• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Dutch Pinnace 1627

I like! The model looks nice and Dutch-like to my untrained eye, which is definitly a good thing. :woot

I am really looking forward to this pinnace. :bow The current pinnace is really starting to show its age.

Merry Christmas! :xmas

Not bad. She'll make for a decent light merchant vessel. This should really beef up some of the merchant fleets some.

Might I suggest doing either the 98 gun HMS Temeraire of 1798 or the French 84 gun Le Mirage for your next project?

Not bad. She'll make for a decent light merchant vessel. This should really beef up some of the merchant fleets some.

Might I suggest doing either the 98 gun HMS Temeraire of 1798 or the French 84 gun Le Mirage for your next project?

I personally think the 18th century is well represented. Pgargon's Le Superb and Bellona are beautiful 2nd rates from that time. If anything, we have too many 18th century ships considering the shortage of 17th century ships which were more prevalent during the age of piracy. We need more 17th century ships.

MK

Happy New Year Pgargon!!! :cheers :drunk :beer

:warr

Absolutely BRILLIANT work on the early 17th Century Dutch Pinnace! :shoot: She is absolutely stunning and I can't wait to get her in game! :bow

With her added we will finally have a nice variety of Pinnaces. This one will be my favorite. I can just see a convoy of your Pinnace, Yo Ho Ho's Pinnace, and the old AOP Pinnace together on the water resembling one of the old Dutch master's paintings. Variety is the spice of life.

Once you get her done maybe you could build the Zeven Provincien or Hollandia Mate. :bow :cheers

MK

MK has dutch on the brain! :razz

Nice job mate. Cant wait to get underway with this beaut.

I get the revers lighting bug and the beep bug when I add a detail to the ship with the Inez tool. Do I need to just import and export the GM file with Maya and if so how do I do that?

I personally think the 18th century is well represented. Pgargon's Le Superb and Bellona are beautiful 2nd rates from that time. If anything, we have too many 18th century ships considering the shortage of 17th century ships which were more prevalent during the age of piracy. We need more 17th century ships.

MK

Agreed on the whole need more 17th century ships bit there. I just miss the 98 gun second rate I once sailed on the burning sea before the devs took them away that's all. In general though I'm of the opinion that one can never have too many good quality ships to sail period.

But yeah if there is a shortage of certain ships of a certain period do tend to that first.

But yeah if there is a shortage of certain ships of a certain period do tend to that first.
Personally I'd say we're missing some national ships, namely Portuguese variants.
I'm not even sure we have a truly brand-new from-scratch Portuguese ship... :shock
All we have in the 'PO_shipname' department are some (beautiful) re-textures.
And of course, there is that certain lack of new 17th Century ships as mentioned.
Anyway, that's my opinion. We've been a little biased towards the Royal Navy, don't you think? xD:

P.S. Fantastic work, pgargon! :doff

HUGE bias towards British Royal Navy indeed! :shock

As for adding details: recommended to do it like Seb did for PotC and have the details in a seperate GM file.
Then add a locator to the main GM file to make it load the new GM file as well.
The added details will then have reverse lighting, but not the original ship which is much better and still doesn't require Maya.

You're making great progress, pgargon! :woot

Brilliant! I do think that eventually the green stern could do with getting a bit of a darker colour;
maybe you can check some of Petros' and Thomas the Terror's PotC skins for reference?

New Update 10. Jan 2011.

@Pieter Green Color is now a little bit darker. Pieter tell me if it is even darker. ;)

Back