• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Replaced Towns

So what should we do with them?

• Total voters
I'll put whatever new things I have together very soon. Probably Sunday or so.
Then people can try out the new and improved locations.

Walk patches are still being worked on.

Interestingly enough, Oranjestad and especially Tortuga are both not all-out support. When I visited the remade Tortuga for the first time, it appeared grey, dull and hard to orientate. Now it seems OK, since it is a pirate safe heaven after all and you don't expect it to look like Havana:) or smth, though I, for one, refrain from voting on this particular location. What I actually dislike, is that the fast-travel buttons do not seem to work here, it always goes "something's 'bout to happen here" and it's a bit annoying to run all the way through the streets. Couldn't that be fixed? Also, why bother putting an addition passage to the Governor? Couldn't his chamber be visited directly like all other locations?
The last three towns are a must, IMHO, great looks.

Last edited:
Speaking of the office, what's with them locks on some chests? Intentional? They're "unpickable" if I'm not mistaken:) Oh, and also, could you please look into the fast travel issue if it's a bug?

Well, you got me with those locks at least - I spent some time hunting for the lockpicks just to try to take on these bastards, just to find out they were actually useless :) But seriously, thats kinda unfair :)

Life is cruel and afterlife's no different, yeah. Still, keys unlock things, right? And so do lockpicks. And whatever is inside...

I would appreciate if you also
visit some inside locations and check the town at night.

1) You may want to double check some staff around the town, like merchants' things, carts, etc. They are "ghost items" and you can pass straight through them, as if they're made of air.
2) I switched on to Devlin in the early explorers when the town was French, and there was still the abundance of pirate symbols, flags, etc., like in later epochs. Not sure if that's intentional.
3) During the night the town looks OK, still, I for one, would vote for a bit brighter light in the lit windows. It is in fact nearly invisible just from some 20-30 paces.
4) Damn Gibbs still sitting inside the random soldier who's off duty:) I think this has been addressed multiple times, but the fact remains, he still sits there and the tavern looks more hard-to-breath than ever:D
5) Some dead/drunk(?) guy lying in the streat with a simple clock in his pocket. If he's dead he should decay. If he's drunk, he should get sober, than go polish Tortuga's grass in some other place:D

Does this make a difference?

Hope it does, let's have a look.

1) I can't fix that.
2) I started Devlin at Tortuga. See the pictures.
The flags are ok.
I have changed the banners over the gate to Turtle symbols.
The tower have 2 skull symbols. They can easily be changed.:onya
Over the gate: I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a skull?
3) I see if it gets better with brighter light. :onya
4) Gibbs is there. This has nothing to do with the replacement of the town model. But sure is a BUG. :shrug
5) I let him lie there.

6) I have opened those chests. You were right: it was an inconsequence in the game.

Attachments

• french flag.jpg
    french flag.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Gibbs and his conjoined twin.jpg
    Gibbs and his conjoined twin.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 99
  • neutral turtles.jpg
    neutral turtles.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 82
  • skull symbol.jpg
    skull symbol.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 88
  • unknown symbol.jpg
    unknown symbol.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 81
2. Should be changed with the latest Beta 3.3 WIP

4. Again, is that using you get the latest Beta 3.3 WIP? While I didn't test it, I did re-include the Beta 3.2 fix for that a few days back.

5. Dead characters always remain until you reload to another location. This is completely unrelated to any specific locations, new or old.
There is a related CORPSE_AUTODISAPPEAR setting in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h, but I'm not sure if that still works.

5) But this body is a randitem so he'll stay there forever...
Maybe he's just tired. :drunk

Spanish oops. Ok I started Devlin by just changing the start location in StartStoryline.
At least it's not a pirate flag.

Back