• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Weapons

Hylie - Can you send me the clean files from the 8th June update? You can look what files they replace, and upload the clean ones you have? Please dude, it will really help me.

When testing non-released (e.g. small updates NOT whole patches) it is always a good idea to back up files... Ill take a look at the files and see how different they are and if I can update then manually

Use WinMerge to install anything, unless it's part of the "official" modpack releases
or the accompanying information specifically states it is compatible with your game version.

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1309472439' post='397146']
No they are not the ones mate.. The 8th June update is 4+ MB
[/quote]

Yes they are! :2guns Bart O Port added a lot of weapons that will do no harm by being there. The files I posted are the ones that activate those weapons, and also cause other problems because they are not compatible with patch 6. :drunk

Ok, where do the ItemsDescribe.txt go? and the Pictures.ini ?

EDIT : It works even without the other files! thank you very much Hylie! If you want, I can get slaped insted of you in tortuga..?

This week, I will release an unique zip. file including the weapons and others files. All the stuff compatible with Patch 6. :yes

Sounds good, Bartolomeu! And if you can fix those Falchions, that's be great Morgan; I don't think that's been done yet.

I was fast. Here's the new zip file. The problem about the falchions is also solved.

To Pieter: you don't need to download the time period weapons mod file seeing, I think, you already downloaded the files I released in this topic these last weeks. Just download the for Pieter file.

To SJG and Captain Maggee : it would be interesting if you could adapt your storylines to this mod. I already made this work for my storylines + the standard one.

Attachments

• for Pieter.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 57
how did you solve it exactly? i renamed the third falchion into a machete, but that will need changing back. that is also the one falchion which is supposed to be historically accurate.

Thanks a lot, Bartolomeu!

For the Period Weapons, we will need some code in place to automatically load the correct set based on the time period.
But it'll definitely be good to have period-correct weapons used in all storyline files, because whatever we do for the random items, that will need to be done anyway.

how did you solve it exactly? i renamed the third falchion into a machete, but that will need changing back. that is also the one falchion which is supposed to be historically accurate.
For any suggestions about changes in names or values of these blades. Post your comments in this topic, Morgan, so that Pieter and anyone else can read what you propose. I would like many people testing the mod in order to improve the gameplay. :yes

Thanks a lot, Bartolomeu!For the Period Weapons, we will need some code in place to automatically load the correct set based on the time period.But it'll definitely be good to have period-correct weapons used in all storyline files, because whatever we do for the random items, that will need to be done anyway.
My idea would be to include an initItems.c in each storyline folder like the system we use for the quest items. Maybe, you could do that. I also proposed mannnnyyyy months ago to Pirate_kk the idea of a mod limiting the number of blades and guns a character can carry.(For instance, 3 blades and 2 guns :shrug )

For any suggestions about changes in names or values of these blades. Post your comments in this topic, Morgan, so that Pieter and anyone else can read what you propose. I would like many people testing the mod in order to improve the gameplay. :yes

i just did. but what is the answer to my question?

I'd prefer not having multiple copies of initItems.c if we can prevent that. We'll see...

Limited inventory is something Pirate_KK once did a bit of work on, but never finished.
For now, I'm hoping he'll still finish his current WIP stuff, such as Customize Character, Select Flag and Capture Colonies.

I am seeing new weapons! This seems to be working well now. The naval dirk has always been needed.

Szabla! :ixi

The monks are still buggered. :d:

At Philipsburg the Dutch soldiers are wearing two short pistols. They look a bit like Wild West gunslingers. When they fight they pull one out and pistol whip their opponent. Pretty effective too. :2guns

I'm collecting sabers but can not sell them. What to do?

At Philipsburg the Dutch soldiers are wearing two short pistols. They look a bit like Wild West gunslingers. When they fight they pull one out and pistol whip their opponent. Pretty effective too. :2guns

i don't care if that's a bug, that sounds awesome!

Back