• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released The Empress finally arrives!

a word wivye: thingy, bamboo is alrigh', inni? as I said, make it a lil thinner and any rodent still with its wits about it would take another vessel to get away from the rain season. Where we're at the heart of my marbelingos. the paintings near the water-line are coming off in flakes. Why, one thought this is a dreamship. Donno what sea-life is pondering upon, hmm, well. it's pretty easy that sumphing can be done about it, what you reckon? tinge it oh please with specks of aquamarine, teal, emerald colours. Care about the other ships when you want to cruise the big waters. Ya ya, me knows, paddling on a class eight surfboard, one keg o' rum, fishing-rod and a net lets one really wish for a lonely island to erupt suddenly in ear-sight range, the rats and frogs can become quite a vexing problem.

If someone could point out a link where any pupil in starting to fiddle in mods and such might get enough courage, insights and results for saying more on the subject. Tried scan and paste, the propeller from the processor flew off like a loose balloon in a sprightly winter-storm.

*phrows a bottle of message at the silly sea-gulls*

...now, these are pretty agile soms. Hey, they picked up on a signal:

cwln1952l.jpg

ah, a bit of fog and no winds for a change of gear. Luwwits, la'ers me rowlerskaters

should give us a stretch of nonchalant scribblings now, where the shoulderpet ventures into the mist for a rockin stroll to inquire at the flying fish where the best, the next wharf may be situated, while me is crawling to a swinging hammock loik.

Phanks for a somewhat brilliant read from 'His Highness Apprentice of the Feelings a bit better in a minute' corsair from Somalia, sorta. You have goose-skinned at least my mood for such an amount the world hasn't been perceiving for a long time. What's more: we, the fairies at games of trail and mirror -your hair is looking awright- with an occasional fibbing trick of playing applied rattle-sails at a beginning of a chance meeting with possible loot and pockets full'f clumsy hands, ..what is it you wanted to hear? ahya, nice letter. Some matters are nevertheless scratching one's upper lofty attic. Our procedure to clear things up a bit though is waiting for the right mouse-kick to take some side-effects. Ey, that nVision out-of-control panel tells de nutter really. Your small capture of advanced caboodleing only proves that there is intelligents somewhere. I'm looking for a nature walk. Need some fresh ideas. You should see the tiles, depicting all monsters and aliens in complete the known and better be left in obscuri'y rest of the cosmos ever thought nicely upon in that bathroom. Have a second-hand free for a perusal of the first two Disc-novels if you can find the nerves. Wawawa Lspace.org

..alternatively will me eg start a topic "Windows de Linux for rare operatings, reboot and a lame slogan around the world on a cart of maps". Firs phings flat tho, a breeze has told a shoal of silverfish how to spin a broadsidecasting spectacular on the BBC-Armano-suite. ..that itinerary trunk what's floating by has got more then four feetses. I lost you? would probably be satisfied with that fleet of reconnaissance boats of yours. Ta & toodle-oo​

Any better?
dunno.gif
As it turns out, the Empress cannot use two sail textures, I'm guessing because she is too low class of a ship?

Well I made the bamboo about a third the thickness of what it was. If I make it too much skinnier, you'll lose the detail in the bamboo. What do you think?
It looks fine for the fore and mizzen sails, but I still think the main sail needs more bamboo poles.
I'm sure I recall Pieter (not the new Pieter; this one -> :252_ship_captain: ) mentioning the code for emblem sails somewhere else, and there must be a way to make exceptions...

Translation? lol
Erm... yeah, good luck with that... I don't speak pirate, meself. :wacko:

Also, I installed that walk file twice and the crew just won't show up.
dunno.gif
You were only given the walk file by itself, right? That's not enough to make it show up, at least in PotC.
Two more files need to be modified; Ships_init.c for the Empress' entry, needs to have the line [refShip.walk = "walkfilename";],
and there's a bit of copy/paste/edit work to do in SEA_AI -> ShipWalk.c. You might be able to figure out what to do by following the code patterns, but if not then give me a shout.
Also, don't forget to press F11 in-game once the code changes are done.

Ah. He gave me the ships_init.c entry, but not the SEA_AI ShipWalk.c entry.
dunno.gif
I completely forgot about shipwalk.c
mybad.gif
Sorry.

Well I made the bamboo about a third the thickness of what it was. If I make it too much skinnier, you'll lose the detail in the bamboo. What do you think?

[attachment=8037:moddingNGINE 2012-01-13 18-48-18-88.jpg]

Actually the battens should be barely visible, since they are really thin and made of a single bamboo piece. They are after all there just to hold the shape of sail, not really supporting anything.

not the new Pieter; this one -> :252_ship_captain:

LOL
laugh.gif

As for instructions, they are in BP-QAR thread. Makes me think if we should make all these ships unique and allow unique type to allways use multiple sails?

As for instructions, they are in BP-QAR thread. Makes me think if we should make all these ships unique and allow unique type to allways use multiple sails?
That might be a good solution, considering the unique ships are mostly pretty big. Should be simple to do, hopefully.

Have you tried setting two different sails for her in ships_init.c? That should technically work, provided she has different sail states for Full and Battle sails.

what would it sound like if a sea-monster had a crunch on the forward rushing canvas ?-) donno really.

Avoiding rumbling crew requires steering the ship out of the Mediterranean. Surfs so full of marvels, it speaks novels of how the spume is playing with the effervescing, foamy crowns. Of creation, that is.
me.gif
..ghehe, alohah.
poet.gif

Finally. DONE with the sails. Where Chinese sails made of canvas too? I wanted to give the sails some kind of texture to avoid that cardboard look.
keith.gif

VERY nice; much more better! :woot

Are those bright yellow things supposed to have that colour? They stand out as looking really quite odd to me...

VERY nice; much more better! :woot

Are those bright yellow things supposed to have that colour? They stand out as looking really quite odd to me...

I haven't gotten to those bright yellow things yet. They will be darker and have holes when I'm done.

Here's the other alpha-mapped parts of the Empress. They yellow fins and the rudder.
me.gif
I need to add some grime to the sails and fins, but I'll do that later. Now I can finally get back to work on the hull and rest of the ship.

Fullscreen capture 1162012 103943 PM.jpg Fullscreen capture 1162012 103937 PM.jpg Fullscreen capture 1162012 103928 PM.jpg

The empress would, historically speaking, have had canvas sails unless it was from a region that had only barely been touched by western influence. Before the europeans started trading with china, the sails would have been made out of bamboo mats. Of course, this is a disney ship we're speaking of, so make of that what you will. Your best bet would be to look at the kind of holes in the sails to figure out the material they're made of.

Back