No crew. Quit, restarted and tried again. Nope. Here is my shipwalk.c. What did I miss?

Well, after several tries ending in the "ya screwed the pooch" message, I finally got it to load. Hit F11 and went to sea. No crew. Quit, restarted and tried again. Nope. Here is my shipwalk.c. What did I miss?
Um... it looks fine to me. :shrug What did you do to avoid the error messages?
And can someone send me the walk file for Corvette1_57, please? I'd like to take a look myself.

EDIT: Ah, wait a sec, did you assign the walk file to the ship in ships_init?
If not, find this line:
Code:
refShip.Walk			= "";
and change to:
Code:
refShip.Walk			= "Corvette1_47";
and NOW it should work. :cheeky

See attached for all my latest walk file and ships_init.c updates, including the one for Corvette1_47.
A reinit might be good enough, but for new walk files, I'm thinking a new game could be required.
I'm not sure, so you'll have to try.

A reinit might be good enough, but for new walk files, I'm thinking a new game could be required.
I'm not sure, so you'll have to try.
From my experience, a reinit should work, as I remember it did when I added the HSP walk files. :yes

EDIT: WAIT, those files (ships_init and ship_walk) need merging with my latest ones, or some ships will lose their crew in-game. :facepalm

Back