New Horizons Ships
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO SEE THE DETAILS:-
- Class - Ship Level - 8 being lowest (e.g. Tartane ) 1 being highest (e.g.Man o War )
- Guns - The quantity of guns the ship has.
- Calibre - The Maximum quality of the guns a ship can have installed. This is the weight in pounds of the shot fired so the higher the number, the more powerful the gun!
- Hull Strength - How much of a pounding the ship's hull can take before being compromised.
- Max. Crew - The full complement of the ship.
- Min. Crew - The minimum crew the ship can realistically run under.
- Speed Rate - How fast, under full sail, the vessel can go under a good wind.
- Turn Rate - The rate at which the vessel turns under full, un-pocked sail. This is dependant on how mauled the sails are.
- Capacity - Size of the hold; for example, '100' would mean you can only carry about 25 planks or 50 bags of wheat.
- Price - Self-Explanatory.
WebApp to display all ships with their stats:
See this post on the Forums :- Tool to Create Ships Init Overview
This app reads your "Ships_init.c" and "common.ini" from you game version (default or modded), extracts the information, saves it to a file and displays it in a table.
You can then view ships across several files (i.e. versions), set a specific filter (like display only class 1), hide specific columns (like speedrate or turnrate) and set a primary (left mouse click) and secondary (right mouse click) sorting column, where ascending/descending can be switched by clicking the column again.
You can add ships to be compared (even across multiple files) -> these rows will be highlighted blueish and will be shown in the comparison menu docked to the right side of the screen. This comparison can then be saved for later access by copying the presented URL.
More info can be found in the included "Help" or "Differences in ingame data" tooltips!
Latest tool version (23.06.2016) - see attachment tab above
Thanks to Hotshot - for creating this tool.