• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 2.5 Internal Release Available!

it says pirate hunting quest.
Do you have Test Version 4 from the opening post? I recently changed that text, but it shouldn't say that anymore.

i checked the island like 10 times now.. there is no ship.. there were some random natians aroudn there but i sunk them all so yeah where is the target ship? .. what would happen when i ignore the questship and the fort kills it, so that i dont do dmg to him maybe thats the problem? hmm-- Update?:nerbz
If the fort sank the ship instead of you, you should still be able to collect the reward from the governor. Give that a try. :yes

Ohh noo what have i done???^^
:rofl

By the way: i recently sunk and boarded some ships and there was one ship [SURRENDERED] with an captain who dont gave me the only option to kill him. in the dialoge i had the option to make him an officer (cool feature :) ) so i did that and went back to map. it was the 22.08.1752 as i left sea mode and quicksaved. I cruised around a little bit and the game crashed always when the clock hit 23.08.1752
[...]
my workaround was: load the quicksaved game @ 22.08.1752, quickly go to sea mode - timex 30 and wait for 24.08.1752. sold the ships at the shipyard the new officer is not active and i have no problems anymore. whatever that was.. hm
Random crashes happen at times. Recommend to save often. If you find out anything consistent about those crashes, be sure to let us know. :doff

The NL_Pinnace does not fit the dock at Bonaire.

Saving Toff's Daughter works perfectly and repairing that worn sword is expensive.

Uhm... Jason? Was there supposed to be something in that post of yours in addition to a quote of my message? :wp

i checked the island like 10 times now.. there is no ship.. there were some random natians aroudn there but i sunk them all so yeah where is the target ship? .. what would happen when i ignore the questship and the fort kills it, so that i dont do dmg to him maybe thats the problem? hmm-- Update?:nerbz
I have done further testing on this, without my safeguard in place this time. Couldn't make that ship disappear at all. :shock
See here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/fixing-the-pirate-hunting-quests.20568/page-5#post-452102

I did Toff's Daughter in the Chevalier storyline, 1690. The repair cost was something like $17,645.

Sabine Matton at Martinique has no dialog.
She says: "I can't load dialog file [ Sabine Matton_dialog.c ] assigned to me."

According to Don Lasagnetti, he doesn't have Sabine Matton working properly yet. But he was going to send me his latest files some time today.

On another note,it is getting hard to keep track of all the little fixes, but your progress is amaazing.
I know. We're not far off from the full release though.
Might make one more fix-pack before the weekend and then release 2.5 in/after the weekend. I don't think weekend releases usually stand out very much though.

Are the unexistant buildings in some towns a bug, or they just haven't been incorporated yet? Perhaps it's just my installation... Can someone please check if they can enter the shipyard in Havana?

Are the unexistant buildings in some towns a bug, or they just haven't been incorporated yet? Perhaps it's just my installation... Can someone please check if they can enter the shipyard in Havana?
What non-existing buildings do you mean?

play as Nathanial hawk. Mission:
Meet Danielle on San Juan

...into town – Follow crew running in distance – fight more soldiers.
Danielle walks up and talks to you – Follow her to Prison – Go and find Clement Aurentius – in cell at far end – talk to him
enter the prison and look to your left hand side. theres a prison "manager" sitting behind his table. talk to him:

"theres no text" -> "exit"

"Unexistant buildings"? Do you mean buildings where you can walk through walls? Those were added some time ago but left without being made solid. They are everywhere.
The shipyard at Havana works for me.

"Unexistant buildings"? Do you mean buildings where you can walk through walls? Those were added some time ago but left without being made solid. They are everywhere.
BuildingSet buildings again? They cannot be made solid. Talk to the owner of the little workshop in Speighstown port for explanations.

So I switched to apprentice level and as expected it was like a hot knife through butter. They fell easily.
Pistols still do serious damage, even the smallest ones and the grapeshot pistol is by far the hardest hitting one of all. The blundebuss, musket, and musketoon are a waste of time in comparison.
All of my officers all got much higher HP too.
This is why i play on swashbuckler. One needs to find out if it is possible or not.

So then the problem DOES come from the increase in difficulty. Therefore we have to tone down the effect. But not too much.

And you're saying that the blunderbuss, musket and musketoon are generally useless? That's not good; those weapon stats will need to be changed then.
Any suggestions?

BTW: I'm currently in the process of preparing the final Beta 2.5 installer and double-checking that it installs properly.
I intend to make an internal release of the final version this evening/tomorrow so that we can all check it before.

What non-existing buildings do you mean?

Well I have a door named "Shipyard" when I walk around town, but there isn't any icon showing that I can enter. When I tap space and try to enter it, nothing happens except that I am unable to talk to anyone or enter any buildings, except for fast travel using the command bar.
Perhaps it's my installation, I'll try to reinstall.

That DOES sound very strange. Indeed reinstalling might be a good idea. If you wait a few hours, I'll have a REAL installer ready for Beta 2.5.
Still for internal testing for now, but much closer to what the final version will be like. That should be much easier to install correctly too.

Back