• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Adjustments

Thanks. The error messages were caused by my mistakes in copying. When I corrected them it worked. :rolleyes:

Here ya go hot from Craiggo's folder at the ftp site.

Thanks. The error messages were caused by my mistakes in copying. When I corrected them it worked. :rolleyes:

Here ya go hot from Craiggo's folder at the ftp site.
Thanks, but Pieter, being lightning-fast as usual, got there first with his walk files. xD:

Thanks, I think. I just got done fixing that ships_init and was going to test it.

Update: Tested it Experienced Captains way and Pieters way. No joy. The crystal ball says a new game is in my future.

Thanks, I think. I just got done fixing that ships_init and was going to test it.

Update: Tested it Experienced Captains way and Pieters way. No joy. The crystal ball says a new game is in my future.
Yes, it sounds like something's gone haywire your end; I've tested and can confirm corvette1_47 has crew with Pieter's latest update. :rolleyes:

As I said, it's quite possible that the additions to the SEA_AI folder require a new game to take effect.

Yes, it sounds like something's gone haywire your end; I've tested and can confirm corvette1_47 has crew with Pieter's latest update. :rolleyes:

That would not surprise me. The first time I tried it with your fix it did have a crew. But, they were way up in the air like they were on a tall ship like a fluyt or caravel or carrack. I shut the game down, restarted, and no more crew no matter what I tried. We shall see what surprises the next game holds.

Here's something that's been bugging me for some time now. :facepalm
Some in-game ships with spanker sails have the ensign hoisted on the rope between the two wooden beams, which looks good and realistic (despite the flag sometimes going through the sail).
Others with spanker sails, however, sometimes have a separate little pole for the ensign to fly from. In some (if not all) cases, this gets in the way of the spanker, and looks a bit weird in my opinion. I'm unsure about the historical accuracy of this, but I'd also like to know what others think.
From what I've gathered, it's quite easy to remove this pole from some models, which have it added as a separate GM file, and place the ensign on the spanker. But which is the better option? :?

I haven't found it mentioned here, but the crew on the fluytofwar34g are too low. They are knee deep in the deck everywhere on the ship. It looks like the whole walk thingy needs to be raised a bit.

I haven't found it mentioned here, but the crew on the fluytofwar34g are too low. They are knee deep in the deck everywhere on the ship. It looks like the whole walk thingy needs to be raised a bit.
On some ships they're floating, on others they're knee-deep. :wacko:
From what I can tell, the actual walk files need editing for this.

Walk files probably do need editing, yes. No idea who we can convince to look at that one. We'll see... :shrug

As for those stern flags, I don't mind if you change them to spanker instead of pole.
Originally the ships didn't have them, so I copied those poles from a Russian mod that added them.
That was better than not having them, I reckon, but I don't think historical realism came into play anywhere in the process. :no

As for those stern flags, I don't mind if you change them to spanker instead of pole.
Originally the ships didn't have them, so I copied those poles from a Russian mod that added them.
That was better than not having them, I reckon, but I don't think historical realism came into play anywhere in the process. :no
I agree, they're better than nothing. But if it's worth removing them and placing the flags on the spanker sails, that's a LOT of work for me (considering the number of ships that need changing), so I'd need some support, preferably. :whipa
The actual process is quite short and straightforward, and I could easily explain it to anyone willing to help.

Good luck trying to find one, though. I still haven't found anyone to finish those Town Capture Boarding Locators. :modding

Explain away. Not that I would understand any of it......what tools are required?

Pieter, those locators are waaay beyond me. It might take me months to figure out what you are talking about.

Explain away. Not that I would understand any of it......what tools are required?
Tools required are: TOOL, GM Viewer and a text editor like Notepad.
The best way for me to explain it (I hope) is through a Word document I've put in my FTP folder, named "Moving an Ensign from a pole to a Spanker Sail". This should show you step-by-step exactly what to do, but I'd recommend waiting until I make a full list of ships which need this done to them. If you want to practice, try 'Corvette1', which is the example in the guide. :doff
If it's too confusing, let me know. ;)

Thanx. I tried practicing on corvette1 and found out everything needs to be on the C: drive. Back to square one.....

Still working on corvette1. It's getting better. I made it this far and decided to stop. I was trying to save the location of ropeb before going on to ropee.

Still working on corvette1. It's getting better. I made it this far and decided to stop. I was trying to save the location of ropeb before going on to ropee.
Ah, you can't save it with all those '(null)'s in there, so you need to put the values in. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my guide. :wp

Uh yeah. You didn't mention all of the other nulls that need to be filled in. I eventually figured it out tho. I'm still working on corvette1 and here is my first attempt. It needs some fine tuning on top. And, just how big should the flag be? I have no ideer about size. Is it the same for all ships? :nk

Experienced Captain, could you possibly some time soon put all your latest work in a file?
I'm at home now again, so can look at them at last! :woot

I'm still working on corvette1 and here is my first attempt. It needs some fine tuning on top. And, just how big should the flag be? I have no ideer about size. Is it the same for all ships? :nk
You've got the right idea. :yes For a rough guide, look at the "HMS_Surprise" spanker (I think it's the same model as the corvette's one). The size should be proportional to the size of the ship, so basically it needs to look 'right'. Look at other examples on bigger and smaller ships to get the general variation. ;)

Experienced Captain, could you possibly some time soon put all your latest work in a file?
I'm at home now again, so can look at them at last! :woot
I'm working on it, don't worry. Good to have you back 'full time'. :onya

Back