• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released USS Constitution upgrade

Variety, along with the fact that it looks authentic (see this model of the USS President) and cool. :p
Don't worry, the unique Constitution that looks exactly like the real one still has a black stern. The alternate versions are for general use.

Yes, this is V2.2 of the Constitution. The battlefrigates are being worked on. All of the locators are on mast1 but less than half of them are properly placed. Then comes copying the locators to the hull.

Then comes copying the locators to the hull.
You weren't planning on doing that one locator at a time, were you? o_O
It's very quick in TOOL to open the Constitution hull, select 'Locators -> Write to file', and then open the BattleFrigate hull and select 'Locators -> Read from file'.
The only changes will be to remove the 'deck', 'decor' and 'guns' geometry locators, and to adjust the mast1 geometry locator.
For the latter, you'll need pinpoint-accurate coordinates from Captain Armstrong, to make sure the mast pieces meet seamlessly.

Yes, I was planning on copying them one at a time. :checklist I just tried your suggestion and got an "out of bounds" exception but managed to get out of there without corrupting the GM.

Maybe I need to clarify the instructions? Wouldn't be the first time... :wp
It's very quick in TOOL to open the Constitution hull, select 'Locators -> Write to file', and save the file as "hull.txt". Then, open the BattleFrigate hull (Open GM) and select 'Locators -> Read from file', and browse to "hull.txt".
The "hull.txt" is just an example, BTW.

It took a while with many attempts, but it finally seems to work. The instructions are very cryptic.
I ended up with two US BattleFrigate hulls. One with a bunch of missing textures and a blue stern, and another (the newest?) with all of the textures and a black stern.

a nice action shot with the Prince in company
constitution action.jpg

It took a while with many attempts, but it finally seems to work. The instructions are very cryptic.
I ended up with two US BattleFrigate hulls. One with a bunch of missing textures and a blue stern, and another (the newest?) with all of the textures and a black stern.
Well, as long as you understand the process of reading/writing the locators and can use it again, that's all that matters. :nerbz

Do you have the texture pack from this post? All the textures included should work properly with the newest hull.

Nice battle shot.

There is probably something wrong with TOOL as I had to manually name the file, and then look everywhere for it since I had no ideer where it went. Then the write process did not go smoothly. But it got done. The big question is if I will remember how to do it if there is a next time.

I have those textures now. I'm still working on mast1.

Back