• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

Hi,

at first merry x-mas to all.

I have installed mod v3.2. and former 3.1.5. It´s a really well done modification. :onya .

Only two things are strange:
Since the installing mod v3.2 I can not carry goods who are in the water and when I am in a cave a can not activate the ghosts (skeletons) when I go through the white light.

What is the reason and can anybody help me to fix this bugs.

Many thank´s in advance

Hi,

at first merry x-mas to all.

I have installed mod v3.2. and former 3.1.5. It´s a really well done modification. :onya .

Only two things are strange:
Since the installing mod v3.2 I can not carry goods who are in the water and when I am in a cave a can not activate the ghosts (skeletons) when I go through the white light.

What is the reason and can anybody help me to fix this bugs.

Many thank´s in advance

I played also with 3.2 and everything you wrote works fine to me. Maybe you make something wrong by the installation?
The white light in the cave activate the skeletons and there is no problem to carry goods who are in the water.

Hello,

took a few minutes break from the game to come and say that your mod is AWESOME guys. :)

Really good work.

Cheers.

Got one little question.

Did you guys disable getting patents from pirates in pirate ports for money?
Whenever i wanna buy a patent and not do missions for governers the guy says he doesn't have patents.

nwm I got it from the governer.

Be sure to see here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16966-age-of-pirates-ii-piratesahoy-edition

The new mod is very well done and it does a great job getting rid of a lot of annoying bugs. Keep up the great work.

Hello everyone,

Well I'm kinda back for now, download 3.2 back when it was released but only got to playing now.

The new release is great of course, I like the books very much, gives a great feel to the gameplay, also the new models are fun play with.

Still I have a few questions, namelly with characters, I've been trying to find some charaters and can't seem to find them, Arabela Smith and the other english girl back in Port Royal Jamaica, can remember her name.
Overal there seem to be less of these charaters, meaning the hero type charaters one finds linked to nations or the pirate faction. Did you guys remove some of these?

Also sadly theres still some problems with cannos or guns and ships, guns that can't be unmounted and you can keep on seling them for a huge price.

The wind thing also needs a bit of adapting from the player but I'm geting the hang of it :keith

Anyway I'm geting the new fix you guys released and will try it, and will report latter.

By the way I see great new models being made, they look super, great work guys, you know who you are, pgargon, Jack Harrison, Bava, modernknight1, Luke159 and the others, thank you for this great mod. :onya

Many thanks for your great effort, but this is impossible to download. :(
You wouldn't happen to have a stable mirror?

Hello

I have a problem with mod

Every time when i try to change a flag game crash

Please help

Seb
This might have something to do with this messed up video file ("Pirate.wmv", wich is afaiks not part of the mod)
It is located in your main game directory under.../RECOURCE/VIDEO/. Try replacing it with a copy of one of the other video files - England.wmv for example.
Please make a backup of the original file first!

Videos are fine
i play them in videoplayer and they are ok
what u mean replace? change name england for pirate???

am try but not work at all
any other ideas?

This issue has come up before. It's how the videos are implemented in the game that's the problem. Some people have reported that just deleting all the video files completely gets rid of the bug. They're kind of worthless videos anyway.

MK

Yap

thank u for helping me with this problem

now works fine

i remove only files conected to changing flags and is working as far

thank u again

seb

Downloading now.

Hose in your mouth...

(uttered at university by an extremely brilliant, intelligent professor with German accent: When there is so much data coming at you that you can't possibly comprehend or understand it, its like a Hose in your mouth. "Only then it's right"....

"Only then it's right"

Welcome aboard my boy.

MK

Hi from me too team, congrats from me too, you have made a lot of people happy the past years.

Anyway, If I may, the 3.2 has zero bugs so far, a proof of the great job you put on it. I have a question though, more of a gameplay issue than anything else. Ok so I re installed the game with the latest version, I am now level 9, but the thing is, the shipyards almost never sell the new custom ships you guys have made.....After hours reading the ini files and pressing the "rein" button in options, I can safely say that 99% of the models so far are the stock ships and the old ports from the older games..... And I have came across awesome builts so far on the sea, like the merchant brig, but the rest of the quality ships are nowhere to be found.....This is getting frustrating and maybe there is an issue with the script file, perhaps the codes in the shipyard file? I am no mod, although last patch I was twitching and fixing waterlines and cannons on my own.... I need so advice and help, cause asking for the shiputilities.c file with all the ships available may be too much....

Also, can someone tell me how can I make the color of the sails of all ships clean white? I though I saw a file with some options, but I dare not touch....

, I can safely say that 99% of the models so far are the stock ships and the old ports from the older games..... And I have came across awesome builts so far on the sea, like the merchant brig, but the rest of the quality ships are nowhere to be found.....This is getting frustrating and maybe there is an issue with the script file, perhaps the codes in the shipyard file?

Keep playing you will run into them eventually. If you are not convinced of this, savescum. When you encounter a convoy in worldview and are ready to see what's there, save and then go to sailing mode. If you don't like the ship, go back to that save and try again and see what's generated. On the shipyards, I thought Luke159 made all ships enabled standard. We wanted to make it realistic mode at first on purpose, because we believed that you shouldn't be able to buy just any ship you wanted at shipyards - if you want it, capture it, we thought. You can check it. Luke159 stated that all ships have the possibility of being generated at shipyards at the beginning of this thread.

"Toggle Switches
In Program == _mod_on_off.h you will have the option to set the game to your liking from 4 switches. These switches are.
- Realistic Spyglass (play with stock settings where all features like, speed, sail damage, hull damage etc are shown or play with all those features turned off).
- Realistic Ship Purchase (either play with stock settings where all ships are generated at the shipyard or play with the more Realistic way where only small ships will be purchaseable).
- Realistic Reloading Times (choose to play with a more Realistic cannon loading times or set to play with faster reloading times).
- RTBL (choose to play with full stock settings a first in the combined mod or play with a more Realistic naval battle feel, difference is battles will last longer)."

Just go into the files and change realistic mode from 1 to 0 I believe. Go to the beginning of the thread and read Luke's explanation. How long have you been playing Mate? You may just not have run into them yet.

Also, can someone tell me how can I make the color of the sails of all ships clean white? I though I saw a file with some options, but I dare not touch....

Indeed for a long time I've wanted this too as it was something we used to be able to do in AOP1. It can be done manually by making a couple small changes in the files.

Take a look at this topic: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Happy Pirating Matey :onya

MK

Thanks, I see all are 0 apart from realistic reloading which is 1..... 1 means yes, 0 no? Ok, I set at the beginning of the game the battles to be "tactical", what is the difference with that and the on/off switch with the RTBL? cause between these two parameters there can be 4 combinations....I want the game to be realistic btw....

Plus the link for the sails doesn't work..... :nk :modding :cheeky

Back