• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Adjustments

All work on flags has stopped due to not having a working PotC install. For what it is worth, I was using the flag from the fastmerchantman for the corvette1.

Don't worry if you can't carry on for now, after all this isn't a high priority. :no

For what it is worth, I was using the flag from the fastmerchantman for the corvette1.
Yes that makes sense, even if the spanker is a bit stretched vertically on the FastMerchantman.
I just decided to check that ship in-game, because I was curious, and it turns out the hull and foremast have reverse lighting! :modding

I've got a new install going on the C: drive now and will get back to it. I am just going to use the flag dimensions, not the spanker. The hardest part is getting the flag to look good where it attaches at the top. I would like to know why 2 installs on 2 different HD's died at the same time and in the same way. They would not even start.

I've got a new install going on the C: drive now and will get back to it. I am just going to use the flag dimensions, not the spanker. The hardest part is getting the flag to look good where it attaches at the top.
I know you're using just the flag, I just didn't make it clear. :facepalm
And yes the hard part is gauging where the top part goes by eye.

About those dead installs, did they crash when you started this flag work...? It is quite easy to mix up some numbers and totally confuse the game. :shrug

What I did. I needed a current install in the C: drive, so I copied the one in the D: drive over and went to work in that. I just about had the corvette1 flag done and tried to look at it in game and the game would not start. Got upset and decided to kill something, so started the working game, except that it would not start either. At this point all I can think of is that somehow I was changing files in both games at the same time. There were multiple TOOLS open, so that is possible.

What I did. I needed a current install in the C: drive, so I copied the one in the D: drive over and went to work in that. I just about had the corvette1 flag done and tried to look at it in game and the game would not start. Got upset and decided to kill something, so started the working game, except that it would not start either. At this point all I can think of is that somehow I was changing files in both games at the same time. There were multiple TOOLS open, so that is possible.
Did you get any error or system logs when the game didn't start? If not, I'm stumped as to how both games died. :blink:

I didn't look. I just deleted both installs.

I know I shouldn't mention this, but I then grabbed up me cutlass and went out in the yard to uhh, trim the hedges. Ya that's it, trimming hedges. :wp Then I pulled a muscle or something in me shoulder and now can't raise me arm. :rumgone Should have used the hedge trimmer and chain saw.

I know modding can drive people nuts, but that sounds a bit over the top! No piratin' fer ye till ye're fit ta fight again! :walkplank
Seriously though, maybe you need a break from this, I know it can get pretty frustrating. The flags can wait. :drunk

Ok, change of subject. Corvette1_47. Here are screenies from two different new installs. What's up with the crew?

Is that with my files? I thought that matched up. But then I'm not sure if I checked their climbing the rigging... :facepalm

I used the files in post #82 of this thread. It may not look like it, but most of the crew are walking on air. This happened with my last installs, but it was decided they were messed up.

I think some of those guys have had a bit too much to drink! xD:
But to be honest, I don't think I tested that ship with the new crew files much, either.

This reminds me, though, the HMS_Surprise walk file seems to be a bit off, both with floating crew and men climbing invisible rigging. I think a new one needs doing from scratch. :facepalm

Here's a little something I've been doing to the good old Corvette:

[attachment=5620:Corvette_changes.jpg]

Anyone up for a game of 'spot the difference'? :cheeky
What do you think?

My thoughts exactly. :onya
But I hated some of the tiny sails, too. Hopefully they're much more better now!

Whats up m8s. I was admiring the work you all have been doing with improving the ships in the Build Mod and I was thinking I should share my find of a bunch of new ships I was able to get from a Russian mod called "DamnedDestiny_v1_0_12_29." I am uploading them to my folder on the PoTC FTP so you all can put them in you mod if you want. We plan on putting them in in our GoF mod after we are done with CoAS CM V3.2. unfortunately they are in CoAS format but I'm sure that is no problem for you all. There are seven ships or so with nice models ;)

Could you share your improvements with us when you are done with them? :keith

Hear is a pic of one of the ships.

[attachment=5622:New Lineship47.jpg]

By the way, Pieter, can you increase my picture file size. I am running out.

What's your GoF mod? :?

You mean increasing your attachment space? Modders already have 10 MB each.
For pictures, why don't you just put them on the CoAS FTP and link to them through HTTP?
That's what I do. Sometimes...

GoF = Gentlemen of Fortune http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16224-how-to-apply-to-be-part-of-the-gof-compiling-team/ Its more a rename for the CoAS CM Mod.

Thanks for the info Pieter. How do you make a link to the FTP? :shrug

Do any of you know how to merge GM files?

Could you share your improvements with us when you are done with them? :keith
If you're on about my corvette stuff, I'm not keeping it exclusive to my game.
When it's applied to all corvette models, I'll upload the changes. ;)

Flag and sails! :onya Do the larger sails make them go faster? ;)
Haha, not quite, but I guess the current speed makes more sense now that the sails are larger. :rolleyes:

Back