• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released USS Constitution upgrade

oh right, I just saw there was no blue and posted that one without thinking, disregard my link and use the one from the texture pack!:onya

There is only the one ship so far. When the stays'ls are somewhat organized then it will be copied, renamed and hex edited.

Hmmm, I defanitely think we could do with loosing the top stays'l between the main and fore masts. possibly some of the others too. any second opinions on what other ones to take down?

While they are historically correct those stays between the main masts are ugly. Methinks Post Captain didn't like the middle one.

Well the stays themselves should remain to support the mast, but
The sail can go. Perhaps it would be good to remove the middle one as
Well. I prefer the more minimal set that is on the constitution herself, but I suppose
Having more staysails set adds variety

That French version would look perfect to me, if it weren't for the white masts. :wp She needs to use dcFR.tga, not dcUS.tga. Similarly, the RN version should use dcRN.tga.
Otherwise, the rigging looks excellent! Might be worth getting some pics on ModDB?

That's great, thanks! :onya

Now we just need a new walk file. I'm out for most of tomorrow, but might be able to start working on one.
I wish we had more people who could use the Sailor Tool. :facepalm

A texture is missing for her. This is for COAS, but this texture isn't in POTC either.

Can't load texture resource\textures\ROPEU2.TGA.tx

Thanks for pointing that out, Luke. That texture was first uploaded in this post in another thread, so must have been forgotten.
I'll be sure to add it to the final package when I've got a walk file done. :onya

No problem bud, and thanks for the link.:onya I will now be able to see the later part of the ropes in a real texture as a pose to been white.:D

Just waiting on the walk file now; everything else is pretty much finished.

cool, I think i misinterpreted one of the earlier posts, I didnt realize that the blue american, french, and english versions were done too. :) great to have her so close to being done! it would be great to have al versions of the constitution as well as the essex ready for the next release, so i'll try to find a way to get the latest essex files uploaded (turns out my computer was fine, so all my files are safe, though i'll need to get someone else to upload them to dropboox for me because I didn't bring it with.)

Back