• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released The Empress finally arrives!

Your best bet would be to look at the kind of holes in the sails to figure out the material they're made of.

What material can a hole be made of :?

:rofl

Have you been watching Abbott and Costello again? :rofl

I'll just go with canvas I guess then. The holes look like a result of some standard shot mixed with grapeshot.

What's the guy's name on first base? What's the guy's name on second base. I'm not asking you who's on second. Who's on first. I don't know. THIRD BASE!
24.gif

Anyway . . . . lol Canvas it is.
guns.gif

disney logic dictates that more holes means more speed, so it's gotta be something good.

i bet it involves swiss cheese engines.

my what the fu is stronger than yours. you should know this by now.

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I haven't abandoned the project. It's just real life has been interveining lately. And I might be moving someplace new before too long.
me.gif

I'll get back to the Empress when I have the chance. Just been busy as hell lately.

No worries mate. Good to hear things should be going well for you soon. :cheers

After being burnt out on the game for a while, I think I'm finally ready to resume work on the Empress now.
razz.gif
Just needed a good long break.

Been fiddling with the colors trying to get them just right. Also added light scuffs and minor damage to the hull.

Fullscreen capture 252012 84850 PM.jpg

No worries; better late than never, right? Thanks anyway mate. :cheers

Here's more work I did. I changed some of the colors on deck. And I added texture and grime to the sails.

ENGINE 2012-02-14 00-56-33-37.jpg ENGINE 2012-02-14 00-56-43-79.jpg ENGINE 2012-02-14 00-57-05-85.jpg

Brilliant! The colours look spot on, mate. I especially like the sail texture. :onya

She's not far from being done. The model itself is so detailed that I don't need to get as elaborate with the textures as I did with the Pearl, Wench, and especially the Queen Anne's Revenge.
keith.gif

This would be a VERY cool ship to see in the game! :dance

I took a sort of vacation for about 2 weeks, but I'm back. Time to finish this ship!
keith.gif

Good to hear, I'm adding citizens and dialog as we speak, so hopefully, we can both have our projects done for the next patch!

Back