• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help You want to help but can't code?

Means all actual quest code files are line-for-line exactly the same.

So.... What team do you have? And what did you intend to accomplish by posting those files twice as if they contained new content?
If you have specific questions, we can point you in the right direction. But nobody is going to do the work for you, I can guarantee you.
Right now it looks like you are just distracting people who could actually be doing real things.

I would be prepared to help you, but copying isn't the way to go. Neither is editing. Getting inspired by a story is something else. Appearently you can code. Sit down on the cough, grab a noteblock and a cup o' coffee, and write your story. Then you should cosider making it. ''imo''

dude we got the story but we just need to edit some staff should i get the standard storyline and edit or just use something else and then edit it.

Not to insult, but use .'s please ;) And if you got you're story, you should get writing. I have no experience with modding the Build mod, so no idea how it goes. I do know that editing is easy, but you will never be that proud of something if you do so. As Pieter said, if you have questions or don´t know what to do, they can point you in the right direction, or help you with it.

I would be prepared to help you, but copying isn't the way to go. Neither is editing. Getting inspired by a story is something else.
What we found is that copying existing code and adapting that to suit your own ideas works the best.
So play through the existing stories, see elements you like, then see how they happen in the code.
Once you start to understand that, you can copy it and start adapting. And next thing you know, you are cobbling together a unique story based on existing work.
And when you become familiar with how quests work, you don't have to copy anymore because you already know how to do it.

There's nothing specifically wrong with copying the Master & Commander storyline files, because that only has sidequests and no main quest at all.
That makes it a great "blank slate" to subsequently start adding a main quest to.
There is, however, something wrong with pretending it contains new content made by a "team of people".

Back